[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

Patch H
Will break savegames!
Includes all previous patches.

Changes:
- Restored the default mapsizes, because it seems, that these changes caused more crashes. So if you now play a standard map, you'll get a map with the same size like in vanilla. But remember: No water, more landterrain, worse performance. Play smaller mapsizes!
- Fixed 4 problems with textkeys
- pimped the AI a bit
- Changed the optical speed of the attack ship
- All units of the mutants get the promotion "mutant" as default promotion
- Changed one event

New things:
- New UU for Canada. Model was uploaded by Deliverator, animated by The_Coyote, and is converted from Empire Earth 2.
- New UU for the EU. Modell by The_Coyote
- New unit "Advanced Hovertank". Modell by Lord Tirian
- New model for the building wind channel. Modell by Lord Tirian
- New model for the wonder "the new star signs". Modell by Lord Tirian

I still need someone, who can confirm, that games with mapskripts don't run stable.
The should be a bit more stable now, but still not completly :(.

Patch I
Will break savegames!
Includes all previous patches.

- Fixes the (self introduced) bug with the completly stupid worker AI
- New model for the shinto missionary. Model by johny smith
- New model for geothermal heat resource. Model by FfH2 art team
- Mutant civilization starts now with peace with the barbarians
- All civs starts now with a "dummy" corporation ("base supply"). No big benefits, needs water, oxygen and ice. It's a helper for the AI, so that it'll know the worth of these resources. Idea is stolen from Dune Wars.
- Mutants will now appear longer.
- Higher appearance of mutants and barbarians
- Added a sea mutant. Model by FfH2 team. (appearance in late game has still to be done :blush:)
- Spread some promotions over the tech tree
- New model for the wonder weather control. Model by Lord Tirian
- Adapted Frekk's Slaver Promotion. Now infantry units can gain the promotion "scientist", which gives them a 25% chance of extracting some DNA after a combat with a mutant. DNA can be added to any infantry unit, or can give a small boost to the next technology. DNA model by Lord Tirian
- Some minor things.

The patchscript is supported by phungus, the icon is from deon :).

I would provide some screenshots, but my screenshot function fails :confused:.

And i still need somebody, who can can confirm, that all maps from Proteus to the end of the list are not stable.

Hmm, this looks interesting, but unfortunately, I cannot download from Atomic Gamer at all. Could you place it on another host? Not only does Atomic Gamer cheat by making you wait 5 minutes, but the download always stops between 30 and 89% and can't be recovered. :(

So, please, place this somewhere else.

Can I recommend FileFront? I always get good speeds there.

Knowing that you were using the install scripts I just released I checked it and the opening screen is all strange. You might want to change the names of things accordingly. Run the patch and read it, and you'll see what I mean. The top 3 defines are all variations on the mod name so that the opening and other install screens will sound right. You've set the names to be things that make it sound all funny though, anyway just look it over and it should be clear how to fix it. It's not a big issue, but it does just sound really wierd, and confusing right now, and you can fix it easily by just changing the names at the beggining of the script.

Can I recommend FileFront? I always get good speeds there.

I've looked a bit around:
Filefront: They use tracking cookies and webbugs, haven't read more...
StrategyInfomer: Can't find a privacy police.
Mediafire: Only 100 mb :(
Moddb: Requieres full name
Sourceforge: Requieres full name
Remixshare: Something is blocking my upload :dunno:.

I'm currently uploading to rapidshare, it says nearly 80 minutes.

Edit: Download from Rapidshare
Includes all patches.
The download from atomicgamer will be updated tomorrow.

Knowing that you were using the install scripts I just released I checked it and the opening screen is all strange. You might want to change the names of things accordingly. Run the patch and read it, and you'll see what I mean. The top 3 defines are all variations on the mod name so that the opening and other install screens will sound right. You've set the names to be things that make it sound all funny though, anyway just look it over and it should be clear how to fix it. It's not a big issue, but it does just sound really wierd, and confusing right now, and you can fix it easily by just changing the names at the beggining of the script.

It didn't bother me, i even had not recognized it.
I've compiled it again with the newest installation script, and even didn't have an eye on the text, so i can just hope, that it's not more the case :).

