TerraNES: The Civil Experiment

Oh. Whooooops.

To: Sarkov

Apulia is Cytrian territory now. Leave us out of it, or else.

Oh. Whooooops.

Apulia is Cytrian territory now. Leave us out of it, or else.

From Sarkov to Ctesiphod;

You seemed perfectly fine with letting them rampage over our territory... we are eager to repay them in kind.

Are you really looking for ANOTHER enemy. That was decades ago. Anyway, you deserve everything you get. Cannibals, murderers, rapists. Every crime against nature imaginable, your people have perpetrated and perfected it.

Got a problem with Cytrian Apulia?

Sardinia
To All

Cake? Anyone? It seems there has been a heck of a lot of lives shed recently. Can't we all get along? We are willing to reopen our ports to those who lead a peaceful existence...

Are you really looking for ANOTHER enemy. That was decades ago. Anyway, you deserve everything you get. Cannibals, murderers, rapists. Every crime against nature imaginable, your people have perpetrated and perfected it.

Got a problem with Cytrian Apulia?

From Sarkov to Ctesiphod;

We are not looking for another enemy yet, we were just amazed that when we were under siege, you did not reign in your puppet. No issues as of yet, we wish to maintain cordial relations with each other and bring peace back into Valyria.

After of course we annihilate Liguria, as it seems that they wish to continue this war with us, no matter the cost. Cannibals? Never would have happened if the deal had gone through, and the Royal Guard is filled with them now; let the people that despise and fear the Red Faith see that and quake.

We are murderers and rapists yes... war changes things about, no? When Kora-Torr was wrested from us, and Free Samnia rose up, we lost good men and women... when the penal colonies fell and we were pushed out from the wars enveloping our nation, the Grey Faith rose up for good reasons.

From Torasnoth

To: Vayria
In respose to:

Spoiler :
1)All land north of Navarin and Jarlsven and the pre-war borders of Apulia will be given to Valyria.

2) Verlinschva, Kora-Torr, and Bellevetum will become the Duchy of Samnia under Valyrian control with semi-autonomy.

3) War reparations to Toras-North her ally Free Samnia will equal 4EP, unless all Duchy of Free Samnia land around Jarlsven and Navarin is given back to Valyria at which point 6EP will be transferred.

4) Support given to the current Duke of Samnia to quell the uprising and stop the Samnite war.

5) Rebuilding of Kora-Torr as dictated.

6) Free passage for all Zirilist and Samnites that wish to leave Valyria.

7) Leaders of all countries involved will journey to Naffran to partake in the celebrations to foster brotherhood and fraternity.

8) The Grey Faith and the Red Faith will stand down and demobilize.

9) Apology from assassins who murdered Markrov II and the leader of the nation who ordered the assassination of the adolescent child.

10) Reopening of trade between Valyria-Duchy of Samnia and the Toras-North people and the Apulians.

11) Formation of a coalition between Toras-North and Apulia and Valyria to ensure no war grips Southern Valyria again.

12) Grace period of peace for at least two hundred to five hundred years to foster ties between our nations and to help each other with the plague relief efforts.

13) Plague relief and learning shared between Valyria and Toras-North.

14) A promise of peace and unity between Toras-North and Valyria, to work together and try to prosper.

We have issues with the following points, and have commented:

1)And insult the Samnites who fought and died for their homes and families in these lands? Apulia is Greek, and never willingly was apart of your Kingdom.
2)Allow Samnia to be vassalized once again? With the power that the Red faith holds in your country, I do not believe that the Samnites would be treated with the respect that they deserve.
3)4EP in reparations to Free Samnia
4)We will support the Duke of Samnia, as long as he swears fealty to the High King of Samnia
9) Apology from assassins who murdered Markrov II? We in no way gave order to, or allowed the assassination of Markrov II. We will, of course, help you to locate said assassins.
11) Formation of a defensive coalition between Toras-North and Apulia and Valyria and Free Samnia and Lijura to ensure no war grips Valyria again.
12) If this 'disease from the east' comes, how would you propose to help each other with the plague relief? Is this point 13?
14) When peace comes, we will work on friendly relations, however it will be several years until my people are willing to work with the Faithful.

