World War II in the Pacific

is there a BTS version to be expected? I really loved this scen on warlords and with the new additions it would be even better!

Yes! :lol: Read the posts above! :D

The question is, do we want to start on a Global WWII scenario first, or an updated WWII in the Pacific? I'll have to start a new thread for the former option (heehee). :)

oh sry :) just wante to push for a new BTS version. For me a updated ww2 pacific scen is first. Global ww2 scen is hard to balance, why not a better european theater that those aviable?

I've thought about doing that, too. Someone converted the old Civ II scenario for Civ 3, but we need an even better update for BtS. :D

However, the European one is harder to do for several reasons, so while I'm not opposed to it I'll probably do it last, if at all. I've always wanted a really good global one that doesn't use a world map where the Pacific is half the size of the Atlantic. :rolleyes: (Sounds silly, I know, but this happens quite often.) The only drawback is, of course, performance.

yes performance is always going to be a issue for global ww2 scen´s.

I never really likes the global ww2 scens for civ2 due to performance issues. But to bringing the glorydays back for the european theater ww2 scens from civ2* would be great!

*civ3 sucked in this aspect due to lack of events

Yes! :lol: Read the posts above! :D

The question is, do we want to start on a Global WWII scenario first, or an updated WWII in the Pacific? I'll have to start a new thread for the former option (heehee). :)

It'd really be nice to see an accurate and balanced WWII Global scenario for Civ 4, we have several scenarios be most are horribly inaccurate, unbalanced, or both.

If you go this route, I'd like to make a suggestion the most people don't think of: Use a flat map.
Place the Asian-Pacific theater on the left (omit any Russian cities in this area) and the Soviet front on the east (appropriate areas in between) and have it start in Dec 1941. This way, You can have accurate alliances, with having to worry about Japan and Russia fighting before 1945 (It really throws of the balance. You can also omit any areas the saw little fighting/threat, India, Most o)f Africa and Australia, South America too.

I thought about that a long time ago... but it honestly isn't necessary. Accurate alliances will no longer entail having Japan at war with Russia (nor will we have to worry about Japan declaring war on Russia on its own initiative) due to scripted events. You can preclude that possibility in code. :)

I would love a good global scenario for BTS. I remember playing 2194 Days of War back in the good old Civ2 days, with railroad movement being free - and my panzers taking the train from Berlin to Delhi in a single turn......

I really think some special AI advantages are needed, though - free units and suchlike. Once I know a scenario I usually don't have any trouble beating it on Deity and it would be nice to have a really challenging scenario experience.

I thought about that a long time ago... but it honestly isn't necessary. Accurate alliances will no longer entail having Japan at war with Russia (nor will we have to worry about Japan declaring war on Russia on its own initiative) due to scripted events. You can preclude that possibility in code. :)

Wait, really? You can have two nations allied (like, actually allied, not a mutual war) but have one of the allied nations at war with a third party, but the other allied nation not? Either way, wouldn't the potential exist for Germany to just airlift Panzers into Manchuria and open up a front that way?

Forgive me if these are dumb question, I'm not certain exactly how much can be affected with scripts.

The issue is not alliances per se as it is teams; Russia and the U.S. may be allied, but not on the same team. Subtle difference. If you declare war on a team, you declare war on everyone in that team; if you declare war on an alliance member, you do not automatically declare war on every member. Furthermore, it can be set so that declaring war is not allowed individually, but only happens in Python, just as in Dale's WWII scenario. Only the historical declarations of war (like Japan vs. America in December 1941) will pan out.

As for airlifting, what I will probably do is remove that altogether, since being able to airlift even a single infantry division is a bit unrealistic in this time period.

I think you should stick with pacific and work on this scenario. We dont need global right now. make it compatible with beyond the sword too.

Hey...uh I downloaded the mod and unzipped it and everything. Im able to load the mod in civ iv and everything but how do I actually play the scenario??

Hey...uh I downloaded the mod and unzipped it and everything. Im able to load the mod in civ iv and everything but how do I actually play the scenario??

You need Warlords. If you have it, just go to play scenario and choose the map.

errr...I am new to the Civ 4 scenario so allow me to ask a newbie question. I have look around the forum for 45 minute and still couldn't find instruction on how to install the scenario. What folder/s do I put each specific files/folder in.
In anyway could help...thanks a lot

errr...I am new to the Civ 4 scenario so allow me to ask a newbie question. I have look around the forum for 45 minute and still couldn't find instruction on how to install the scenario. What folder/s do I put each specific files/folder in.
In anyway could help...thanks a lot

You can't play without the Warlords expansion pack. If you have that, extract into your warlords/mods directory.

Any update on your BtS conversion, or whatever else you're working on now?

Well, one of the problems with the BtS conversion is that there's so much to choose from now; I am looking at the possibility of incorporating several mods into WWII Pacific, but I'd still like to try to stay fairly close to the original Conquest for this one. (By contrast the global scenario, if and when I can manage it, would be more innovative.) I've been out of the modding game for some time but am finally getting back into it.

Well, I had wanted it to be a surprise when I announced my new version, but since I've posted about it in various places already I suppose there is no reason not to annouce it here officially. :) I have been working on it for about a month now, and it will likely be released within the next few days as I finalize the basic framework and take care of a few odds and ends.

The new BtS scenario has been dramatically updated, with new events, better scripting, an expanded map that includes India, new units, and a few surprises!

Screenshot teasers:

The Attack on Pearl Harbor, Battle of Midway, and the Invasion of Burma

Top Bottom