Well, it's nice to see your paranoia is in full swing. :crazyeye: Your name is now The Anarachy symbol man.
I hate Atomic Gamer...sorry about that. :) And you know, you could simply say, MY name is John Smith. It doesn't need your real name. And Filefront using tracking bugs? LOL wut! I like to have 9000! links to prove this. Because you're the first person to complain about this. Most other people say it's a pirate haven or something first...:(
And privacy Police, WTH? is that.
As for Remix, never heard of it. And no one wants to use Media Fire anyway. :)
OH, I'm not trying to give you too hard of a time, but my real name is not exactly something hidden from the world...

Both version, from atomic gamer and from rapidshare, are up-to-date now, with patch I included.

I hate Atomic Gamer...sorry about that. :) And you know, you could simply say, MY name is John Smith. It doesn't need your real name.

I know ;). But i don't know, if that's against their terms of use.

And Filefront using tracking bugs? LOL wut! I like to have 9000! links to prove this. Because you're the first person to complain about this. Most other people say it's a pirate haven or something first...:(

[URL="http://www.filefront.com/privacy.php"]Filefront[/URL] said:
Like many web sites, FileFront may also use pixel tags, also known as clear gifs, beacons, spotlight tags or web bugs, to improve our understanding of site traffic, visitor behavior, and response to promotional campaigns, as a supplement to our server logs and other methods of traffic and response measurement. Pixel tags are sometimes used in conjunction with small Javascript-based applications, also for the purpose of traffic measurement. We may also implement pixel tags provided by other companies for the same purpose. You can disable pixel tags by changing your browser settings to omit images and disable Javascript; or there are commercial software packages available that can omit pixel tags and most advertisements.

And privacy Police, WTH? is that.

This question is not a serious one, isn't it?

As for Remix, never heard of it. And no one wants to use Media Fire anyway. :)

Remixshare is a german filehoster, maybe because of that ;).

OH, I'm not trying to give you too hard of a time, but my real name is not exactly something hidden from the world...

I guess, you'll favor the "digital control" civic, and not the "data security" civic ;).

I'm all for Liberty and Freedom, my friend. Although I do love conquering the world. :)

And no, I don't know what a privacy police is. I never heard of it. Please explain it to me.
Maybe it's another country thing. Or maybe you mean Privacy policy?

I don't have a clue at all. Sorry. I am a bit easily confused.

Oh, and trust me when I say, you need more than a name to control someone. :)
Otherwise I could control you by saying, The_J!

And no, I don't know what a privacy police is. I never heard of it. Please explain it to me.
Maybe it's another country thing. Or maybe you mean Privacy policy?

Sorry :blush;, you're right.

Oh, and trust me when I say, you need more than a name to control someone. :)
Otherwise I could control you by saying, The_J!

Yes, you need the birthday, the address, and some things more ;).

Well I just saw you wanted some place to place the mod for downloading. I would always recommend sourceforge. Why? Because you don't have to send the entire file up every time. You can start your own SVN and when you update all you do is change the relevant files. Anyway you see what I have for Rapture. Same principle but you need another program to upload to a SVN. You can also revert backwards to file as well in the SVN if it gives problems. The easiest way is to upload an installer every so often and continue working a your mod in another folder. You do not have to worry about the file expiring and people do not have to wait on the download. Well just easier in my opinion anyway.

My experience with SVNs are that you have to go and compile the SVN yourself. :)
I'm not willing to play a mod where I have to recompile the source code myself.

I could be wrong, but most of the time I hear of SVN, Subversion Number, or something, I immediately thing of source code.
To The_J, why are you so paranoid, anyway?
A wise man said that paranoia is okay as long as people *are* out to get you.

I have no clue what you are talking about the compiling. You make a folder and upload that simple. Nothing to do with code. SVN not SDK.

Good suggestion with the SVN, but i don't have the nerves to configure a system atm :D.
We use tortoise at work, it makes the life easier if you have more than one team member, but for me, as nearly a one-man-team, i don't think i need it.
Also you can make it clearer with patches, why a download is recommed, because you can say clearly, what this time has happend. I guess, with a svn, maybe people will not update in a good interval.
But it's all probably a thing of your own taste :).

@David: You probably think of sourcecode and compiling, because svn is often used for software projects. But that's not a prerequisite, can be used for everything which changing versions (could also be a longer homework from school, whatever).

Paranioa: We're in the internet, google and big brother are watching us, that's reason enough :D.

Don't know about you, but google doesn't watch anyone. Sigh.
:facepalm: even.

Big Brother only exists in the novel 1984. Now, maybe your government watches the internet, but mine doesn't. It has better things to do. Like conquer France...
There's a fine line between paranoia, and insanity. Don't cross that line. :(
It's very small.

Top Bottom