Most Anticipated New Civilization

Which civilization do you anticipate the most in the new expansion?

• Netherlands

Votes: 91 24.8%
  • Mayans

Votes: 60 16.3%
  • Byzantines

Votes: 72 19.6%
  • Carthaginians

Votes: 69 18.8%
  • Celts

Votes: 75 20.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine they would. I mean, people like to know what's in a product they're paying for, so there'll be a point where holding back information to steadily build hype won't be as advantageous as telling everyone all the details. Especially seeing as civs are presumably one of the better marketing tools (see the Dutch articles talking about the inclusion of the Dutch).

i could see them maybe keeping quiet on one civilization until the very last minute, but not on 3 or 4 of them.

I imagine they would. I mean, people like to know what's in a product they're paying for, so there'll be a point where holding back information to steadily build hype won't be as advantageous as telling everyone all the details. Especially seeing as civs are presumably one of the better marketing tools (see the Dutch articles talking about the inclusion of the Dutch).

Someone once suggested that the devs are trying to represent ethnicites from all around the world as their "golden age" counterparts.
For example, Eastern Europe as the Huns.
I agree with the civs being a huge factor in marketing in this sense.

i could see them maybe keeping quiet on one civilization until the very last minute, but not on 3 or 4 of them.

Which civs do you want added awesome?

Well that explains it.

Need a new poll then
I think it was stated that once few more civs are announced a new poll will be posted.
Yes. Yes it was.
I made the poll before we knew the Huns would be in, so no Huns. When we find out the identity of another civ, I'll make a new poll and have this one closed.
I think they'll announce at least one more civ before releasing it. They might leave one or two unannounced until the last minute, but doing so might hurt their initial sales.
I actually would love Tibet, especially with religion being added in, they could easily get faith from hills or mountains nearby.
I could see that happening. But there's another thread that's more appropriate for that discussion.

Which civs do you want added awesome?

oh, i didn't even see this post before. i've already said it in the other thread, but ethiopia would be great for more fun with religion. i'd also like another native american group, possibly pueblo or inuit for an improvement to a tile that's normally unusable right now (desert and snow, respectively). for the last one, i'm not really picky. zulu's always fun and possible, but i'm not sure if i'd prefer them or something asian.

and i can't remember if i said who i voted for in the poll or not, but i think i remember voting for carthage.

Celts, Celts and more Celts. I miss my one v. one Celts vs Rome games in Civ IV.:mischief:

Someone once suggested that the devs are trying to represent ethnicites from all around the world as their "golden age" counterparts.
For example, Eastern Europe as the Huns.
I agree with the civs being a huge factor in marketing in this sense.

The Huns were the golden age of Eastern Europe??????? Seriously:lol:

Huns, now! Turn 1, get a worker out, rush towards early wonders with my untouchable production and enjoy a conquest edge throughout the whole game as my veteran Battering Rams' city promotion transfers up through pikemen and riflemen.

Any guess on who the last civ is???

I'd like to see the Sioux, Pueblo, Apache, Comance or something like that to go with the Iroquois.

Tibet is another choice. Belgium would be interesting.

Venice could be another choice, although it is a city state. Especially for the "Into the Renaissance" scenario.

Portugal could be the ninth civ though. They would fit quite well into the theme of this expansion IMO.

I feel it's gotta be something from Asia, but I'm not exactly confident.

I feel it's gotta be something from Asia, but I'm not exactly confident.

Most likely Asia or North America. I am not sure either though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom