Denouncement and Research Agreements

Half Nelson

Ancient Mariner
Supporter
Hoping for a point of clarification:-
It seems (from my latest game) that denouncements now scupper RAs:- that is, the RA is not "cancelled" but gives no beakers when it matures after 30 turns.

Is that the case since the latest patch or am I merely a victin of the mysterious "dud RA" bug? I have barely used RA since the new patch so have not fully grasped how they now work.

In order for RA to be signed, both Nations need to have signed a Decleration of Friendship.

IF, either side denounces one another, the DoF (and in most cases, embassiess too) are destroyed.

As a result, it makes sense for the RA to be "cancelled".

Thanks for the reply. I agree with all you say but, at least prior to the latest change in RA mechanics, I seem to remember that only a DoW cancelled the RA (i.e. you still got your tech even if the AI hated / denounced you). Unless I am missing something, it now seems that you don't get your RA beakers after a "backstab" denunciation from a friend, even though there is no notification that the RA is cancelled AND you still receive a notification when it completes after 30 turns.

Is that the case since the latest patch or am I merely a victin of the mysterious "dud RA" bug? I have barely used RA since the new patch so have not fully grasped how they now work.

Sorry, but you're referring to the patch as if it's already out. Is it...? (I feel like an idiot right now):blush::confused:

Sorry, but you're referring to the patch as if it's already out. Is it...? (I feel like an idiot right now):blush::confused:

Not the October patch we've all been eagerly anticipating, no. The OP may be talking about the patch that accompanied CiVannilla with the release of G&K.

I dont have any confirmation and I could be wrong, but either way, you need a DoF to sign a RA, which came with the God and Kings.

Yes I was referring to the previous patch when RA mechanics were changed from free tech to beakers.

My issue is what happens currently when, during the period of a Research Agreement, the AI cancels the DoF by a denouncement. There is no notification that the RA is cancelled but, when the "RA complete" indicator appears after 30 turns, it seems that no beakers are added to your total. Is this correct?

I still play vanilla and I can make DOFs with anyone, even if they're not friends with me, so it must not be that way on vanilla.I'm not sure if I've actually encountered the situation where you have a research agreement with someone who then denounces you since the patch that came out right before G&K, but I haven't noticed such a thing as losing the benefits of a research agreement.

But I don't really know about G&K.

Top Bottom