Anyone tried Moracco?

My first BNW civ and probably the one I was looking forward to the most. I've experienced the full desert DF + Petra + Kasbah twice on Immortal. In one game I had six luxury tiles (three uniques) all workable by the capital, somehow got both HG and Petra for the silliest capital I've ever seen. I'd like to experience them when the start is not completely OP some time, because I like them thematically. I also like having Ahmad in my games because he looks so cozy standing there by his camp with the camels.

Deserts that don't have capitals in them tend to be pretty awful spots as far as I've seen. Just flat tiles with limited luxuries.

well, one interesting thing that happened in my last game, I started on a big strip of desert. I used up the "good half" early to settle my 4 cities. Then, once archeology hit, the other "bad half" of desert, which had no luxuries, was filled with sites from all the skirmishes that had happened there between civs and barbarians. having been... deserted for so long, it was a cultural treasure trove. I settled two cities there, with some oases and sheep I was able to work the heritage sites, and with bonus food from the later hospital, granary, and maritime city states I was able to keep growing with just kasbahs.

Probably not the most productive cities in the world, but I mean, they were free, giving tons of culture, good money, and decent production... and No other civ wanted them. How would they work that land, after all.

Even if I'd had a terrible early game, I could have moved in there and eventually caught up to everyone else.

Play on the sandstorm map

I've never though of this since I've never played sandstorm but this is a great suggestion. This would probably make games a breeze since no one benefits from deserts quite like Morocco. The UU's will be skittering along the desert as fast as Elizabeth's frigates a very scare prospect indeed.

Deserts that don't have capitals in them tend to be pretty awful spots as far as I've seen. Just flat tiles with limited luxuries.

This is what ruins desert start biased civs for me. Sure, the capital is nice with petra, but the land nearby is so depressingly white, and it's all too rare to have a tiny desert with some nice green areas for more cities nearby.

Championing this kind of stringent adherence to convention would be admirable were the subject in question one where accuracy meant a single damn. Unfortunately for you we're talking communication here. Everyone understood what he meant, objective met. I'm curious what you hoped to accomplish here, was it to highlight your complete disregard for the fluidity of language? Or are you simply ******ed?

As a proper noun I'll grant you a little credit so far as respect for the entity is concerned, but calling OP "another teen slob" over the matter? You're utterly disgraceful.

Spelling Moracco IS retarted, not me mentionning it. Fluidity of language? Give me a break, it's moronic, that's all. It isn't good communication. So maybe your the ******ed one around here.

Moderator Action: Last warning, get back on topic and stop flaming.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Spelling Moracco IS retarted, not me mentionning it. Fluidity of language? Give me a break, it's moronic, that's all. It isn't good communication. So maybe your the ******ed one around here.

Well, you just made two bad spelling errors and an egregious grammar error.

So you'd be best to keep your Grammar Nazi-ing to yourself.

Moderator Action: Please do not answer him as it is trolling. Report the post and let the staff handle it as it only continues the bad behavior and will get you into more trouble.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Morocco, along with Sweden, are the two civs that I always like to include in my games. Both of their UA's make them good trading partners who I want to ally and DoF with.

Is the Kabash only really good if you have Petra too?

I'm in the desert, with farmed flood plains, but have to remove the farm to put the Kabash down. Its it worth it?

Where else can the Kabash go?

You can place kasbahs on desert hills too. They are certainly good by themselves but with Petra and Deserk folklore it turns desert tiles into amazing tiles.

Is the Kabash only really good if you have Petra too?

I'm in the desert, with farmed flood plains, but have to remove the farm to put the Kabash down. Its it worth it?

Where else can the Kabash go?

They're both viable, technically the farm would be more efficient if you're just interested in maxing out the yield without much regard for what that yield is, but the kasbahs allow a more balanced city. Over all I'd say the kasbah, you take a bit of a food hit, but that gold especially will pay off big time during golden ages.

By the time you get around to changing the flood planes from farms to kasbahs, the extra income should allow you to buy growth from maritime city states, should you still need it, along with some free happiness from a luxury. Not to mention all the other benefits, like increased likelihood to attract trade for even more gold, and culture with your UA... probably beats a few extra food

Without adjacent fresh water, a kasbah is a farm that is also a mine and a trading post. So yeah, flat desert only with petra, hills before (and maybe after depending on how bad you need hammers) chemistry

Top Bottom