Epic or Marathon scheduled Game 6 player

Muzzlehead

Chieftain
I'm interested in running a Marathon or Epic Speed game (Non-Pitboss/Direct IP) on my server 2 hours several nights a week at 8 pm (EST) GMT - 5 or on certain dates for longer.

Looking for 6 players (newbies welcome). No Cheats/No Tech Trade/Leader Attributes Random. Default Map Settings.

Respond here to grab a place in the game and PM your email.

Any comments welcome

Muzzlehead said:
I'm interested in running a Marathon or Epic Speed game

Wow. That's gonna be a loooooong game. Unit and buildings take longer to build on Marathon and Epic, right?

Muzzlehead said:
No Cheats/No Tech Trade/Leader Attributes Random. Default Map Settings.

I'm curious: why use random leader attributes? Thanks!

oagersnap said:
What game type is this? Normal MP or Pitboss?

According to his post, it's a Direct IP MP game, not a PB game. He wants a regular group of players who will commit to showing up a few nights a week at a specific time to play a couple hours of the game each night.

I'm assuming he'll make it turn-based rather than simultaneous turns, since it's a multi-day game.

Mysterio10000 said:
Wow. That's gonna be a loooooong game. Unit and buildings take longer to build on Marathon and Epic, right?

Yes it will be long and victory/defeat will be all the sweeter/harder

Mysterio10000 said:
I'm curious: why use random leader attributes? Thanks!

Random leader attributes keeps the religion strategy fair; thus you can't begin the game knowing you're mysticism tech is pre-built which allows a jump into religion and a jump into Stonehenge wonder. But you may end up with it just not guaranteed.

It is just the backdoor to random leaders ... I personally find some of the civ's voice files and color schemes annoying and this way you pick the leader format but not traits.

Muzzlehead said:
It is just the backdoor to random leaders ... I personally find some of the civ's voice files and color schemes annoying and this way you pick the leader format but not traits.

Gotcha. I was going to suggest that you just use random leaders, but your last sentence explained why that wouldn't be acceptable.

Top Bottom