[TSL] Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack

Sounds cool!

Having a very busy day at work today, tomorrow will probably be the same, so I cant work on that CS list in the next few days, may try to finish the list with the far-east CSs tomorrow and thats about it.

Why is that there are no resources when I play the game?

I try checking and unchecking the resource options.

Am I missing something??

did you edit one of the files ? an error in the XML may lead to no resources in game, but else you should have resources ingame, whatever the option selected...

if you load the maps outside the mod (shouldn't be possible, unless you copy them in the map folder manually), they will load without resources, as it's the mod which place all the resources, the maps alone are totally blank.

can you add some more details ? a savegame maybe ?

Well I uninstalled and reinstalled looks like it's working fine now.

Thanks for the mod!

Ok here's the rest of the list of ancient city states:

Far-east:

Lhasa (Tibetan)
Seoul (Silla) alternate: Hanju
Pyongyang (Goguryeo)
Singapore (Javanese) alternate: Temasek
Xi'an (Quin) alternate: Chang'an
Nanjing (Wu) alternate: Jianye
Tagaung (Burmese)

If anyone wants to start editing the XML files go right ahead ;) I probably wont have time for it before next week.
So thats version 1, for version 2 I may add a few more CSs that will probably only be used if ancient civs are not used, example: Athens and Alexandria

I've begun editing the MinorCivAdded.xml file in this mod, to add the CSs I came up with, but I need some help if im to do this at work, I wont have time for everything at home.

There are 3 fields I require a list of all the options, they are:

ArtStyleType (I know ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN/SOUTH_AMERICA/ASIAN/MIDDLE_EAST)

ArtStyleSuffix (I know _AFRI/_ASIA/_AMER/_MED)

ArtStylePrefix (I know AFRICAN/ASIAN/AMERICAN/MEDITERRANEAN)

what else is there for these 3 fields? What will they affect?

Some help during the afternoon GMT time would mean I would probably finish with this file today ;) Then I could work on adding the TSL on the weekend at home.

Also will need to change the CSs colors, and dont know what colors are available, but for now I can give them all the same I suppose.

I've begun editing the MinorCivAdded.xml file in this mod, to add the CSs I came up with, but I need some help if im to do this at work, I wont have time for everything at home.

There are 3 fields I require a list of all the options, they are:

ArtStyleType (I know ARTSTYLE_GRECO_ROMAN/SOUTH_AMERICA/ASIAN/MIDDLE_EAST)

ArtStyleSuffix (I know _AFRI/_ASIA/_AMER/_MED)

ArtStylePrefix (I know AFRICAN/ASIAN/AMERICAN/MEDITERRANEAN)

what else is there for these 3 fields? What will they affect?

Some help during the afternoon GMT time would mean I would probably finish with this file today ;) Then I could work on adding the TSL on the weekend at home.

Also will need to change the CSs colors, and dont know what colors are available, but for now I can give them all the same I suppose.

Sorry, hadn't time to reply sooner...

afaik :
- the ArtStyleType refer to... erf... don't know in fact, I thought it was city, but see prefix...
- the suffix to units art (ART_DEF_UNIT__SETTLER_ASIA, ART_DEF_UNIT__SETTLER_AMER, etc...) and maybe some features / building (Colesseum_Amer.fxsxml, Colesseum_Afri.fxsxml, ...)
- the prefix refer to city art : see civ5artdefines_citybuildings.xml

the color list is in the CIV5PlayerColors.xml, better use the one starting with "PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR", this way all CS have a black background on the map, and for geographic close CS it's also better to use different colors (for when CS are at war via alliances...)

edit for color list :

Spoiler :
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_WHITE
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_GRAY
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_BLUE
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_MIDDLE_BLUE
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_CYAN
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_MIDDLE_CYAN
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_PEACH
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_GREEN
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_LIGHT_GREEN
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_LIGHT_BLUE
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_PURPLE
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_MIDDLE_PURPLE
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_LIGHT_PURPLE
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_LIGHT_ORANGE
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_YELLOW
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_LIGHT_YELLOW
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_GOLDENROD
PLAYERCOLOR_MINOR_DARK_LEMON

No problem, ok thanks Gedemon! I'll take a look at those xml files and take some notes to work on it during the week if I dont find time this weekend ;)

Very nice mod, I'll have to try it out sometime. Always gotta love more options, especially on realistic maps.

