[WARLORDS] Amra's Modpack v2

i have a big problem with something here
is it possible that there will be bazooka before the first tank ???????
same as anti aricraft missles
i fought bazzoka trops with my cavalry or musketman m antiaricraft units againt double winged airplanes ??

it should be fix , thanx

niall777 said:
can anybody suggest how to fix the error of crashing circa 600ad??

please?

Are you playing against Scottland? Kill them off, maybe that will help since someone aboce reported that they might be buggy. If it works, then plz tell us.

I played without Scotland and had a CTD around 700 AD (marathon speed). So I don't think it's them.

Mont - Thanks for the help. With that tip, I actually figured out how to fix 3 of the 4 issues I listed.

Amra - I've run into a problem when trying to use your mod with SmartMap in multiplayer. I suspect it's a SmartMap problem, so this is just an FYI, and a heads up to other people who use the mod. Problem detailed here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4492941&postcount=423

cheers
EW

Enkidu_Warrior said:
Mont - Thanks for the help. With that tip, I actually figured out how to fix 3 of the 4 issues I listed.

Amra - I've run into a problem when trying to use your mod with SmartMap in multiplayer. I suspect it's a SmartMap problem, so this is just an FYI, and a heads up to other people who use the mod. Problem detailed here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=4492941&postcount=423

cheers
EW

Smart Map is working fine in multiplayer over here with this Mod, However the difference may be I had stripped the interface a bit from the Mod so it could be more comaptable with my other cpus vid cards. I am not sure which version of smartmap I am using. it is a version I have downloaded several months ago. I also know in multiplayer I found I like the other player to have the same version of smartmap installed also or it would not load. Anywas thought Id offer my feedback

saint1979 said:
Are you playing against Scottland? Kill them off, maybe that will help since someone aboce reported that they might be buggy. If it works, then plz tell us.

no not playing against scotland, ive tried 3 other brand new games and have gotten the crash circa the same time.

pooh

Civmatrix said:
I also know in multiplayer I found I like the other player to have the same version of smartmap installed also or it would not load. Anywas thought Id offer my feedback

This was for hotseat multiplayer, so this should not be an issue in this instance.

Perhaps the changes you made helped you avoid the problem, or perhaps something was added in later versions of smartmap that introduced it. :dunno:

EW

saint1979

I played your savegame...same result..Then played it as a scenario
I tried to play the game with different civs. This is what I get so far:

Thai Civ: scenario didn't start ....direct crash
American Civ: scenario didn't start... direct carsh
Dutch Civ: scenario started without any problems but crashed next turn :(

i didn't have time to test it all.... but i think i'm done with this mod until amra finds a solution...

Enkidu_Warrior said:
This was for hotseat multiplayer, so this should not be an issue in this instance.

Perhaps the changes you made helped you avoid the problem, or perhaps something was added in later versions of smartmap that introduced it. :dunno:

EW

Here is the version of smart map that I have been using. I cant tell what version it is. And mabye the changes I made did make a difference but you can try this if you want to see if it works for your hotseat. It is also still located in my origianl civ 4 directory.

I also have played a couple of full games without any crashes or anything. I used a lot of the civ but not all of them

Attachments

• SmartMap.zip
    42.9 KB · Views: 160
niall777 said:
will that new smartmap fix the errors?

The smartmap above is a smart map I use mabye 4 months older or more. I have never had any troubles with it. But if there is troubles with the new one this may help.

The changes I made modwise may have helped the errors. All I did was strip the interface python stuff because I couldnt play it on all systems without doing so. I just replaced python entry points folder and screens with warlords original and deleted main menu from art\interface main menu. I didnt know what it was like with them. But I coauld play the game with resources, leaderheads (except in multiplayer human to human proposal screen)buildings, units, upgrades, techs, and other tweaks of the Mod. no But until Amra returns I dont know what functionality I have disabled. It seems like the primary force of the Mod is still in tact. As for the Chinook bug (I saw in a post) and whatever that he would have to fix. Primarily the Mod seems good enough for me right now with no ctds or errors. But Ill have to try some more games with more civs in multiplayer. Also I dont get movies in multiplayer so I woulndt know if popups are a casue or not. Hopefully this info may help anyone wanting to try a band aid approach until someone has the time to rectify this.
Anyways I am going for game 3 and hopefully I didnt jinx myself.

The 3D eyes are missing for the Scythian and Cherokee leaders, Atheas and Ostenaco, in my game. Instead, their eyes are painted onto their sockets, with their eyelids blinking in front of them. Anybody know what's up? Can this be fixed easily?

Wonder if I could get a little help here... Im not that computer savy, but I would love to try this mod. Problem is that although I have downloaded it twice (once from each site) I cant get it to install. It dosent download as a zip file as far as I can tell since when I try and open it all I get is a question about which program I want to use to open this file. Im sure the problem is operator error but if someone can give me a hand I would appreciate it. Sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this question. :confused:

bobsteve said:
Wonder if I could get a little help here... Im not that computer savy, but I would love to try this mod. Problem is that although I have downloaded it twice (once from each site) I cant get it to install. It dosent download as a zip file as far as I can tell since when I try and open it all I get is a question about which program I want to use to open this file. Im sure the problem is operator error but if someone can give me a hand I would appreciate it. Sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this question. :confused:

when it asks witch program to use tell it to use your zip program.

keldath said:
where is amra!!!?!?!?

I too haven't received any response from AMRA. I hope he is alright and truly enjoying the football season as he has previously alluded to.

@ Keldath:

Might you be able to confirm for me wether the following is true or not:

I discovered that the path for the MAUSOLEUM WONDER is missing ??? the button path is not missing but the building appears to be. A glance at the art folder reveals an apparent absence of the "Halicarnassus" folder. In my experience (limited) I have found that an absent/ incorrect artwork causes abrupt crashes once either the A1/human activates the order to commence building of a corrupt building.

If one looks at the Mausoleum Wonder inside the 'CIV4ArtDefines_Building XML file', they find the following:
...<NIF>Art/Structures/Buildings/Halicarnassus/Halicarnassus.nif</NIF>...

If one follows the path leading to its artwork, one finds there is no "Halicarnassus" folder and respective art folder here...I am thinking that in the absence of this, one will always experience crashes.

I apologize if this is not the case and if somehow AMRA was using another sophisticated means of connecting the xml file with the art file.

Personally, I cut and paste the artwork of the Indian Mausoleum into the respective "newly" created folder, and have now experienced no crashes, whcih before was a common fixture every time I played.

Bottom line is I have no more crashes- BUT I HAVE TO ADD that I have also systematically removed piece by piece many of the python programs in an effort to isolate the problem with the crashses.

Now, having discovered this XML related (possible) crash cause, I will be working forwards until all Python passes the crash test. This is no easy task for me since the python language is only something that I have started to look at in the past several days. To be honest with you all I am doing is using completed work of the real python masters' completed works, while hoping that "winmerge" helps make a possible merge possible.

Your comments are most welcome. Please reply or PM me.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Keep up your great work.:goodjob:

@amazing game

Ok who do I have to kill to get you on my mod team.

Am I the only one experiencing the problems with the Chinook? It's rather annoying because it would otherwise be a great unit. :(.

Also, I've found that with the overabundance of resources they are not very cruicial outside of the ones for units. Happiness is always very high too, due to the amount of resources. I find this to be unbalancing.

I am also able to reach the endgame techs by the latest 1500, which seems wrong to me as well. I am not sure why I am teching so fast with this mod, but I don't really like it.

Top Bottom