Pre-ChaNES: Into the Void

OOC: O que é para cima, cadelas. Você terá todas as nada em mim!

Just kidding. I'll have one set of orders in soon.

OOC: Would a company which releases unnecessarily confusing memos with typos be taken seriously?

Hopefully not. ;)

OOC: hmm, good point. I'll clarify it later. maybe turn it into an internal memo. basically, we are colonizing 151-056A with robots, and we recommend you do not try to colonize without telling us first for your safety.

OOC: Just bomb Sonty Corporation! :p

OOC: Seriously, with that attitude... :p

OOC: My patience grows exceptionally thin, flyingchicken.
Uh, what? *checks Sent Items* Oh my, I thought I replied to that already. Juggling through story-writing, PM-sending, playing Civilization 3, and watching television does leave me with a bad case of confusion and false memories.

I'll just go on ahead and say (PM1) yes, because I don't particularly disagree with anything, and (PM1+2) that America was already paying and going to pay its nonmilitary debt to ASTRIS this turn and the last (if the update is to be believed) even without the prodding.

OOC: I'll accept the first part, but the second part doesn't mean anything to me as an answer. There is a quota to fill. Can you meet the outlined requirements or not?

OOC: I guess. I mean, I don't know their costs relative to American economy. I'm thinking only Chandrasekhar knows for sure (though other very inquisitive players might), but, of course, I'll be sure to have that little line in my orders where I refer him to you and say "fill quota if possible" or something to that effect.

Loading . . .

Spoiler :
Welcome to the Alliance for Settlement Transport, Research, Implementation and Security, or ASTRIS. ASTRIS is humanity's foremost representative and active implement for the colonization of space. Your interest in its endeavors is appreciated, and we hope you enjoy your stay.

MEMBERSHIP LISTING said:
ASTRIS is constantly seeking to expand its membership in order to facilitate its stated objectives of committing to a diverse and representative interstellar colonization effort.

At present, the states currently party to the ASTRIS organization are as follows:
  • Canada
  • Commonwealth of Australia
  • Federative Republic of Brazil
  • Japan
  • Republic of India
  • Republic of Indonesia
  • Republic of Iran
  • Republic of Korea
  • Russian Federation
  • State of Israel
  • United Mexican States
  • United States of America

PLANETARY and SYSTEM CLASSIFICATION said:
ASTRIS utilizes a unique, multi-variate matrix for classifying planets for human habitability and evaluating their classification. Included among the criteria are surface temperature, atmospheric composition, surface pressure, seasonality, gravity constant, and other factors deemed necessary for the well-being of any potential colonist. All of these are compared against the baseline natural environment for humanity--Earth, albeit in prior to industrialization.

At present, ASTRIS classifies any given planet into one of five possible categories, each of which is summarized utilizing a Latin title:
  • Terra Aequa - "Equal Land"
  • Terra Approxima - "Close Land"
  • Terra Apta - "Suitable Land"
  • Terra Inhospita - "Inhospitable Land"
  • Terra Hostica - "Hostile Land"
Systems are in turn issued a grade corresponding to their highest-rated planet, although the system classification is prefixed with "Stella" instead of "Terra," signifying the greater scope of the classification.

At present, ASTRIS does not endorse the colonization of any body falling below the grade of Terra Apta, due to the documented expense and difficulty of terraforming such bodies and the strain such efforts exert upon limited resources when conducted in a newly established colony.

MEMBER COMMITMENT and GOALS said:
ASTRIS member states have entered into the organization in recognition of the utility of cooperatively pooling resources to achieve aims that are otherwise unattainable individually. The chief goal of all ASTRIS member states is in the successful establishment and nurturing of an extra-solar colony designed to promote and safeguard the cultural heritage of the state in question.

All member states are required upon joining to submit their baseline requirements for such a colony. Their needs are then factored into the overall ASTRIS mission plan, and in return for material or financial allocation to assist their fellow member states, the organization as a whole endeavors to meet that requirement.

