[BTS Python/XML] Via Appia Mod

GIR

It'sNotStupidIt'sAdvanced
Here's another spin-off mod:

Via Appia mod

It adds a new Road type and a new Wonder + Wonder Movie: Via Appia
It also adds a little python code:

The Via Appia provides two Road Constructors and Roman roads on all tiles controlled by one of your cities at the time you build the Wonder. (Roman road = better than default roads)

Some Pics:

To use this mod you have to download the Via Appia Mod AND the wonder movie!

- To download the Mod use this link: Via Appia Mod
- To download the Movie use this link: Via Appia Wonder Movie

After you downloaded the movie file you have to copy the ViaAppia.bik into your ViaAppia/Assets/Art/Movies/Wonders/ folder.

Have Fun!​

I think you red my mind - i was thinking about making similliar wonder yesterday - in two/three editionds -
Roman Roads - for classic era
TGV - for modern era
Transrapid - for future era

The choice went for TGV - since i like modern time the most (tough i think it would be good to make it in the future too and possibly could work on it) i would like to make model for this World Wonder.
But model doesn't mean anything without changes in gameplay - so i putted this on shelf. And today i see modcomp adding Roman Roads.

What do you think about it?

Could i adjust your modcomp to work well with TGV Mod?
It would require
- Plastics (I don't know what could fit better)
- Nuclear Plant in the city it built (the high-speed train was possible due cheap energy that camed out in 70's and 80's from Nuclear Plant built in great numberi n France)

Do you want yo make it on your own - i would support just the model than

BTW You've made top quality modcomp :)

Very very good. I will use it too. Thanks, GIR :)
BTW You've made top quality modcomp :)
thx :)

I think you red my mind - i was thinking about making similliar wonder yesterday - in two/three editionds -
Roman Roads - for classic era
TGV - for modern era
Transrapid - for future era

The choice went for TGV - since i like modern time the most (tough i think it would be good to make it in the future too and possibly could work on it) i would like to make model for this World Wonder.
But model doesn't mean anything without changes in gameplay - so i putted this on shelf. And today i see modcomp adding Roman Roads.

What do you think about it?

Could i adjust your modcomp to work well with TGV Mod?
It would require
- Plastics (I don't know what could fit better)
- Nuclear Plant in the city it built (the high-speed train was possible due cheap energy that camed out in 70's and 80's from Nuclear Plant built in great numberi n France)

Do you want yo make it on your own - i would support just the model than

It would be very easy to create a TGV wonder but how should the railroad graphic look like?
I would love to create a Transrapid Wonder and use changed FinalFrontier Jump Line graphics for the road graphic. It should look like the one in Civilization Call to Power.
Can you create a Transrapid model?

Yup - it shouldn't be problem :)
I'll start working on it when i'll finish flavian amphitheatre and brandenburg gate

about tgv - perhaps it's possible to add low poly electric poles

Wouldn't this be better suited as a Project instead of a Wonder? I don't know how difficult that would be to make it a Project, though.

What happens if you capture the city with the Via Appia built inside it?

Hi, all
I used this excellent modcomp and need a bit help.
I have one unicate unit what can build roman_road but here is not possible build roman road on square where is classic road already. Know somebody know?

thanks

I don't think GIR is here anymore...

hhmm...
XML\Misc\RouteInfo.xml.
There is the entry iValue for every road type.
Higher iValue = you can build that road over another type of road.
Railroad has 2, road has 1, so you can build railroads over roads, because 2 is higher.
Check the iValue values in the RouteInfo.xml in your mod.
You probably have to change them (making the iValue for roman roads higher than for classic road).

Top Bottom