[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Hi,

This is the first mod I used and it's exactly what I wanted. Thanks a bunch!

However I have a slight problem. On a Huge map I always have the Inca ending up somewhere around Guatemala instead of Peru, because the CS Tinkal is in the way. I tried this with various amounts of civs, CSes and CS separation and I keep having that problem.

Here are some screens:

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    454.7 KB · Views: 273
  • Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 330
yeah, thanx for the report, I swapped the start position by mistake, it will be corrected in next version of the map (soon).

v0.7 is out, get it here !

change log :

v0.7 (Jan 31, 2011):
- added a third independant City State mod "extended" with 45 CS with TSL. Due to game engine limitation, only 41 can be loaded, and on those, some may be erased at start because of overlapping start location.
- tweaked the default CS mod (remove some overlapping CS transfered to the "extended" mod)
- added Lisbon (Portugal) City-State in default and extended CS mods
- fix Inca/Maya starting position on huge map
- Ynaemp city State Leaders mod is now independant
- Compatibility check (only one city state mod allowed) added to the custom setup screen
- lots of small tweaks to prepare the (future) inclusion of Dynamic History mod
- added some more debug output to track the wrong map loading bug
- added Potoso position on the Giant Map (if the DLC is available)

That was fast! Glad I could help somehow.

Edit: I installed the new version and there doesn't seem to be any difference with the unmodded civ :confused:

Hey Gedemon, a quick question. How easy/hard would it be to use the same method of making TSLs without using scenarios?

Is it just the XML files, or is there more to it?

That was fast! Glad I could help somehow.

Edit: I installed the new version and there doesn't seem to be any difference with the unmodded civ :confused:
please, what do you mean by "unmoded civ" ? the map is not loading, there are no TSL, or the inca still start at a wrong location on huge map ?

Hey Gedemon, a quick question. How easy/hard would it be to use the same method of making TSLs without using scenarios?

Is it just the XML files, or is there more to it?
There's more to it, the XML is just an easy way to allow modification without re-programming the lua files.

More specifically, the civ placement is made by the functions PopulateWorld () and GetStartingPositionCiv(civID) in YnaemLoading.lua, called from MapGenerator.lua during map loading...

Adding a new map to the mod can be done, and I'll do it at some point, but it's not as simple as fixing new TSL for the existing maps in XML, it'll need also a few array editing in YnaemDefines.lua which I sadly had'nt well documented at this time.

I meant it is just like there is no mod at all. If I set up a game, I have no TSL or anything.

no custom menu then ? mod still activated ?

if you still have the old version in your mod folder, can you try to delete or move it elsewhere then try again ?

I had deleted the previous version, but I forgot to activate the new one :mischief:

But now there seems to be a problem with the CSes. I could only go to 11 (no pun intended), but on the map there were far more and not on their true location. See the screens included.

PS sorry for the hassle and poor nomenclature. I'm completely new, not only to the forums, but also to Civilization. :crazyeye:

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    Civ5Screen0003.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 262
I had deleted the previous version, but I forgot to activate the new one :mischief:

But now there seems to be a problem with the CSes. I could only go to 11 (no pun intended), but on the map there were far more and not on their true location. See the screens included.

PS sorry for the hassle and poor nomenclature. I'm completely new, not only to the forums, but also to Civilization. :crazyeye:

oups, I forgot to post the updated version of Madeira's City State :blush:

Please try to delete the previous one and install this one, if I remember correctly, this is one very strange bug occuring even when the mod is not activated but simply present in the mod folder...

btw, I forgot this line in the mod change for v0.7 :

- Madrid and Cuzco automatically removed from database when using newworld DLC

This will allow the use of the CS mod on other maps without having both Madrid City State and Spain civ in game...

Hi Gedemon, installed your mod today and installed it as you say, however every time I start a game, I automatically loose as soon as the game starts...you have any idea how to get around that problem?

Edit: Tried both huge & giant maps...

Hi Gedemon, installed your mod today and installed it as you say, however every time I start a game, I automatically loose as soon as the game starts...you have any idea how to get around that problem?

Edit: Tried both huge & giant maps...

no, I don't know what's causing this bug, but if you could post your Lua.log after trying to launch the game, it would help to track it. (see troubleshooting section of first post)

ok, here is the log
thank you !

seems that the mod as installed itself directly into the mod folder, for example for the map script, instead of

"..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Earth_Huge_blank.Civ5Map"

you should have

"..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 7)\Earth_Huge_blank.Civ5Map"

did you use the in game mod browser to install the mod, or did you unpack it with 7zip directly ?

can you try to create a folder named "Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 7)" in your "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\" folder then move (not just copy, move or delete then extract again) the ynaemp files in it and report if it works now please ?

Ok, so tried move it to the folder, didn't work...then reinstalled the mod, this time it got directly in the map but I still get defeated as soon as the game starts, maybe help to tell you that all area of land you usually see when the game start is just gray to me? resending the log file if there are anything else you can find...and thanks for taking the time! :)

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 87
can you do a search in your "..\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\" folder to check if you have more than one file called YnaemInGame.lua please, because the beginning of the log say that you're using v7 of the mod, but the final lines are a message from the previous v6 version of YnaemInGame.lua...

if you had previous version of the ynaemp (or older version of my maps) mod installed, try to delete them all, not just unselect them, and delete also the cache folder (see first post again) before retrying.

Ok, so I searched around and i couldn't find another YnaemInGame.lua, although I start to think that maybe it don't load the map for some reason and thats why I can't see anything but a white fog before loosing...had only the Earth_(size)_blank.civ5map in there so tried dl the old version giant map and noticed it had a lot more .civ5map files in there. Just moved all of them to the new v7 map but still no luck...

The actual map packs works in a totally different way, it just need one blank map then it initialize it, and the old maps are not needed.

I'm out of option for you, just one more thing : try my actual development version to see if the lua output change please

Attachments

• Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 8).civ5mod
    3.4 MB · Views: 230
Hi,
Great maps mate,just one bug i found-If i choose india as my civ and leave the rest of civ at random sometimes i get wrong startup location but when i manualy select all civs i get correct lcoations.
thanks

Ok anyway, thank you for trying to out!

Unfortunately I had no luck with your new version either, attaching the lua log.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    5.6 KB · Views: 77
Top Bottom