[BtS] Amra's Modpack v3 for Beyond the Sword

I am new to mods and have played FfHII, it is great fun! However I cannot get Amra's mod to work. I followed the same proceedures for Amra's as I did with FfHII. When the initial loading happens, after init Fonts appears, the load stops and I am brought right back to BTS. Not sure what I did wrong. And not sure if this is the right place to post it. I ahe the direct2drive version of BTS, could this be the problem? Thanx!

Welcome, Nicademus!:D (Had similar trouble with FfH actually, which I can't seem to DL anymore. Kind of a pity as it's about the only fantasy mod I really liked. Posted a Q about, but it seems to have gotten lost in the multitude of FfH posts...) Anyway, don't know if this is the proper place to announce, but I just had to make it known that 1000 BC for Amra and Amra 18 civs BTS each have reached 100+ downloads!:)

I am new to mods and have played FfHII, it is great fun! However I cannot get Amra's mod to work. I followed the same proceedures for Amra's as I did with FfHII. When the initial loading happens, after init Fonts appears, the load stops and I am brought right back to BTS. Not sure what I did wrong. And not sure if this is the right place to post it. I ahe the direct2drive version of BTS, could this be the problem? Thanx!
I will look into that. Right now, I'm not sure what that could be. Sorry for the problem & thanks in advance for your patience.

Thanx Amra! No hurry as I am currently swamped with work :(. Let me know if you find anything out.

Hi Amra,

congrats for your super mod, it is absolutely fabulous.

Is there any reason why the scenarios DL are not accessible anymore ?

when trying to download'em, I either get a blank page whith "Error : file not found" or the usual page when URL doesn't exist.

Thanks.

...When the initial loading happens, after init Fonts appears, the load stops and I am brought right back to BTS...

Are you sure it doesn't load? When I first loaded Amra's mod I was expecting his usual background (something like a castle) for the opening menu, but I got the standard looking BTS screen. After loading the mod, look to the top right of your screen and tell us if you see "Amra v3 Basic" in white lettering. If you do see it, the mod is loaded...

when trying to download'em, I either get a blank page whith "Error : file not found" or the usual page when URL doesn't exist.

I'm not sure which "scenarios" you're talking about: I just checked the Add-on/Scenarios links and they work fine.:confused:

@Dabeuz
Not sure what happened with your download attempts, maybe a CivFanatics hiccup. There have been a few of those recently.

Please retry the links in this post:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6612308&postcount=4

[EDIT] Just checked the links & as Fierabras says below, they are not currently working. I'll check into it. Sorry for the confusion. :crazyeye:

@Fierabras
The initial version of my modpack didn't have a new opening screen but I am including a simple one (nonshader/no animation) in version 3.01

I finished the patch on my work lunch break earlier but just need to test some things that I added later at home (not there now).

Jeelen,

the Add-on/Scenarios links work fine, but the download links don't
Confirmed. Sorry for the confusion, I'm sure JEELEN will check into it & fix them.

Yes. I'm sorry. Will look into it.

News: Attila sorry for misunderstanding

EDIT: Did a little checkup - only both Amra files seem unavailable - will re-upload ASAP. Again: sorry for this problem.

:hmm: Not that I'm aware of... (At first I thought it might be related to some thread renaming that just occurred, but no other files seem affected, so...):dunno:

Unfortunately I can't do anything until tomorrow morning...:(

(But thx for asking!)

PS: I'll try and see if I can add a little something as a "I'm sorry" bonus...:mischief:

Situation corrected: files re-uploaded.

EDIT: Screenshots appeared missing as well. Fixed now.

Are you sure it doesn't load? When I first loaded Amra's mod I was expecting his usual background (something like a castle) for the opening menu, but I got the standard looking BTS screen. After loading the mod, look to the top right of your screen and tell us if you see "Amra v3 Basic" in white lettering. If you do see it, the mod is loaded...

I got the Amra mod message in the upper right hand corner, but all the civs on the custom game choice are the same as BtS. I have only been able to load 2 mods, FfHII and WoC.Both work great! I have tried Amra's, Sevo, DragoniaII, none of which have worked. Not sure why?!!!!!?? I know the mod has loaded, but why is it that the new civs aren't showing up? Do I need to change some coding, or is it much simpler( I hOpe it is!)? I have almost no knowldge of coding( really basic (x)html). But any help would be great. Thanx!