To: Free Samnia
You have fought long for your freedom, and we will make sure that you do not lose that freedom.

To: Anorian Empire

Greetings to the Exalted Empire. If you come this way, we will show you to the most famed drink of Ziril. Wine. Have a sip.

From Torasnoth

To: Vayria
In respose to:

Spoiler :
1)All land north of Navarin and Jarlsven and the pre-war borders of Apulia will be given to Valyria.

2) Verlinschva, Kora-Torr, and Bellevetum will become the Duchy of Samnia under Valyrian control with semi-autonomy.

3) War reparations to Toras-North her ally Free Samnia will equal 4EP, unless all Duchy of Free Samnia land around Jarlsven and Navarin is given back to Valyria at which point 6EP will be transferred.

4) Support given to the current Duke of Samnia to quell the uprising and stop the Samnite war.

5) Rebuilding of Kora-Torr as dictated.

6) Free passage for all Zirilist and Samnites that wish to leave Valyria.

7) Leaders of all countries involved will journey to Naffran to partake in the celebrations to foster brotherhood and fraternity.

8) The Grey Faith and the Red Faith will stand down and demobilize.

9) Apology from assassins who murdered Markrov II and the leader of the nation who ordered the assassination of the adolescent child.

10) Reopening of trade between Valyria-Duchy of Samnia and the Toras-North people and the Apulians.

11) Formation of a coalition between Toras-North and Apulia and Valyria to ensure no war grips Southern Valyria again.

12) Grace period of peace for at least two hundred to five hundred years to foster ties between our nations and to help each other with the plague relief efforts.

13) Plague relief and learning shared between Valyria and Toras-North.

14) A promise of peace and unity between Toras-North and Valyria, to work together and try to prosper.

We have issues with the following points, and have commented:

1)And insult the Samnites who fought and died for their homes and families in these lands? Apulia is Greek, and never willingly was apart of your Kingdom.
2)Allow Samnia to be vassalized once again? With the power that the Red faith holds in your country, I do not believe that the Samnites would be treated with the respect that they deserve.
3)4EP in reparations to Free Samnia
4)We will support the Duke of Samnia, as long as he swears fealty to the High King of Samnia
9) Apology from assassins who murdered Markrov II? We in no way gave order to, or allowed the assassination of Markrov II. We will, of course, help you to locate said assassins.
11) Formation of a defensive coalition between Toras-North and Apulia and Valyria and Free Samnia and Lijura to ensure no war grips Valyria again.
12) If this 'disease from the east' comes, how would you propose to help each other with the plague relief? Is this point 13?
14) When peace comes, we will work on friendly relations, however it will be several years until my people are willing to work with the Faithful.

To: Free Samnia
You have fought long for your freedom, and we will make sure that you do not lose that freedom.

To: Anorian Empire

Greetings to the Exalted Empire. If you come this way, we will show you to the most famed drink of Ziril. Wine. Have a sip.

1) They were never a part of our kingdom... but the lands they siezed from us were. We fought and bled for the conquest of Samnia, we treated them with respect... until they rose up against us and stabbed us in the back. Kora-Torr was filled with Sarkovians as well, many seem to forget that... and the bloody takeover of the city is what led the Grey Faith to power.

2) The Red Faith has a 5% hold on the population; I promised quite faithfully that I will not let harm come to pass to them. It is a new time; set old grudges aside. Remember what happened when that failed last time? The Grey Faith did what they did, and the response from the Sarkovian people? "Hail to Kingdom!"

3) Agreed

4) The Duke of the Duchy of Free Samnia follows Sarkovian doctrine, as does the Duke of Verlinschvae... they recognize no High King. He fought and tore apart their holdings in the Duchy, and because of that, why should they have any reason to trust him?

9) The list of suspects in Valyria is long... Toras-North seems the most likely, but I would not rule out Apulia or Samnia... rest assured we will get to the bottom of this soon. And whoever did so will pay a steep price for what they did.

