[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

Hian the Frog said:
Kael and his friends,

I have just started a new game with the Amurites Civ and began my hunting of barbarian Orc Spearman with my two first newly created Warriors. After some hard victories, i decided to give them the promotion "Orc Slaying". When the next fight began, i looked at the total bonus and i was surprised to see that i only received the bonuses of "Combat I " and "Combat II" i already had. :confused:
Is it a bug ? or Barbarian Orc Spearman are not orc and only barbarian ?
What happen ?

The Frog.

The bonus works . It is just not listed seperatly. That will be solved in the naer future with an SDK Module form me (the code is not checked in as we want to debug the other code first).

Thx i'll try and download notepad ++ and see if i can recognize the error, the scenario is only intended for personal use, i think its more fun if the elves are in the forests and dwarfes in the mountains and so on and if the Elohim actually are defending a "pool of tears" :D

I was playing a game last night as the Doviello. I noticed that I could not build Libraries when I discovered Writing or Archery Ranges after I discovered Archery. I couldn't find where these were restriction placed on Barbarian races. Am I missing something? I hadn't yet discovered any of the religious techs, so I don't know if I would be able to build Elven Archers/Dwarven Soldiers etc. (This made my game very annoying as I had neither copper nor iron within my sphere of influence, and found it difficult to mount a very powerful offense. Grrrrr.)

hi there, don't know it it was found out, too many pages to read it all, but there's a bug i found.

When you have a great commander and you use the "recrut" command the game will crash after a turn or two. You do recruts the units, but then the unit command panels disapear.. you must use the keyboard to give orders.. but it doesn't help much.. the game crash really fast after that.

Lobsterboy said:
I was playing a game last night as the Doviello. I noticed that I could not build Libraries when I discovered Writing or Archery Ranges after I discovered Archery. I couldn't find where these were restriction placed on Barbarian races. Am I missing something? I hadn't yet discovered any of the religious techs, so I don't know if I would be able to build Elven Archers/Dwarven Soldiers etc. (This made my game very annoying as I had neither copper nor iron within my sphere of influence, and found it difficult to mount a very powerful offense. Grrrrr.)

The Doviello dont use as many buildings as anyone else. They dont need barracks to axemen, macemen or pikemen. They dont need libraries to make adepts. They cant make archers.

abman said:
I'm curious, has anyone tried to install FfH2 over default civ (not as a mod, just copied over vanilla's files)? I was wondering if it was possible to do this in order to cut down load times (about 2 minutes on my computer). And if that's possible, is it also possible to install civ twice -- once for vanilla and once for FhH2? I just thought I'd see if someone else had tried it before I try and likely mess up my install badly :D

just look in the "fall for heaven II" subdirectory in Mods, there is a link that start directly FFH2 without the need to start civ4 vanilla first.
Copy it on your desktop or in the start menu and you are done. (it is still slow but it is one step less

This has probably been answered earlier, so my apologies in advance -- is this or Fall From Heaven 1 playable via the PBEM system? I've got some people who would like to try it out in a PBEM game.

ERoy said:
This has probably been answered earlier, so my apologies in advance -- is this or Fall From Heaven 1 playable via the PBEM system? I've got some people who would like to try it out in a PBEM game.

I think so, but I havent tried it. Please let us know if it works or not.

I am playing the blaseraphs (monarch, random everything but size of world (standard) and epic length. I researched the required tech (hunting?) for loki, but I cannot build him.

Is there another preq i need to research?

Thanks for your help!

ERoy said:

I don't see why not. PBEM is not simultaneous so it's almost like single player. I played both FFH1 and 2 in LAN and they both work perfectly.

ogredpowell said:
I am playing the blaseraphs (monarch, random everything but size of world (standard) and epic length. I researched the required tech (hunting?) for loki, but I cannot build him.

Is there another preq i need to research?

Thanks for your help!

There is a problem with heroes in 0.11b. It will be fixed int he next version.

I started downloading 2 hours ago and its only at 66%!:mad: I still have an hour and a half left, I can't Wait! I really enjoyed Ffh1 and this one looks really good! Thanks:) :goodjob:

I'd like to play FfH together with some other (SDK-)mods (Unit Statistics for example :D). Do you consider including the SDK source code files so that anyone could merge FfH with other mods?

Teg_Navanis said:
I'd like to play FfH together with some other (SDK-)mods (Unit Statistics for example :D). Do you consider including the SDK source code files so that anyone could merge FfH with other mods?

Not with the playtest version. Maybe when we get to a stable version.

[tab]Its true that the design teams contributions to the mod aren't always as noticeable as the art or programming aspects. No one has ever made a screen saver out of a listing of good ideas. But design contributions are just as important, and when I have a design need and no ideas I turn to Loki.

[tab]So, I had a problem. The Bannor were polling badly, and deservedly so, they were boring. Its hard to create unique flavor for 21 civs and its a process that we are still working on. We had some design space carved out for them, more efficent, able to handle larger empires, etc. All boring stuff, nothing that would get anyone excited to play them (no drool factor).

[tab]Monday I sent a PM to Loki just saying that the Bannor were boring and needed to be fixed. A day later Loki sent back the following design:

Crusades:

[tab]A new bannor specific Religion Civic is added called Crusade. They can only choose to go on a Crusade if they are already at war and it has a 5 turn anarchy before it is enabled.

[tab]Being in "Crusade Mode" has the following effects:

[tab]1. You cannot initiate diplomacy with any civ you are at war with. They must either start diplomacy with you, you die, or they die. This applies to all civs you are at war with, even new ones that declare war with you during the crusade.
[tab]2. While in a crusade you can only build a limited number of buildings (basically only military buildings).
[tab]3. While in a crusade you can't build workers or settlers.
[tab]4. Being in a crusade increases your military productivity.
[tab]5. Being in a crusade dramatically reduces your war weariness.
[tab]6. Being in a crusade dramatically decreases your great person rate.
[tab]7. While in a crusade you can make the Demagog, a half price maceman that abandons you when the crusade ends.
[tab]8. While in a crusade you can make a Flagbearer, who gives the Morale promotion to all allied units within 1 tile.
[tab]9. While in a crusade created disciple units gain the evangelist promotion which forces their religion into any city they capture.

[tab]This has all been added and will be in the next patch. We will definitly be looking forward to feedback, but I think Loki has made the Bannor unique and fun to play!

5 turns may be tough. Question: what happens if the evangelist forces a religion in a city with already 3 religions ?

onedreamer said:
5 turns may be tough. Question: what happens if the evangelist forces a religion in a city with already 3 religions ?

They get a 4th. The 3 religion limit is only for natural religion spreading.

Hi Kael and his friends,

Ouch !!! Crusades will be fun...and bloody:goodjob: . As onedreamer, i think that 5 turns may be too long. But why not? It should be tested before any TRUE comment. :)
For my own, i would also add a kind of suicide unit. Low cost and efficiency with collateral damage and that would be destroyed whatever the results are. A religious fanatic from the people who "sacrifice" himself...This unit could only be created under crusade and would be destroyed if it end, as your Demagog.:crazyeye:
I hope your understand what i mean...(some difficulties with my english today);)

The Frog.

Top Bottom