Maya

Nikola

Chieftain
What do you think would be their special ability?In rise of nations for an example was somethinng about architecture.

It's been hinted at that their UA is related to their special calender.

Anything else is just speculations, but here's mine:

Starting when they finish researching Calender, and then again after every new Era they enter, the Mayans get a boost to Great Person generation.

Mayan special ability
future sight
when they discover calender you know you MUST win the game by dec 2012 becuase thats when the game automaticly shuts down :D

Why is this not closed yet?

Because this thread is about an UA, not about a potential civ to be included in future civ games ;).

Ontopic: I think bcaiko is right, but not sure if I misremember some speculation from elsewhere here.

I've said it before, I'm pretty nervous about this calendar ability. I hope they don't do anything stupid....

I've said it before, I'm pretty nervous about this calendar ability. I hope they don't do anything stupid....

I agree, there are quite a lot of interesting things they can do in relation to the Maya Calendar, just please friaxis no 2012 malarkey (the steam achievement is enough in this regard)

I thought that I heard somewhere that the Maya 'would be working on a different calendar to everyone else'. Maybe their ability is that, in the event that they are first in point score in 2012, they will win an early time victory - thereby giving them two opportunities to win by time. I'd prefer something along the lines of getting a boost each age though - that seems like a much better suggestion.

I thought that I heard somewhere that the Maya 'would be working on a different calendar to everyone else'. Maybe their ability is that, in the event that they are first in point score in 2012, they will win an early time victory - thereby giving them two opportunities to win by time. I'd prefer something along the lines of getting a boost each age though - that seems like a much better suggestion.

Umm... What?

I doubt it has anything to do with a time victory. That would be too punishing on longer speeds.

Here's my theory:

They get a special extra icon on the page that lets you know what season it is, and the season changes every turn, with a rotation of four seasons, Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
Winter: Better attack bonus when defending
Spring: Units get extra movement
Summer: Better attack bonus when attacking
Fall: Units heal quicker.

Oh and a free atomic bomb at year 2012 :D

For myself, I had thought that the Mayans would get a differing bonus depending on the Age they are in.

+1 <insert commodity> per City/4 pop/something per turn

Ancient: Faith
Classical: Culture
Medieval: Food
Renaissance: Gold
Enlightenment: Science
Industrial: Production
Modern: Happiness
Future: Everything

Same. Am completely afraid they will make it lame and try and play on the false 2012 hysteria.

For myself, I had thought that the Mayans would get a differing bonus depending on the Age they are in.

Yea we had been thinking something like this.

Like every certain amount of turns though instead you would get a bonus (Certain amount of turns after calender) but I like how you specialized it on era.

Gucumatz: Thanks. Looking back at that list, I would switch Modern and Renaissance.

Of course, if the 'new age' is the Colonial/Imperial period, give it the Gold, and Renaissance Science.

Yeah, that would work more. Really, I would hate to play a Civ that is known to lose a lot of happiness at a certain point.

You could also switch Ancient (Faith) with Medieval (Food).

The eras in Civ World had boni like that. It seems kind of generic for a UA though.

Top Bottom