Installed the mod and started up a new game as Russia with 18 AI civs. My settler started on a coastal tile next to an ice floe...

Installed the mod and started up a new game as Russia with 18 AI civs. My settler started on a coastal tile next to an ice floe...

please, can you confirm that you launched the game via this menu :

Spoiler :

with the "Yet (not) Another Earths Maps Pack - advanced Setup" title at the top of the menu windows ?

This mod looks really good, but I can't get it to work properly.

I've tried launching three games now, two with Greece and one with Rome and the game placed me in the Chicago area in North America all three times. Any ideas? My settings were 15 (random) civs, Prince difficulty level and disabled the Time victory.

EDIT: And yes, I used the advanced menu by going to Mods > Singleplayer > Custom Game > Load

Any ideas?

are you using a mod adding custom civs ? if so, could you list them (or any other mods), it will help me try to reproduce this bug... last but it could also help me a lot : can you enable the live tuner and see if there are error messages at game launch relative to "ynaem" ?

thanx :D

Thanks, you helped me solve the problem. I had the Teutonics map/mod activated and I disabled it. I have no other mods activated.

I don't understand why that mod would affect your mod, but I guess I'll have to start studying the art of Civ 5 modding :) I tried the live tuner thing for the first time but didn't catch any error messages.

Thanks!

you mean the tectonic map script ? That's strange, I'll have a look at this, and thank you for the report.

I also have the tecnocis script installed and have no problems, strange..

Im working slowly on the starting locations for my CSs, would be faster if there were some utility I could use to give me the coordinates I want :( Right now im doing it the way you sugested.
If anyone has free time and knows how to do it, I can give you the files ;)

I dont expect to have it ready before the end of the week.

When I start this game with the Aztecs my starting location is in the middle of the ocean. With the japanese I find myself in some desert. Can someone please explain what im doing wrong? I have no other mod activated.

Gedemon, I started a new game after lunch to check if my CSs showed up on the map, using TSL only, but a bunch of CS that I removed from the MinorCivStartPos.xml file are still showing up in random locations, is there another file I need to edit?

Every CS in my list now has a starting position, but I need to fine-tune them, and the only way I can do that is start a game and take a look at the map, that will be a pain in the butt if I have to start dozens of games, wont have time for it before the weekend. If you want to help to get it done quicker, I can give you notes for each CS or paint their location on a map and send you the files :)

Gedemon, I started a new game after lunch to check if my CSs showed up on the map, using TSL only, but a bunch of CS that I removed from the MinorCivStartPos.xml file are still showing up in random locations, is there another file I need to edit?
no, it should have worked... :confused:

you've added the new CS in MinorCivAdded.xml then edited MinorCivStartPos.xml to keep only your selection for the test, right ?

Every CS in my list now has a starting position, but I need to fine-tune them, and the only way I can do that is start a game and take a look at the map, that will be a pain in the butt if I have to start dozens of games, wont have time for it before the weekend. If you want to help to get it done quicker, I can give you notes for each CS or paint their location on a map and send you the files :)

then maybe this giant screenshoot will help you. The ratio is 30 pixels/tile and the height/width is correct this time.
X = image_x / 30
Y = 94 - (image_y /30)

edit : or else just give me a google map link for each CS, I'll set them, but I can't promise to do it quicker than you ;)

no, it should have worked... :confused:

you've added the new CS in MinorCivAdded.xml then edited MinorCivStartPos.xml to keep only your selection for the test, right ?

Thats right :)
I'll take another look at it later if I have the time, try to figure out what was wrong.

then maybe this giant screenshoot will help you. The ratio is 30 pixels/tile and the height/width is correct this time.
X = image_x / 30
Y = 94 - (image_y /30)

Nice! That may make it easier ;) Thanks!

Top Bottom