11) Liguria should not be allowed to into this coalition, they still seek war with us for our "leadership's failings". They wish to continue a war against us, and surely you are joking on that point.

12) It is involved with point 13, yes.

14) As well as mine; after all, the Red Faith is still holding quite a bit of power here, as well as the Grey Faith. But then again, wars spoil relations as well as backstabbing wars such as this.

The people of Valyria have fought and bled for their land, and I am starting to believe that this is a lost cause here in Valyria... we are called murderers, rapists, and cannibals by many.

To that I say this;

You have only yourselves to thank for that.

It has been a pleasure meeting with you Toresater X, we hope to enjoy many more meetings and diplomatic agreements between us all.

To "Tyre"
I assume you are actually Ugarit in disguise. Byblos need not say sorry for anything.

To Damascus
That is true. If Ugarit retreats from Byblos, we will not bring out armies.

To Cyrus
War is coming and Anor will not hold back the punches.

To Acre
Sounds like it would be a fine day for our sailors!

From Tyre
"Either".

From Damascus
Thank you.

From Ugarit
Well, winter's here. If you stop marching we will. Then we can get to the bottom of those revolutionary agents.

From Cyrus
Just punches?

@ All
I put stats in Update so that you still have the old stats to check with (and so I can double check them). Stats on front page will be updated now.

Actually, this is important enough for its own post.

From now on, I will have half-weekly combat updates for those who wish it. Orders for these are to be due Wednesday, so I can get the stats out for Thursday. This was first used by General Olaf of Xilaroi.

Currently, the War of the Levantine League will be featured in the Thursday Update, which will contain Egypt + the 4 Levant states+Cyrus and Siria. Egypt will get the plague during this update.

If any other war (looks at Italy) wants to participate, please send orders by Tomarrow.

The Rules:
1) Spend as much as you want, but it will count as "debt" for the main, or "second half" of the update. So if you have 7 income total and you spent 5, next turn you have 7/-5 income (depending on loot/war) and this comes out for 2EP for the second half of the turn,
2) Please make strategies and army-count specific as possible
3) name generals if you want them,
4) declare war and desire for mid-week combat in thread at least by Monday Night, with RSVP by all participants by VM by Tuesday Night-Might want to contact your enemies to organize this. :p

What I do
1) I will have between 2-5 "Phases" ala Italian War Updates. They will be real quick and have a sketchy map showing main battle sites, victories, and results.
2) I will update the stats of the players, and note affects on neighbors.
3) I will not describe as detailed as normal update: Basically Army X of Stuff and Army Y of things met at Z, battle won/lost via A, Casualties are B, result on overall is C.
4) I will only show important battles; most campaigns have minor battles as well.

EDIT: Why did I fail my Will check. Oh well, my word is the word. Come one and all, make my life harder and this NES more awesome!

To Damascus
Thank you for what? Ugarit did not retreat yet...

To Ugarit
What march? Look at the map. You are currently occupying lands belonging to Byblos. Cease to do so or else. Was it that hard to understand?

OOC: Do I need to change the map every year? Every season? Every time the borders sway and shake? Do I need to restate everything an NPC said already? Do I need to quote all diplomacy between a player and an NPC to show the background for the NPC's next statement? Do I need to make clear everything that is said without sarcasm, cynicalism, or snide comments that also give the same message rather clearly? Do you guys prefer "simple" diplomacy?

This is a question to all of you.

EDIT: Ugarit had said that it will retreat once winter (or the start of harvest-whatever) is here, so that Byblos will harvest instead of chasing their retreating army (as happened before). The last diplomatic message is that winter has arrived-therefore they followed their word (NPC lying is marked so i won't get confused, and so you guys can't tell) and retreated (as they promised)- and they won't march (or sail) to Byblos (in an agressive way) (again, and reoccupy that land, I assume this is evident but I probably need to say this just to be sure) if Egypt won't march (or sail) to Byblos (again).
EDITEDIT: Subtext added

IC: From Damascus
For explaining. (since we asked for an explaination earlier and you gave it-so we thanked you)

From Ugarit
Was it that hard to understand that we've retreated for the harvest and we won't return if you don't march to Byblos? (because we thought you are reasonable, after all.)

