Problem assigning workers in a colony??

TwoShedsJackson

Chieftain
Can anyone help on this? I've attached a save, for some reason I do not seem to be able to drag and drop three colonists outside Montreal to jobs within the colony - I can't figure out why.

Probably something simple I'm overlooking but I'm stumped..

Attachments

• currentgame.ColonizationSave
    111.3 KB · Views: 67
I haven't looked at the save (what version? are you using a mod?) but it could be either because they do not have enough movement points available or the colony does not have enough food to support them.

Tried a bit more and it seems you can't add colonists to a colony if it has 10 food or less and negative food income.

The really annoying part of that is it won't even allow you to add a farmer to the colony to improve the food supply! The answer is to switch existing colonists to food production temporarily to allow the new colonists to be added, then you can adjust the colony as you want.

Hmm does seem strange they wouldn't mention this in the manual (unless I missed it) or give you an error message in game - just refusing to let you assign the colonist with no feedback is a bit lax in this day and age.

Hmm does seem strange they wouldn't mention this in the manual (unless I missed it) or give you an error message in game - just refusing to let you assign the colonist with no feedback is a bit lax in this day and age.

Well, it does give you feedback when you try to press the join colony command button from outside the city view. The button is slightly greyed out and when you hover the mouse over it, it says something like: "Not enough food to support additional citizens." You are correct that it doesn't say anything when inside the colony though.

Well, it does give you feedback when you try to press the join colony command button from outside the city view. The button is slightly greyed out and when you hover the mouse over it, it says something like: "Not enough food to support additional citizens." You are correct that it doesn't say anything when inside the colony though.

Fair enough, never noticed that - I only assign soliders and dragoons outside colonies, I always do all other jobs inside the colony so I can see the exact effect each will have once they're in place.

If there is no surpluss of food, they refuse to join. Only way around this is put everyone on food.

Then add the extra colonists inside and re-assign their jobs.

Top Bottom