Most Anticipated New Civilization

Which civilization do you anticipate the most in the new expansion?

• Netherlands

Votes: 91 24.8%
  • Mayans

Votes: 60 16.3%
  • Byzantines

Votes: 72 19.6%
  • Carthaginians

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • Celts

Votes: 75 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted the Celts as DLC since day 1. I even made myself a Celtic wallpaper for my laptop when I found out about them being in G&K to get hyped about them.

I think Kal-el's Celtic civ is what really made me want one. That and the possibility of a double pack with Carthage before I realized doublepacks aren't likely to happen outside of Spain/Inca.

I wanted to vote for the Huns. Really.

I'm very excited for the Byzantines, whom I loved in both Civ3 and Civ4. I hope they have both the Cataphract and Dromon this time around.:cool:

It only happened once. It happened because they promised they'd do one long before they actually started making the DLC. They've had other opportunities since then but went in different directions. When you sell two civs together, you sell it at a discounted price. Since civs are the most expensive thing to make, they've discovered it's more economical to sell the civs with a map pack or a world wonders pack instead. That way the discount doesn't outweigh the cost of making the civ in the first place.

I'm not saying they won't. I'm just saying, based on my reading of the tea leaves, it doesn't seem very likely.

I wanted to vote for the Huns. Really.
I made the poll before we knew the Huns would be in, so no Huns. When we find out the identity of another civ, I'll make a new poll and have this one closed.

I made the poll before we knew the Huns would be in, so no Huns. When we find out the identity of another civ, I'll make a new poll and have this one closed.

I voted Carthage, because I want to create two Punic War scenarios. I have tons of info on those wars. Not sure if I'll get around to it though. I have a lot to learn about modding this game. Civ 3 and 4 I can mod all day long. We need the .dll for CiV badly.

In the new poll I will vote for the Huns. Unless the unknown choice is better.

Why not wait for all of them in that case?

Im looking forward to the expansion pack but the fact they haven't choose Justinian is a huge let down for me....oh well I will enjoy the return of religion.

Yes, I don't mind Dido instead of the assumed Hannibal, but I am a bit disappointed by the lack of Justinian. That could have been done so well with the art in Civilisation V.

Personally, I cannot wait for the Dutch. Having been disappointed with the current naval Civs (England and the Ottomans), hopefully the Dutch's "Trading Company" UA will bring much more to the table than "Barbary Corsairs" or "Sun Never Sets". Additionally, the strengthening of naval warfare in G&K will definitely make naval Civs more important then they are now...

Im looking forward to the expansion pack but the fact they haven't choose Justinian is a huge let down for me....oh well I will enjoy the return of religion.

I'm disappointed they didn't choose Alexios Komnenos or Basil I. At least Theodora will likely speak Greek, which will deemphasize their ancient origins and emphasize their role as a Medieval civilization.

BTW, speaking of the Byzantines. Do people think their ability works if they don't get a religion? Not that it would be the only civ where the ability isn't used (Spain is limited if it doesn't discover wonders first), but it's the only one that would be binary based on in-game actions.

I'm disappointed they didn't choose Alexios Komnenos or Basil I. At least Theodora will likely speak Greek, which will deemphasize their ancient origins and emphasize their role as a Medieval civilization.

BTW, speaking of the Byzantines. Do people think their ability works if they don't get a religion? Not that it would be the only civ where the ability isn't used (Spain is limited if it doesn't discover wonders first), but it's the only one that would be binary based on in-game actions.

WE don't know their full UA, all we know is the get a bonus belief. A lot of nations have additional bonuses.

Back to the original topic . . . the first game of CivII I ever played was as Carthage, so I look back to going back to Carthage. I don't know, they always just seemed like a "cool" civ to pick at the time . . .

Maya. Just to give us another civilization over here. It was getting lonely!

[plus its 2012]

Yes, I don't mind Dido instead of the assumed Hannibal, but I am a bit disappointed by the lack of Justinian. That could have been done so well with the art in Civilisation V.

I've searched the net and have yet to find any "official" announcement about them using Theodora for the Byzantines. So at the moment I'm still holding onto hope for Justinian.

Anyone heared if they are goign to add the USSR?

Why on earth woudl they add USSR if we already have Russia? Doesn't really make sense to me.

And I think Theodora was confirmed somewhere.

I've searched the net and have yet to find any "official" announcement about them using Theodora for the Byzantines. So at the moment I'm still holding onto hope for Justinian.

click

While we were playing, we saw that Queen Theodora was secretly plotting against Dido, the queen of Carthage.

Anyone heared if they are goign to add the USSR?

That's probably as likely as the addition of the 3rd Reich, GDR and modern germany.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom