[DOTO] Dawn Of The OverLords

concerning the ivory issue i have made a screenshot now of the strange situation: [URL=http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=civ4screenshot0001vj0.jpg][/URL]

i have ivory hooked up and dont trade it away! but i dont get the ivory bonus ...
also note the 10 civs on duel map :D :D :D

edit: very odd thiings happening: after researching some more techs i have access to ivory - maybe it was horseback riding or something else ...

hey all,

im starting to work on version 1.4,

and love to hear ideas, balance and more to implement,

also im not so sure ill keep the corporations units, telll me what you think.

also, id love to get from one of you guys a savegame from latestages - maybe ill get some balance ideas from it.

thanks

Hey Keldath..

I merged Solver's latest version (August 29) into the normal overlord DLL (i.e. without 3TilesCitiesRadius). If you haven't done so already then the following file can be useful. I included the source code.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/115758/Overlord_DLL_Patch.rar

To apply this just extract it into .../Beyond the Sword/mods/overlord and allow it to overwrite the existing files.

progress for v 1.4 so far:

added soundtracks of my own

added a tech for the corporations uu, also new system for the way they work.

fixed reported bugs/changes - like horsehockyo shrine, some not wrking units,
much speed balance

added a unit class.

i need more ideas and reports....im kinda stuck on what to work on next,

i thought of making a factory for the key resorces in lateand middle stages of the game, as a very uniqe not easy to build building, that can provide a speciphic resource - example:
a building that named - a sulpher mine - provides sulpher to the city.

like this a civ that gets stuck with no resources can get it eventualy,
making it a national wonder - ony buidble after an "x" reqiurment was achived.

what do you people thing of this idea?

and does anyone has ideas for some uniqe special bility units?

Keldath,

I love your mod ideas. This sounds like the ideal mod for me, except for one thing. I hate to sound like a grammar nazi or spelling freak. Here and there it is not a big deal. However, all your official stuff about this mod is rife with spelling mistakes.

I wonder then how much of the mod components are rife with the mistakes and shortcuts of d00dspeek? investing hours into a mod design is much appreciated, but speaking honestly; unless I saw some how that you took the time to have a clear first post with no spelling mistakes, I'd think the same of your modifications.

I picture the "Jesus Mod";

Diplomacy might work like this:

"Jesus wants to parley, lol?"
"Will see your head on a polez, lol"
"Welcome Jesus, I am macgyver, rofl."

Kaenash

hi,

well i understand and welcome your critisizm,
but, what can i say? engligh is not my mother language, and u get some spelling errors, mostley in my posts.

though, most of my mod consits out of other mods,
there arnt that many errors in this mod, maybe in 1-2 techs i made by my self and some unit i added, thats all.

but, still , if you prefer not to play this mod only because of some spelling errors....well.........your lose entirley.

i work on the mod by myself only (i get a little help here and there from the guys here) so i cant do everything with the time i have,
i put my concentration on the important stuff - the actuall gamrplay.
if i see an error i fix it,

anyway, hope you try my mod ,
if not, no hard feelings :)
but if people wont comment those errors, i wont see it......

Hey Keldath

I like the idea of having a building that can allow access to some rare resource like Sulpher. You may make it buildable only by a great scientist. Another approach is to make a corporation provide the resource so one needs to establish the corporation and spread it to cities where he would like to use the resource in. This way limits access to the resource to only some cities.

interesting,

perhaps i can add a great person:
archiologist - and he can found severa; resource mine.....

every great person that exits - has a picure in the city screen +-
i dont know how to add one to this....
but, i might overcome this problem.
good idea kali.

i need more ideas to do anyway.

Keldath, having a great time with your mod, very good work. This is just a personal preference thing, but I was wondering if you might consider adding GeoModder's Ethnic Artstyles component to your mod. It's your mod and it's cool if it's not something you'd like in there, but I've got used to it in some other mods, and it adds a nice visual flair to a mod. Thanks for your time. :D

brun 58,
first, thanks for playing :)

second,
do you mean the mod that adds city styles?
i would be happy to add , if you can supply me with a link for the mod ill get on it.
a;so brun, id like you to tell me,
in your game - how rich are you? i mean is your cash level is high?
and your happyness and health levels? how are they?
if you can answer me how the levels are in late stages of the game id really appriciate it - cause i need to balance more.

thanks.

**updtae**
ive taken kalimakhus advice,
and i added a great person - geologist,
he can build mines: a building that provides key resource incase you cant achive it on the land.
this ment to prevent a situation that you dont have a very important resource that you need -like sulphur...
for now only 10 world mines can be built of each resource type, and 1 per civilization, so its not that easy to get.

also, i made the special uus of corporation units to be much more valuble and not eay to build.

:)

im looking for more cool ideas , anyone ?....

was finishing the game i started days ago ( the one with the ivory screenshot), and i have to say that after achieving space victory, i think that the modern / post-modern time is way too complicated (tons of units, obscure company units, imbalanced improvements?) needs a whole lot of tweaking, maybe more harsh requirements for some units or buildings, or get rid of units that do fairly the same thing but confuse the player. also i notice that riot police has 100% chance of intercepting aircraft, that seems unrealistic to me. will keep playing, maybe spellcheck the units if i find the time, there are some errors still there...

thanks imperator for the tips.

i know about the riot police, i fixed that already in the next 1.4.

as for the modern era,
well, my goal is to create diversity, an army that consits of varius units,
that is strong gaint that ect ect...

though, i have indeed thought of making it harder to buid units,
adding speciphic building requirments, higher support costs for some units.

i even thought of maybe limit the amount of units :
like you can build up to say 20 type99 and 20 type of modern armor,
and so on.

im also thinking of adding aroung 7-10 tech between ww2 era to modern era, so ill be able to spread th units on a larger perion of time.

also yu mentioned imbalance improvment - what did you mean by that? to the added tundra and desert new improvments?

about v 1.4 so far:

i took all the corporation special units, and put them under one tech tree, also, you can build up to 5 agent of each corp afer building the hstile takeover facility.

added the geologist as a great person that can build mines that provide a key resorce so far - uranium aluminium, iron, supher and coal. gonna do one more for oil.
only 1 mine ca be built per civand up to 10 mines f the same type in the world.

id like to get more ideas for blancing people, plz help me with feedback.

btw - the 100% intercep is due to that i copy pasted the sam infantry and changed it to riot police - so forgot to change this value.

anyway,
i hope v 1.4 wil be much more fun and blanced :)

Hey Kel sorry for the long wait! :p
I am thinking in trying your mod next days!
Any stable version yet?

Top Bottom