At present, the following ASTRIS member states have unfulfilled requests of the indicated nature, as ranked by quality and priority, in that order:
  • Japan: 1x Terra Aequa
  • United States of America: 1x Terra Aequa
  • Canada: 1x Terra Approxima
  • Republic of Korea: 1x Terra Approxima
  • Republic of India: 1x Terra Approxima
  • Republic of Indonesia: 1x Terra Approxima
  • United Mexican States: 1x Terra Apta
  • Republic of Iran: 1x Terra Apt
  • Republic of Indonesia: 1x Terra Apta
  • Republic of India: 1x Terra Apta
Conversely, at present the following ASTRIS member states have had their requests fulfilled, either fully or partially:
  • Russian Federation: 1x Terra Aequa (Zenit, 2122)
  • Commonwealth of Australia: 1x Terra Approxima (Victoria, 2131)
  • Federative Republic of Brazil: 1x Terra Approxima (Amazonas, 2129)
  • State of Israel: 1x Terra Approxima (Zion, 2134)
  • Republic of India: 1x Terra Apta (Hastinapur, 2126)
It is also notable that although not required for membership, all ASTRIS member states are currently members of the Colonization and Applied Use of Space Treaty International Committee.
DEVELOPMENT PLANNING said:
At present, ASTRIS is currently conducting missions within the region of space currently known as the "Coreward Arc" of the Orion Arm, although the first human missions to the Perseus Arm are also being planned.

For a detailed overview of ASTRIS missions, please utilize the provided interactive display:

Upcoming significant missions include:
  • Phase Two Colonization at 192-209 (Canadian Colony, USS MacKenzie, 2135)
  • Planned Facility Construction at 182-123 (Joint ASTRIS, Delivered, 2136)
  • Phase Two Colonization at 092-577 (Mexican Colony, USS Ridgeway, 2136)
  • Planned Facility Construction at Victoria (Joint ASTRIS, On Site, 2137)
  • Phase Two Colonization at 103-323 (Iranian Colony, USS Parker, 2137)
  • Phase Two Colonization at 183-202 (Indonesian Colony, JS Suzumiya, 2139)
  • Planned Facility Construction at Amazonas (Joint ASTRIS, On Site, 2140)
DEFENSE and SECURITY said:
At present ASTRIS defense and security needs in space are met by its militarily sanctioned members, the United States of America and the Russian Federation, whose forces are tasked with orbital and deep space defense of member states. Ground based defensive needs are fulfilled by the member state in question occupying a given body.

Estimated deployments of ASTRIS-affiliated space forces by the beginning of fiscal year 2140 is as follows:
  • 182-123: USS Mayflower
  • Amazonas: USS Lincoln
  • Infinitas: RFS Yekaterinburg, USS Relentless, USS Obstinate, 6 MiG-51 Sokol Variable Fighters
  • Hastinapur: RFS Chekov
  • Pirenia: USS Yankee
  • Sol: RFS Prokhorovka, USS Rushmore, USS Alamo, RFS Novosibirsk, RFS Dostoevsky, RFS Tolstoy, USS Liberty, USS Justice, USS Endurance, USS Independence, USS Union, USS Democracy, 4 Tu-217 Kit Variable Gunships
  • Victoria: USS Titan
  • Zenit: RFS St. Petersburg, RFS Volkov, 6 MiG-51 Sokol Variable Fighters
  • Zion: USS Sentinel

Because it comes before the main part and is played with simplified rules over compressed periods of time. Why did you think?

Because it comes before the main part and is played with simplified rules over compressed periods of time. Why did you think?

(Now let's stop doing that before it gets out of control)

sorry for the weird double post :lol:

Well, I was just curious. A pre-NES does not normally tend to last 48 pages.

Pre-AFSNES certainly did. How many other Pre-NESes have there been really?

OOC: Well, I can tell nobody bothered reading it since nobody found the Easter Eggs. Whatever. If any of you damn fools try running for a colony we declared for again only to once more find yourselves beaten to it (I'm looking at you, Lord_Imperialist; you have enough damn rocks already and you will be getting more than just a stern letter if you try that again), can't say as you weren't full well and warned.

LC: Why is this a PreNES again?
Indeed, das is quite correct. The main NES will be much more detailed in all aspects.
OOC: Well, I can tell nobody bothered reading it since nobody found the Easter Eggs. Whatever. If any of you damn fools try running for a colony we declared for again only to once more find yourselves beaten to it (I'm looking at you, Lord_Imperialist; you have enough damn rocks already and you will be getting more than just a stern letter if you try that again), can't say as you weren't full well and warned.
I found some Easter Eggs (I think)! :yeah:

Anyway, I'm setting the deadline at nine days from this post. This NES should be able to proceed at a much faster pace from then on.

Top Bottom