I got the Amra mod message in the upper right hand corner, but all the civs on the custom game choice are the same as BtS. I have only been able to load 2 mods, FfHII and WoC.Both work great! I have tried Amra's, Sevo, DragoniaII, none of which have worked. Not sure why?!!!!!?? I know the mod has loaded, but why is it that the new civs aren't showing up? Do I need to change some coding, or is it much simpler( I hOpe it is!)? I have almost no knowldge of coding( really basic (x)html). But any help would be great. Thanx!

It sounds like you may just have a duplicate folder in the mod install. Someone else had the same problem & I helped him in the following link:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6615388&postcount=30

Hope it helps, if not let me know & I'll try to help with more detail.

I will look into a self installer for future releases. I've never done that, though & need to read up on it first. :crazyeye:

Patch 3.01 has been posted.

Here is the link and the details are below. I am currently uploading a repackaged complete version 3.01 Basic (including the patch) to FileFront as I write this and will change the link for the main download when it is done.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=8902

Be aware that this patch most likely is NOT savegame compatible so you may want to finish any good game you have going before applying the patch. :D

Spoiler Patch 301 Details & Installation Info :

Installation of Patch
You should install the patch just as you did the original modpack by extracting this file to your Beyond the Sword "Mods" folder .

For example, C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\MODS. It should ask you to overwrite some previously installed files in my modpack, say yes.

IF the patch is installed correctly or if you already have version 3.01 installed, you will see the Main Menu screen below when you start my modpack.

Also, as of version 3.01 there are two new entries in the Civilopedia under Game Concepts titled "Amra" & "Amra Version History" that will always tell you the current version of my modpack.

List of changes
- Fixed audio problem involving Audio3DScripts.xml
- Fixed error with ARTSTYLE_MESO_AMERICA in CIV4CityLSystem.xml
- Fixed error with ARTSTYLE_WEST_EUROPEAN in CIV4PlotLSystem.xml
- Changed Canada's city ArtStyle to European (thanks Fierabras for catching the error)
- Changed Pirates city ArtStyle to European
- Added more units to Siam Unit ArtStyle
- Added Modern Asia City ArtStyle by GarretSidzaka
- Added Modern Europe City ArtStyle
- Added Fantasy city set by Hrochland
- Updated BUG Mod to v2.21
- Added Greek Axeman (for when playing as Troy)
- Added more Hyboria ArtStyle units by StrategyOnly and FFH2 Team
- Removed duplicate cities from Scythian list (thanks JEELEN)
- Fixed Peltast name
- Fixed error with Magyar Heavy Horseman unit art
- Fixed error with Canada Chariot unit art
- Fixed Aesir Flag
- Fixed Hyboria Flag
- Fixed Assyria Flag
- Fixed icon for German Maceman/Heavy Footman
- Fixed icon for Armenia Fedayee
- Added Amra version info to Civilopedia Game Concepts
- Added new Main Menu screen
- Fixed icon for Hyborian Maceman/Heavy Footman
- Changed Aesir Unit ArtStyle to Viking (Doh!)
- Tweaked various Derivative civs in CivilizationInfos.xml
- Changed Cuirassier strategy text to reflect VD name change
- Fixed Franz Joseph Icon
- Added Taharqa as 2nd Nubian Leader (LH art by Mourndraken/XML by CIV Gold Team)
- Added 4 Babylonian modern units by Zerver
- Added 4 Cartahge modern units by Zerver
- Added 4 Magyar modern units by Zerver
- Added 4 Roman modern units by Zerver
- Added 3 Israel modern units by Zerver
- Added Celtic Maceman by Bakuel
- Added 12 Ethiopian units by Bakuel
- Added African Unit ArtStyle (based on previous Ethiopian one by Avain)
- Added 6 Mali units by Bakuel
- Added Israel Unit Artstyle

Now, If I haven't broken anything with the patch, I'm going to move on to the Full version of my modpack next. :D

[EDIT] For those whoe have not downloaded my modpack yet, the main download has now been moved to FileFront and already includes Patch 301. As usual, the link for the main download can be found in post#1.

:D Added Taharqa !!

Good show, Amra!:goodjob: (DLing...) And a :thumbsup: to mourndraken (Taharqa now shows up in 1000 BC for Amra too)!

Top Bottom