From Byblos
He's lying. Our agents...er...our soldiers report that they are recuiting more troops. (they're probably going to return with reinforcements)

EDITEDITEDIT: Sorry if I offended anyone. It's past midnight, I finished half my HW. I log on to do the dishes diplomacy before doing the other half and... Yeah. But the question is serious-how much do you want the diplomacy to be laid out?

EDITEDITEDITEDIT:
From Lijuria
No. We seek a conclusive end with a treaty, instead of just a cease fire for our orangesmiths to make more spears.

I personally like your diplomacy. There are characters and I had to work to convince people to do stuff for me. If I'm one of the ones you're talking to, sorry. :0 I say keep it the way you have it. No 'simple' diplomacy.

I would prefer you to keep it to one normal update. As for diplomacy, you could always write ic and ooc diplomacy if it seems we are not quite understanding.

Finally, are no npc,s interested in trading with me?

Ooc I don't need simple diplomacy. But "um" etc isn't diplomacy... Up until right now I was sure Ugarit did not retreat and would not retreat until bla bla bla. But ok. If they retreated there is. O need to war with them.

Also I don't like the anti death and war moods around the world. It's 2700bc. War is the norm.

To Ugarit
News of your retreat arrived. The armies will not march on the Levant.

To Byblos
just like yourself, Ugarit are allowed to train armies. Tell us if anyone attacks you again. Other than that, since peace is kept, we will send you a small gift of economy (2) to be used on whatever you see fit.

A hey, this is NESing. If we didn't, the mod wouldn't know to give us 1EP a turn for our "trade stat" ;)

I'll try to send orders by tomarrow, as I do have some plans for combat. not against anyone civlized, of course. mere barbarian stomping.
OOC: Well, it's a bit late now.
I would prefer you to keep it to one normal update. As for diplomacy, you could always write ic and ooc diplomacy if it seems we are not quite understanding.
OOC: Thanks. Preference noted and duly ignored accounted for.
As for diplomatic explanation, I think I actually might do that.
Finally, are no npc,s interested in trading with me?
You cut off trade with everyone out there at war, close to being at war, or were at war (Italy). You didn't reverse that order yet.
Ooc I don't need simple diplomacy. But "um" etc isn't diplomacy... Up until right now I was sure Ugarit did not retreat and would not retreat until bla bla bla. But ok. If they retreated there is. O need to war with them.

Also I don't like the anti death and war moods around the world. It's 2700bc. War is the norm.

To Ugarit
News of your retreat arrived. The armies will not march on the Levant.

To Byblos
just like yourself, Ugarit are allowed to train armies. Tell us if anyone attacks you again. Other than that, since peace is kept, we will send you a small gift of economy (2) to be used on whatever you see fit.
From Byblos: Understood
OOC: What anti-death and anti- war? There are lots of small border conflicts even during "peace" turns, as borders are largely fudgely when you get down to it. Most expansion is just border conflicts+a little push against barbs. Anyway, the anti-war stuff is because of Character: Ugarit is worried of you directly because Byblos is not scared of them.
For Lijuria, their culture is peaceful- the Anti-Tycho player(s), aided by several Gaffes by Tycho, is what led them to war in the first place.

Finally, most "War" in the update, unless between players (accounting for various orders), are actually series of wars and conflict. Wars of Levean Supremacy includes at least 4 "Wars". Gyrid's Invasion of Phagria includes at least 3 wars: War on Ceres, and on her allies to complete the conquest. ect.ect. When (not if!) we get to higher-definition times, like 20 years or 10 years-turn. I perfectly expect 2-3 turn wars as the norm between stats of similiar size and scope.

Asking NPCs for trade is silly: trade is passive.
Indeed it is. However, governments/societies can fund caravans and merchants as part of orders. They can also send a specific caravan to open trade to more distant locals (For example, if Egypt wants stable trade past Italy, it should send such an expedition. Same goes for Aramya-Dakinsa)

Top Bottom