SGOTM 13 - TNT thread

Thanks Windfury. I missed that one. I'll check it out.

I'll be the first to post a computer glitch. :dubious: I have a MacBook Pro with a Boot Camp partition for Windows. I saved the test save as a WB file and transferred it to my Mac to test. It all works fine but I can only get a screenshot of the city screen. The map screenshot is black. Any ideas?

While I’m at it, how do you get a BTS screen shot in Windows 7? My keyboard doesn’t have the ‘screenprint’ key.

Thank you, Alan, thank you. :worship: Now why couldn't I figure that out? Shift-Fn-F11 :cool: ...sure, totally intuitive. :crazyeye:

I will vote for:
TNT

I think the name TNT has a bit of mystique about it in that the other teams won't know how we came up with it. For them we'll just be dynamite. :)

As for the opponents I've done some research and here are my guesses:
England - Victoria was alive the closest to Napoleon by a wide margin
Spain - Isabella (No choice)
Portugal - Joao II (No choice)
Germany - Could be either.. my feeling is it will be Frederick as he was closest but not by much so it's a tossup.
Dutch - Wilhelm (No choice)
Russia - Catherine is my guess here as she was alive closest to Napoleon's time

How about:

The Sixth Coalition:
(Austria) Fredrick philosophical/organized
(Prussia) Bismarck expansionist/industrious
(Russia) Catherine creative/imperialistic
(Spain) Isabella spiritual/expansionist
(UK) *Victoria financial/imperialistic
(Sweden) Ragnar financial/aggressive

*And because England was France's main rival, Vickie gets the GLH. :yup:

Hi Guys, (and ladies),

Hope you're all doing fine.

Sorry I ain't replied til now, it slipped my attention tis tread was started. Great work so far. I'll work through it so I come fully up to speed.

1. What time zone are you in? -- UK, GMT
2. Team Name - some creative ideas? Like the idea of Ninjas, as my favourite record label is the one and only Ninja Tune.
3. Captain - Not me
4. Any known issues with playing times? -- not really.
5. Why do you like to play Civ and/or what do you expect from this SGOTM? Quite a philosophical question, hhmm. It's pretty addictive would be the short answer. Hope to pick up some tactics and strategy. I usually play a pacifist game ...
6. Are you a builder, war monger or……. just plain bad?
7. Special skill?making cups of tea
8. Preferred short nickname?You can just call me The Dude

cheers, and hope everyone has an enjoyable game. Pete

How about:

The Sixth Coalition:
(Austria) Fredrick philosophical/organized
(Prussia) Bismarck expansionist/industrious
(Russia) Catherine creative/imperialistic
(Spain) Isabella spiritual/expansionist
(UK) *Victoria financial/imperialistic
(Sweden) Ragnar financial/aggressive

*And because England was France's main rival, Vickie gets the GLH. :yup:

That is a very plausible set as well, though I'm not sure they'd include 2 "German" leaders... or maybe they would.. heh

About the stonhenge:

i think its bigest drawback is polluiting our great people pool. I forsee at least 3-4 Great sciantist bulbs to get to Education/philosophy/Astronomy/chemisty...

How are we going to dicide which opening to go for? we have quite a few option by now. And also who should play the first set, how long should it be?

1 do we need to move the warrior to make a dicision on where to settle?

2 I would love to be the 2nd player to play. its about the time i get a relible internet....

3 i thin we are all set to announce Keath as team commander?

4 we talked about a time to be online at the same time. Im guessing a weekly meeting on saturday would suite us the best?

Just a reminder that if you haven't put in your vote, now's the time. The team name will be announced in less than 2 hours.

Updated vote list:
1. The Ninjas
2. TNT - The Ninja Team -
3. TNT
4. Blue Sun Corporation
5. Biebers Fanclub
6. The (adj) Ninjas -- enKage - what '(adj)' did you have in mind? :mischief:
7. Yellow Sun

Edit: Welcome, The Dude!!

I have counted up the votes for team name and the winner is TNT. There were 7 votes for TNT, a couple of no votes and 2 for The Ninjas. I'll give everyone a chance to check the count and/or post and then I'll pm AlanH before 3:00 pm PST.

Edit: It is actually Thursday night :confused: that we have to decide this but it seems we have a decision now. I'll postpone sending AlanH the result until everyone has a chance to post, say midnight here or 8:00 am GMT Thursday.

Some players have a special talent to do what is called 'fog gazing'. If you look at the edge of the black fog you can seen a bit of the next tile. Some folks are very good at this and it seems our team mate Justjohn has the knack. :) He noticed, correctly I think, that we are on a six tile island. If you look closely to the tiles to the north you can see the pixels of the coastline. Nice going jj. :goodjob:

I have built my very first WB save :D and will upload it later. It has a six tile island and a few other goodies. I also chose European AI. I tried to give away The Great Lighthouse but had to wait until the AI were settled so I settled our first city in place. I don't know if the target AI got TGL or not but time will tell. This save is not perfect but should give a different slant on the game. No Montezuma, I promise... :mischief:

About moving the settler: "What could the warrior see when he moves onto the plains hill, that would make us want to settle on the PH?" :hmm: This is an obvious first move and once executed, we should all study that position -- Sunday.

Edit - This attached save has flaws. check next post. :blush:

Attachments

• TNT test BC-3975.CivBeyondSwordSave
    42.1 KB · Views: 54
Edit: A better save. Anyone know how to give an AI the GLH in worldbuilderÉ :help:

Attachments

• TNT test BC-4000.CivBeyondSwordSave
    54.1 KB · Views: 60
Your team thread title has changed to reflect the new team name. I've left 'Formerly Unallocated' in the title for now until you all get used to looking for the new name.

Congrats Ninjas on the official new name of the team.

When the game actually starts and how is the normal procedure - how long sessions we will have, how many of us will actually play turns, etc ?

Top Bottom