brave new world theme song

reddishrecue

Some dude on civfans
Every time I am in mp lobby or am about to load a sp I hear the brave new world song but the lyrics are unknown to me since the singer sings in a different language other than English. I know the song in my head already but I sometimes end up singing lyrics that are in another language that I don't understand and I have no idea what the singer is saying. What about the bnw song lyrics? What does the song say? What language is it in? Does anyone know?

The language is Latin. I don't know the lyrics (IIRC they were posted not long ago) but the 'Terra Nova' refrain means 'New World' (or 'new land').

I can recommend not listening to the theme tune after watching lots of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine otherwise you won't be able to un-hear it as 'Terok Nor' :crazyeye:

If you don't understand the lyrics of a song because it is in a different language, I'd recommend being a true MAN and learn the the damn language so that you can understand the song and score "academy cred".

Or, you know, you could just be a damn WIMP and google for the translated text.

If you don't understand the lyrics of a song because it is in a different language, I'd recommend being a true MAN and learn the the damn language so that you can understand the song and score "academy cred".

Or, you know, you could just be a damn WIMP and google for the translated text.

A real man would simply consume the brain of a man who knew the language to gain his knowledge, learning is for nerds.

A real man would simply consume the brain of a man who knew the language to gain his knowledge, learning is for nerds.
Ah, so you're a fan of the Aztec method, eh? ;) I dunno, I've always found it somewhat equivalent to cheating, myself, and a real MAN doesn't need to cheat, naturally, as he's simply so awesome it becomes unnecessary. :p

Ah, so you're a fan of the Aztec method, eh? ;) I dunno, I've always found it somewhat equivalent to cheating, myself, and a real MAN doesn't need to cheat, naturally, as he's simply so awesome it becomes unnecessary. :p

Aztecs had free education to everyone...

Damn Communists...

Yup, that's the people's democratic empire of the aztecs

I actually really miss the vanilla music and intro. I keep trying to get into the G&K and now BNW stuff, but to me they are just not civ V. I want the elephant trumpet back :(

Agree, the vanilla theme and the menu are the best

Eww gross the lyrics are religious. I was going to change it back to the BNW theme, I think I'll stick to the vanilla one...

I don`t like the BNW theme at all, not cos it`s religious, I just don`t like the music. Wish they had something more classically instrumental.

Top Bottom