pre-TNESIII: The Once and Future Thread

I suppose that's true. I had reserved that one icon for only four super large cities (Sidell, Mernaix, Confels, and Yyredin) but I suppose having a fifth major city wouldn't be out of the question.

Also I liked the shout out to the Mabuns. :p

Thanks, I'm glad I managed to push something half decent out before the end of the weekend. As for the populations, I'll defer to your judgement on that.

The delays march on, but for not much longer! There will be a final map up tonight, and Update 0 is swiftly approaching.

The Great Cities of the Isles and the Surround

The Daughter City of Mernaix - At least eighty thousand live in the Ruby of the North, the fine and ancient city of Mernaix. Her walls are fifty feet thick, and justly so, for they guard the Sanctaris of the Scholastic Council and the Universitas Marinex, the finest halls of learning to be found in the north of the world (though Universitas Convelesia will dispute the notion). A soaring tower dedicated to Calia Reginis dominates the skyline of mortal buildings. The gardens, laid out by the ancient architect-mathematicians of Athsar that was, are free to the public, assuming they behave.

The Royal City of Yyredin - Home to the Highhame, the crowning steeple-timbered achievement of King Rædrik's reign, and countless fine mansions of timber and stone belonging to the great and the good. More than fifty thousand souls dwell here, drawn to the fine temples, royal jousting grounds, and the chance of entering the service of one of the great houses of the realm.

The Port of Erhlith - The crowded port city of Erhlith is connected from its eponymous isle to the larger island of Isben by an arcing span of flawless white stone, conceived and built by the Republic using craft now lost to man. House Lutair's cross-sailed ships patrol the surround for pirates, and the city is a great center for the salting of barrels of fish, as well as an important drydock for middlemen from Fijnport and Hahndel. The Pebbled Market is legendary as a center of trade. At least forty five thousand live within its flimsy palisade.

The Free City of Confels - Once called Convelesia or Govaellaig, this settlement in the Cairyn Valley has quickly grown up around the halls of knowledge of Universitas Convelesia, established in the past century and a half by communities of expatriate scholars and Elmings educated in the halls of esteemed Mernaix. It is a rare meeting point for the three peoples of the Gray Isles, all of whom can be found as scholars or students in the university's halls. The city is unofficially protected by House Sigmund, who prevented Fennacht raiders from sacking/liberating it during the great rebellions of the last century. A Sigmund often takes the title of Rector of the University. Thirty thousands live here.

The Royal City of Sidell - Sidell is not a large city by southern standards, but its twenty five thousand souls are well defended by a stout stone wall and a series of strong gatehouses. The sprawling palace of the Ulfs lies at its center. It is a place where northern warriors oft come to prove their worth and make a name for themselves.

Many lesser cities, including Lieve, Fijnport, Grayport, and Hahndel have between ten and twenty thousand souls.

Rapidly closing in on our launch date. Name your regions and geographic features!

CD, name the river that joins the Cairyn at Confels.

Strat, name the great bay (along with the rest of your holdings).

LoE, name your island.

NK/Luckymoose, name stuff in the frozen wastes of Ulkland.

Thank you!

Thlayli, I have two propositions for the name of the island:

Rachduraed, "Land of the Red Men" (Fennacht name)

Walsydd, "Land of the Strange Men" (Greyling name)

I'm calling my bay Gælleåbning (Gill Slit).

A NES launch tonight is still 75% probable.

PC stats are now 80% done. I just need to do 2 more houses and then collate the Lineage information into the general template. Some of the Lineage stuff is...poorly curated since not all players have finished their templates. And then the usual typos and inconsistencies of course. I'd encourage those players to finish out their stuff after the NES begins. I'll probably take care of bestshot's myself since he's still tied up with military stuff IRL.

Update 0 is going reasonably well. There's one roadblock to completing the first story; and then there will be a second story, which I have mentally outlined, and that should go relatively quickly. The only thing I absolutely haven't done yet is updated front page stuff. Depending on how long that (and finishing the story) takes, the thread and Update 0 will either post late tonight or tomorrow.

Stay tuned.

Top Bottom