Most Anticipated New Civilization

Which civilization do you anticipate the most in the new expansion?

• Netherlands

Votes: 91 24.8%
  • Mayans

Votes: 60 16.3%
  • Byzantines

Votes: 72 19.6%
  • Carthaginians

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • Celts

Votes: 75 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Carthaginians are done well enough, them. Otherwise, the Celts are one of my reoccurring favorites.

Byzantines! Who will the leader be? How will Byzantium's unique military and faith based bonuses be incorporated (we only know they get a 6th faith bonus so far)? Will the leader speak Greek or Latin? Will there be fire ships? What will the music be based on? Etc etc.

I'm looking forward to the Dutch. Being able to do something to marshes should be pretty nice.

Also, I like the colour orange.

Out of these five. Definitely The Celts
Boudica, exciting UA giving a bonus to the new religion concept, possibly a good UI (hoping for Dun) and I like playing with improvements, and strong/usefull UU (Pictish Warrior). Did I mention Boudica already? ;)

Looks like they also have Blue/White colour scheme. The one I was hoping the Finnish Civ would get (albeit I haven't had my hopes up for their inclusion). Guess the Celts are closest Civ for me to "roleplay" Ancient Finland :D

The mayans, but carthage and the celts came close! But the mayans were teased to have an interesting UA so they win for me.

Out of these five. Definitely The Celts
Boudica, exciting UA giving a bonus to the new religion concept, possibly a good UI (hoping for Dun) and I like playing with improvements, and strong/usefull UU (Pictish Warrior). Did I mention Boudica already? ;)

Looks like they also have Blue/White colour scheme. The one I was hoping the Finnish Civ would get (albeit I haven't had my hopes up for their inclusion). Guess the Celts are closest Civ for me to "roleplay" Ancient Finland :D

I thought from the pics that Celts get a blue and green colours?

I'll say we get Sweden before Finland, actually swedes are a Civ I predict might make to the expansion and everyones jaw drops open. :lol:

I'm looking forward to the Dutch. Being able to do something to marshes should be pretty nice.

Also, I like the colour orange.

I also like the colour orange (due to a strange obsession I had as a child with Michelangelo - turtle not sculptor).

I am looking forward to the Byzantines slightly more than the others but they're all pretty mouth watering.

I thought from the pics that Celts get a blue and green colours?

I'll say we get Sweden before Finland, actually swedes are a Civ I predict might make to the expansion and everyones jaw drops open. :lol:

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/02/b3347b98b6d162aa7f47f4f155f7ecde.jpg
To me this looked like Blue/White Celtic icon (Pictish Warrior)

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/9/2012/02/6287442e8b2a667821e64bdbdcbd3e25.jpg
But here it clearly looks Green/Blue. Looks like my eyes were wrong here...

If we do get Sweden, I hope they have Hakkapeliitta as a unique unit :D

If we do get Sweden, I hope they have Hakkapeliitta as a unique unit :D

If I were adding the Swedes, it would be Hakkapeliitta and Light Artillery as the two units.

However, I do wish the cavalry had an easier to spell name ;)

The Carthaginians.

I just want Hannibal to wipe the Romans out of the face of the planet, once and for all :scan:

Byzantines! If I had to bet, I'd say they get two UUs, the Dromon and the Cataphract, though a UB that helps religion would be a pretty awesome building with their focus being on religion.

Out of the ones listed, I have been waiting for the "Scourge of Rome" to make an appearance. Afterall, Rome needs a punching bag! The Celts would be my second choice.

Oh, and to texdionis... :p

I can't wait for leader music!

Excellent point! The soundtrack for the original 18 is stellar, I hope they release another soundtrack with the DLC and the expansion Civs.

You forgot to include an "other" choice. There are still four other civs that we do not know the identities.

Since we don't really know what the other Civ's are, it would probably be better to repeat this pole once we DO know them all.

Maya y u no get more votes?

Because everybody is afraid of their calendar!

Excellent point! The soundtrack for the original 18 is stellar, I hope they release another soundtrack with the DLC and the expansion Civs.

If you use Winamp and possess the actual DLC you can already have them since WinAmp reads .ogg files very well (which is the way music is stored)

Yeah, if I had to pick the music I'm looking forward to the most, it would be the Celts (Irish music ftw!). I think the least interesting will be the Dutch. No offense, but it'll probably be classical European music, which tends to blend together compared to the more exotic-sounding themes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom