Winter is Coming to Civ

nokmirt

Emperor
Winter is Coming to Civ

Screenshots

Spoiler :

A mod centered around the War of the Five Kings from A Song of Fire and Ice.

I have added 28 new wonders. Nine of these are castle wonders, that provide a free castle and other bonuses. These nine castles can only be built in the proper place. Winterfell Castle can only be built in Winterfell. Dragonstone Castle, only in Dragonstone etc. Daenerys is able to build the Pyramid of Meereen, and Drogo the Horse Gate. Mance Rayder does not get a castle wonder, but he can build other wonders when available. The Triple Walls of Qarth wonder icons do not work right, but the wonder can be built with Masonry. I have extended the map on the west side of Westeros to make for larger naval battles. Daenerys and Doran should also build larger fleets. The techtree has been fixed with a mentoring tech, which works in the same way as future tech. The fog of war has been re-added and the map becomes completely visible with Banking. The diplomacy dialogue for all the house leaders is also fixed.

Luir and VIRTUABOZA are the authors of this mod. They created the mod to begin with.

Credits for this mod go to Reedstilt who created the wonders.

This is a mod based on the book series by George R.R. Martin, A Song of Ice and Fire, and the HBO show Game of Thrones. This mod requires the Gods and Kings and Brave New World Expansions.

Features include: Written by Luir

- Custom maps with start position scenarios:
Westeros Finished, which contains Westeros and Essos on a large map.

- Civs and Leaders:
The Stormlands - Renly Baratheon
Dothraki Khalasar - Drogo
The Iron Islands - Balon Greyjoy
The Westerlands - Tywin Lanniser
The Crownlands - Stannis Baratheon
The North - Robb Stark
House Targaryen - Daenerys Stormborn
The Reach - Mace Tyrell
Dorne - Doran Martell
The Riverlands - Edmure Tully
Free Folk - Mance Rayder
The Vale - Petyr Baelish

- Every Civ has a unique trait, special units/buildings, and city names appropriate to their house.

- Religions:
The Seven
The Old Gods
R'hllor
The Drowned God
The Great Stallion
The Many-Faced God

- Great People and Spy Names come from characters in the series, techs end in the Renaissance Era, and other nice features!

Updated mod here on Steam.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=494792221

Dropbox download here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qjn7k03mxw73z8/Winter%20is%20Coming%20to%20Civ%20%28v%2011%29.zip?dl=0

Came here thinking that this was a mod that integrated seasons into the game....

I'm really enjoying this particular variant of Civ Game of Thrones MOD. Would say it's the best because you build up on what Mod of Ice and Fire.

Bug report: I built the Wonder that gives the free Great Pyramid(which gives +15EXP and Commander). I'm not sure whether I got the Commander(as I was a warmonger) but I definitely know that my units do not get the +15EXP from it. When built I see that they get 45EXP(Barracks+the other one) but I only get to select 2 promotions not 3.

Suggestion: Is there a chance that you could in the Others(as Wildlings), they would start out far in the North in the North West and they could end slowly build up and the there could only be 1 unit(Dragon Glass Knight?) that could DMG them and the only way to build that unit would be to have access to Obsidian which should be extremely rare(like there should only be 5 in total on the game).

Would add in a nice flare to the game.

I'm really enjoying this particular variant of Civ Game of Thrones MOD. Would say it's the best because you build up on what Mod of Ice and Fire.

Bug report: I built the Wonder that gives the free Great Pyramid(which gives +15EXP and Commander). I'm not sure whether I got the Commander(as I was a warmonger) but I definitely know that my units do not get the +15EXP from it. When built I see that they get 45EXP(Barracks+the other one) but I only get to select 2 promotions not 3.

Suggestion: Is there a chance that you could in the Others(as Wildlings), they would start out far in the North in the North West and they could end slowly build up and the there could only be 1 unit(Dragon Glass Knight?) that could DMG them and the only way to build that unit would be to have access to Obsidian which should be extremely rare(like there should only be 5 in total on the game).

I will look into it. Was it the Great Pyramid of Meereen?

The mod has been updated there is a link to dropbox in the OP. The steam link is for the old mod. I will fix that soon.

I will look into it. Was it the Great Pyramid of Meereen?

The mod has been updated there is a link to dropbox in the OP. The steam link is for the old mod.

Steam link in the OP has been updated.

Been playing this the last couple of weeks. Its really fun.

I updated the map however. I felt like there wasn't enough room for empire building, so I stretched the width of Wessos to give the Stormlands, Eyrie, and Tullies more room. I also stretched Dorne south. Doubled the width of the wall, and gave Castle Black all 3 keeps (I didn't know city-states could start with more than 1 city. I also didn't know that a city-state could conquer and keep a city, but Castle Black is now the proud owner of Caster's Keep in my Tully game).

The Tully archers are insanely powerful with 2 shots a turn. Lannister's ability to buy any city-state is crazy strong as well. Those happen to be my two favorite civs to play.

Wish list:
1) even on marathon, the end of the tech tree comes quickly. I would love to see more techs. I admit I don't play with victory conditions, though, so this may be a fairly unique perspective.

2) possibly a larger map? Isn't there a way to make huge maps even bigger? Then you could turn some of the city-states into new civs (the Boltons?) and add in more city-states.

A new version of this mod was released recently with a new developer taking it over, to ensure bugs are ironed out. It was this week's most popular download on Steam!

I also started my goal of becoming a YouTuber and with it I launched my first series on Civilization V with the Winter is Coming to Civ Deluxe mod. So far it's awesome.

If you'd like to check out this mod and my playthrough here's the link to the first episode:

Link to video.

Any love through likes, subscribes and comments would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Luke

Are the dependents listed anywhere? It seems to load the mod ok, but then gives me an error with a missing portrait, seems to be Petyrs mountain knight.
Thanks

Great game, really enjoying it :)
One more request though...
Any chance of a direct link for the Winter Events and Decisions mod?
Thanks again

Could I get the Civs separately? I don't want the full overhaul. Pretty please?

Top Bottom