Why can't I cancel agreements?

adsin15

Warlord
I'd seriously like to be able to cancel agreements sometimes before they reach the end.

I am willing to take a diplomatic penalty to do this.

Can we get this feature added?

Because you without it being balenced you could cancel a deal for straight up gold from one ai amd then rinse and repeat with anther ai

u would take a diplomatic penalty each time tho.

Therefore after two or three times of doing that the AI would probably stop trading with you for 1000 years.

What would be the purpose of this feature? If you don't like what your friend Genghis is doing with city states, pillage the Salt you sold him and sell it to Gandhi. That'll teach him.

You can't pillage your own tiles as far as I know.

I'm more talking about Open Borders agreements, Embassies etc.

I'd like to be able to cancel an open borders agreement. I'd also VERY much like to be able to demand that another civ cancel an Open Borders agreement.

I'd seriously like to be able to cancel agreements sometimes before they reach the end.

I am willing to take a diplomatic penalty to do this.

Can we get this feature added?

Ah but how big a diplomatic hit ae you willing to take? Not what you want, I`d bet.

Point is to stop taking advantage against the AI. I suppose they could make it so the AI stops dealing with you for at least 10 turns with it increasing by 5 turns each time you do it, plus the added diplomatic hit so every other AI CIV soon realises what you`re up to and stops dealing with you.

That would be realistic.

I agree... the reason I want to cancel is when a City State or a City demands a certain luxury that I have, but am currently trading, I'd like to make it available.

I don't know why 30 turns is standard. It would be nice to negotiate on time.

Top Bottom