SevoMod 3

Awesome work Sevo!

Dunno if this has been reported but my Military Freighter is flying:

Another little bug:
If i select the first time the Nuklear Submarine in the Sevopedia (or if i build the first Nuklear Submarine without seeing in the sovopedia in the first place) the game freeze for a few seconds (loading something).

Silly GIR that's no Military Freighter, that's a German Zepplin! :D

(Hint: That was just a bad joke...! It really shouldn't be doing that ;))

I've made an earth scenario for SevoMod!

Check it out!!

The map contains 17 modern civs, the map is perhaps a wee bit too small but pretty playable..:p

Okelydokely!

Cyr said:
-- 2.3 and 2.9 : I confirm no support for locales other than English. Text is blanked when attempting to play in e.g. Spanish or French, even for main menu. Was working fine before.

It seems fair to assume bugs on 2.3 and 2.9 does not come from your updates but from 1.61 changes...

Ok, now I can confirmate that I have the same problem with patch 1.61+sevomod 2.9 playing the game in Spanish!! damn it!!
I hope this problem has an easy solution!

I've been working on a huge world map for sevomod, but haven't released it because I'm still getting CTDs and I want to at least run a test to the middle ages.
anyway, here is a save the turn before a crash. press turn over, black screen for a few seconds, then 'civ must close dialog'
hope it helps in getting this cleaned up, i can't wait to play through a full game.
View attachment test1.zip

aghast said:
What's odd is that all of the unique leaderheads (I checked the civilopedia)/ some of the units added by your file and patch revert back to the graphics glitches in the 1.00 release, while the rest of the game looks/acts normal...

Similarly an enemy slave unit (productivity half a worker) is not destroyed when captured (even when slavery is not the conqueror's civic) but instead becomes a full-fledged emancipated worker (perhaps the user promises a McCain-Kennedyesque path to citizeship?). I'm not sure if this is a bug or feature.

Your leaderhead problem certainly seems to be unique. I think it IS a problem with the t/l support on your end, and I know why it's come back (b/c I re-routed the non-shader leaderheads to the shader leaderheads since I only modded one set of files). Lemmie see if I can think of a way to fix this.

The enemy slave should probably not be captured as a full worker...hadn't thought of that problem occuring. Have to think of something there, too.

aghast said:
Medieval infantry is a hammer, shield and helmet, albeit an extremely motivated and pissed-off hammer, shield and helmet...

:lol:

Sculptor said:
Same happened to me too, but after restarting and loadind the last Autosave I played for hours without problems :crazyeye:

Problems like this make me think that this is an issue with the 1.61 patch and not my mod. There are still some of you who have terminal CTD's and cannot load from autosaves; this is probably a mod problem. But when the game craps the bed and then loads right back up, that's harder to call. I'm getting really good feedback on the crash issues so hopefully I'll be able to narrow this problem down soon.

Good Sauce said:
anyway, here is a save the turn before a crash. press turn over, black screen for a few seconds, then 'civ must close dialog'
hope it helps in getting this cleaned up, i can't wait to play through a full game.

Thanks Sauce! Lemmie see what I can work here.

Merum said:
I lost the tech popups with the 1.61 upgrade. I hadn't installed your mod yet. I uninstalled, re-installed, ran the 1.61 patch, and all was cool. Then I installed the mod.

On a side note, you know it's bad when the 5,925 year old warrior is the one trotting out of your stack to defend your capital... :mad: :blush:

Great. I suspect it is indeed a problem with the patch--which is starting to look buggy on multiple levels. It's good to know you got this working: I may have to start a troubleshooting section in the first post. And that is one oooold defender.

casey1966 said:
Sevo, I was wandering if the new combat system is implemented in this mod from the 1.61 patch? I noticed while attacking there is no ? by the strength.

Well, I'm assuming the combat system is determined in the .dll file, in which case it is working in the new mod.

Shqype said:
This leads to me to believe that it is set up through python to check in onUnitMove if the unit has moved into a plot controlled by the player... I suggest giving each new unit built the nationalistic promotion in onUnitBuilt if the leader is nationalistic.

I know you tried to spread out the trait combinations so that they wouldn't overlap, but if a spot is available, might I suggest making Teuta seafaring? During her and her husband's reign the Illyrian navy was the strongest in the Adriatic...

Thanks for the great feeback, Shqype. That's a great idea with regards to the nationalistic trait: it does need to be "on unit built" as well--hadn't thought about defenders who remain in the city. Consider it done. And I could make Teuta seafaring--I didn't know much about her.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=142520

Sevo, I don't know If you've looked at this thread(above), but a short while after the game came out I tinkered around with the leader traits for a bit, and added Seafaring and Agricultural. AFAIK, I was the first person to do this. but the other thing about that thread, is that in it people suggested some interesting ideas for other traits that could be added. take a look if you like, you may find soemthign of value.

Heya am new on the boards and i just downloaded Sevo mod
ITS GREAT, nice job to all those that work hard to all the diferent mods and stuff

i dont have the knowledge (atm) or time to get into making them
but i have a few suggestions.
I personally love all the extra civs you can choose
Am Belgian (and thats not a civ yet :'( )
and i speak Dutch (yeah like those of the Netherlands)
I want to lent my voice to make the game realistic, just like when you chose the japanese Civ they speak japanese (and its correct, i study japanese ^^ )
I was kinda dissapointed to hear Dutch civ speak english
Dunno if its possible but if i can help, just tell me which sentenses you need to get translated and in what format/max size you want them.
Also the Flag color of the Dutch is wrong ^^

(ps if somebody want to add the Belgians it would be great :D )

Good Sauce said:
I've been working on a huge world map for sevomod, but haven't released it because I'm still getting CTDs and I want to at least run a test to the middle ages.
View attachment 124090

Im also having crashes with sevomod in the beginning of a game. However I tested your save and i played to turn 40 and no crashes. Weird innit?

sweetpete said:
Im also having crashes with sevomod in the beginning of a game. However I tested your save and i played to turn 40 and no crashes. Weird innit?

