Bug Reports

What about the bugged events (the ones with two-part probabilities like the "Herbalist" and "Ruins" events), have those been fixed yet? I miss my extra health.
Nope they are just removed. All in all 6 events out of 300 are removed in the next version due to interdependency issues not working correctly for them. It's not the best fix, but it works, and really you wol't miss them.

Not whipping -- 'crack down' is one of the event options. It has a high chance of ending the revolt, at the cost of losing 1 pop, IIRC.

Got ya; I've forgotten that the "Crack Down" option cost population. I've been playing Slavery-free for several months now; trying out new things, and it seems to be working well.

Nope they are just removed. All in all 6 events out of 300 are removed in the next version due to interdependency issues not working correctly for them. It's not the best fix, but it works, and really you wol't miss them.

Too bad; there are some good events in there, but if it's bugged, it's gotta go.

Dont think that is a bug, but it definitely shouldnt act like that. Well actually I dont know what that is. It uses a modified cannon kf/animation file. So it should do exactly what a cannon does. On top of that, the unit kf's dont actually move the units, something in the game core does. For instance, when a spearman moves or runs in to attack, it doesnt actually move, but just runs in place. The game moves it by some other means. And nobody in the forums seemed to know what controls that, the last time I asked about it.

Maybe it could be a bug. But I dont think its hurting anything. And it most likely would never get fixed, since noone seemed to know where to even look for that type of mechanism.

Very strange. I should almost certainly believe that some of the soft-coded aspects of a unit would determine whether it moves into the target tile during attack or not. Discovered now that the 54th Massachusetts, another Legend Unit, which looks like a Rifleman, albeit reskinned (no pun intended), also moves into the target tile when it attacks.

Very strange. I should almost certainly believe that some of the soft-coded aspects of a unit would determine whether it moves into the target tile during attack or not. Discovered now that the 54th Massachusetts, another Legend Unit, which looks like a Rifleman, albeit reskinned (no pun intended), also moves into the target tile when it attacks.

Hold the presses. I just figured out why they are doing that. In the art defines entry they have <bActAsRanged> set to 0 when it should be 1. So it will be fixed in next release. Its always the simple stuff that gets overlooked.

EDIT: In fact the yeomanry, SAS, 101st were not set to act as ranged.

Please DON'T FIX, please? I always really enjoyed that "off" behaviour of the 54th... with their mobility promotion, and their overall gung-ho / can do style, it just seems so right that they run right up to the enemy before blowing their faces off.

"Don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes, men!"

Please DON'T FIX, please? I always really enjoyed that "off" behaviour of the 54th... with their mobility promotion, and their overall gung-ho / can do style, it just seems so right that they run right up to the enemy before blowing their faces off.

"Don't fire till you see the whites of their eyes, men!"

:lol:

That's funny.

That is an intersting view on it. Ill consider not changing it, meatbomb. But in the end I think I should. If you really like the way they fight you can easily change it back yourself. All you need to do is open the ArtDefines_Units. Then Ctrl+F for 54th. Then look for the line in the 54th's entry that says: <ActsAsRanged>1<ActsAsRanged>. Then change the 1 to a zero and they will go back to blasting people in the face.

:lol: Funny, indeed.

Though, the only right thing to do, logically, graphically, and historically, would be to make the 54th a range-firing unit. They were, in essence, just another regiment of riflemen, albeit a well-known (legendary) one.

In the CIV4ArtDefines_Unit file I found an error, btw:

Spoiler :
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_CUIRASSIER_IROQUOIS</Type>
<Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Iroquois_curaissier.dds</Button>
<fScale>0.42</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Art/Units/Iroquois/Cuirassier/Iroquois_Cuirassier.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/Cuirassier/Cuirassier.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/Iroquois/Cuirassier/Iroquois_Cuirassier.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/HorseShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>HorseBip Spine1</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.31</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIQUE_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

It's here: <Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Iroquois_curaissier.dds</Button>

Cuirassier is spelled "curaissier".

It's here: <Button>Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/Iroquois_curaissier.dds</Button>

Cuirassier is spelled "curaissier".

Thanks for pointing that out. But fortunately when I do the art defines now I copy the actual name of the dds or nif. So even though they are misspelled they are spelled the same, so no crash. Will correct it any ways.

I'm trying to fix the greed quest, and think I have it fixed (currently you can be awarded with Legend Units when you pass the quest, I'd like to remove that, so that you can only get regular units). I can't test my fix though, because I have no examples. Does anyone have a game where the greed quest has been triggered, but not achieved or expired (still in the middle of the quest)? If so please upload a save so I can see if this fix works.

Couldn't you create a mini-mod to test it: set the chance of an event each turn at 1, make this the only active event, make sure that the conditions are met and click next turn to trigger the quest.

Guide to event modding.
Random events list.

The guide talks about a lot of things amongst which the odds of events. The Random events list mentions the requirements for an event and also talks about the odds per turn of an event occurring.

Of course, it's a lot easier if someone has a game where the event is about to occur, but this makes it at least possible to test it.

Good call, OK, that event (as well as another one that would have done the same thing), have been fixed so that Legend Units will not spawn from events or quests.

This reminded me that I got an impossible greed mission for silver, but there was none of it in the entire world. The only way I would've gotten it was to make tons of mines and wait whether one of those would result in finding silver by random.

Also, in my last reload of a game I got huge numbers in some places. In Victory conditions screen it gave me numbers like 8053548 as number of spaceship parts that I would need to create, each number was different but all were huge. Later on I also got a diplomatic screen telling me I had some 10905348 votes. And no, I didn't win the diplomatic victory vote. It seems these numbers were only incorrect on display. (Note: all the numbers here are just "to give the feeling", weren't exactly those).

All of these were on 0.9.5 light.

Think this is the right place. Not a major error however just had the: "Scouts exploring ruins near....." event and it gives me two options. Send commendations and fund further exploration however both give +87 :science:. Fund further exploration merely charges me 29 :gold: for the privledge.

Cyrano

Think this is the right place. Not a major error however just had the: "Scouts exploring ruins near....." event and it gives me two options. Send commendations and fund further exploration however both give +87 :science:. Fund further exploration merely charges me 29 :gold: for the privledge.

Cyrano

That's right. I've experienced the same event several times in LoR. In vanilla BTS the second option gives you a 50 % chance of getting the double amount of science, for a price.

Everytime I try and play WWW, it always tells me I'm defeated. So when I tried the British, all that's avalible is Hawaii, and a few other small islands. Trying to contact any leaders (there are only 4, all of which have 10,000 points) causes the game to crash.

Hi, first of all I want to say that I love this mod. But I haven't been playing it for at while cause I have an annoying problem. Whenever I encounter Hitler or Ho Chi Min in game (diploscreen) or at gamestart(choosing civ/leader) it always ctd. This happens very likely do to my poor computer. So my question is, how do I disable these leaders so I dont have this problem? I know its not perfect but I prefere to miss a few leaders than to not really be able to this mod. You can play for a while but are always fearful of these leaders ruin my game... ;)

Thanks

Sounds like you might not have the art for them. Do their icons show up as a pink square?

Top Bottom