I too reloaded the exact same save and played up to turn 150ish with no crashes so far.
then started another game(map is too big, will probally scale it down before release) and got to middle ages before a crash (on 850 turns, can't remeber what turn i was on, near 200)

I'm completely at a loss for what could be causing these crashes, i hope sevo can fix it.

I have the 2.9 with patch. I am playing on a standard world, and I find that I cannot rename cities. This is a little odd.
about 100 turns into a marathon game the game gets very sluggish. I am not sure if this has to do with XML or not. I deleted the sevomod folder and reinstalled before starting this new game.

really great ideas in this version.

AppName: civilization4.exe AppVer: 1.6.1.1841 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0008a4ee

thats the error I keep getting when loading up an auto save file. for some reason since Ive upgraded to 1.61 it takes longer to load Civ 4. Im at a loss whats causing the crash

Edit: Went to the auto save before the one that gives me a crash and now its running fine, boggles my mind. Hate that its being inconsistent when crashing

malkavian said:
Heya am new on the boards and i just downloaded Sevo mod
ITS GREAT, nice job to all those that work hard to all the diferent mods and stuff

i dont have the knowledge (atm) or time to get into making them
but i have a few suggestions.
I personally love all the extra civs you can choose
Am Belgian (and thats not a civ yet :'( )
and i speak Dutch (yeah like those of the Netherlands)
I want to lent my voice to make the game realistic, just like when you chose the japanese Civ they speak japanese (and its correct, i study japanese ^^ )
I was kinda dissapointed to hear Dutch civ speak english
Dunno if its possible but if i can help, just tell me which sentenses you need to get translated and in what format/max size you want them.
Also the Flag color of the Dutch is wrong ^^

(ps if somebody want to add the Belgians it would be great :D )

I can support these recommendations! :) But wanna add something to them. I'm dutch originally, and my fellow countrymen speaking english indeed sounds, at least strange up to some level, but, consider that modern children in NL speak maybe 50% english anyway(mostly the bad words though) it doesn't really matter. But having a flamish speaking dutch?? hmm, I'm limburgian, because of my accent I don't think it's appropriate I speak dutch, and the same counts for flamish, it's very accented. no offense Malkavian! we're all from the south, we're the catholics , both our dutch is too accented I think :) If you want true dutch, you'd ask someone from Nord-Braband or Utrecht, I personally think they speak the best dutch. You'd better ask my sister, my parents didn't teach her our dialect, she speaks dutch very smoothly without accent.

about the flag, I was already wondering who made the flag!! :)) you just have to turn the french flag around 90degrees to get the dutch flag, it's funny that people don't know such simple things. Actually, the RED/White/blue is one of the most common colour combinations in global FLags, RUssia, Balkan states, France, Netherlands, many States have the Red/White/blue, although in different order. So if you, Sevo, are ready with all the patches, you can change this maybe, just take the french flag, turn it 90degrees, and it's done. RED WHITE BLUE horizontal stripes!..but it's really not important..you can do it when you're ready with the city screen which i consider alot more important to fix then our stupid national flag :)

as a Side-comment. I'm personally one of those who favor to re-establish the old kingdom(without king though) it'S called the BENELUX today, I'd love to see a nation called "Zeven Gewesten" (BElgium, NEtherlands, LUXembourg) instead of only the netherlands or belgium. In history the Seven Gewests are very significantly, more then just the netherlands! like some think the flying dutchmen is dutch, well the ship is not!! it's a (regarding borders today)belgium ship from Antwerpen. That's just an example of misunderstanding of history..generally, I'd say the historical importance of either Belgium or the Netherlands are not so big, they are very young states..The history in which they where important goes back to the time when the countries were 1!! And I favor such a civilization in civ4 instead of seperated Netherlands/belgium/luxembourg...just because I believe the old country has more importance in histroy then the modern countries. I mean, Civ dates covers all areas of history, and modern netherlands/belgium are really unimportant for most historical times, except modern time.

JrEye said:
AppName: civilization4.exe AppVer: 1.6.1.1841 ModName: cvgamecoredll.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 0008a4ee

thats the error I keep getting when loading up an auto save file. for some reason since Ive upgraded to 1.61 it takes longer to load Civ 4. Im at a loss whats causing the crash

Edit: Went to the auto save before the one that gives me a crash and now its running fine, boggles my mind. Hate that its being inconsistent when crashing

I only got the CTD when playing the mod,the vanilla works fine,how about you? Anyways I have a feeling that Mods are going to be far & between in Civ 4.....No disrespect towards Sevo mind you,I don't believe there are many that know Python or how to use the SDK.

I would'nt mind but I don't have the time.:lol: Also I don't see many tutorials,hell though I may try soon to see what's up...curiousity killed the cat,I hate waiting for Mods. About all I can do is edit the XML,anyone feel like giving me a crash course....SEVO!

I have installed Patch 1.61 and the 2.0 Blue Marble Terrain with no problems. I downloaded this mod and put it in My Games/Sd Meyer''s Civ 4/Mods. When I got to play I don't find this mod anywhere. This is my first Mod for Civ 4. Help please because this sounds like it is a pretty good mod. :confused:

Top Bottom