Hulfgar's Modpacks - Industrial and Complete Edition

Hi Hulfgar,

Adding on to the above compatibility question, can your mod work well with the City State Diplomacy mod by Gazebo too?

I've found a CTD bug with the graphics for the Huey helicopter so here is

I highly recommend all players to download this new version to avoid any issue with the Huey Heli.

LoupySnoopy I don't remember any issue with CSD, I will look into it to have a better idea.

How to Install it so it works with Multipayer i cant see installation guides?

I cant find a link that works in Multiplayer??

I just wanted to express my appreciation for your amazing modpacks, Hulfgar!

Very nice features and so many cool new units and buildings!
And the concept of offering complete modpacks (even for multiplayer!) is very good, too!

Thanks and keep up the good work! :thumbsup:

Hi everybody,

A new update for the Industrial Edition

Version 17b1 :

Ammunition factory : cost 50% less to build, gives 10 ammunition instead of 15.

When a Civ has discovered Cannon Foundry any Palisade or Motte and Bailey Castle will be removed from its cities.
When a Civ has discovered Rifling any wall will be removed from its cities.
When a Civ has discovered Rifling any Castle will be removed from its cities and replaced by a version without defense bonus.
Add the City Fortification has defense building. Available with Ballistics.

Increased the cost for all Carriers
Carrier maximal number is now 6 per player.

Land unit defense penalty vs bombers down to 50%

Fixed AA battery skin changed for Sharick's Flak 88, converted by Wolfdog

Merged Barbarian Immersion in the mod.
Barbarian Immersion is from Leugi with corrections from Serp.

This new version requires Hulfgars Modpack ArtFiles v11 and is probably NOT savegame compatible!

Hi Knuckledragger,
I don't think that I could add this Client States Mod because it would (most probably) require DLL coding and I don't know how to do that.
However you could try Putmalk's Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod, the last time I used it it worked fine with my mod.

Hello again Hulfgar,

Nice update, but shouldn't whether those defense buildings provide bonuses depend on the tech level of the attacker rather than the defender?

Also, I promise this is the last suggestion I will bombard you with for now, but I had another variant of my "realistic war costs" idea that I want to bring up, which I think might be easier to code. Every turn, an events and decisions-like screen gives the player two choices-"Put Units on War Footing" or "Keep Units in Garrison." (or the reverse, if the civ is already at war) Units in garrison have normal unit maintenance costs but have massively reduced combat strength if they end up having to fight. If a player chooses "War Footing" units have normal combat strength but have massively increased maintenance costs. Again, if these ideas of mine are highly impractical, don't hesitate to tell me and I will stop bringing them up. Finally, I would like to say again what a great mod this is!

Hello Ferris,

but shouldn't whether those defense buildings provide bonuses depend on the tech level of the attacker rather than the defender?

It would be the best thing.
Because even if you have reached rifling you can still be attacked by swordsmen and in this case walls are quite effectiv of course.

However a civ in the medieval era is not very likely to declare war on a civ in the industrial era and in history most cities have dismantled their walls to gain some place.

Should it be possible to code it, I'm not sure that it's worth the headache, not to mention that more Lua code will slow down the game a little more. Honestly I prefer to work on a way to make war more costly.

But you have good ideas, don't hesitate to share them, I may find a way to put some in the mod.

Hi hulfgar. Thank you for taking acount my comment on ammunition factory. You are doing a great job with this mod.

About the removal of wall and castle, don't you think it will penalize civ that build the red fort wonder? Perhaps you could modify the red fort, granting it a free defense building in every cities.

I also have few remarks for balance about the mode.

1- science: i think the science need to be rescaled because ages doesn't correspond anymore with the real calendar, most of the time. Perhaps you could reduce the science cost of every tech by 10% or even better, rescale in order that the total of science cost for each age is equal to the total of science cost of the same age in the vanilla version of the game.

2- culture: i think that buildings are too much rewarding compared to other elements (great works, landmark, etc...) this has for conséquence to penalize some interesring gameplay. A Solution could be to reduce à little the amount of culture get from building (5 down to 3 for exemple) and in the same time raise the amount of culture from landmark that are currently useless.

3- social policies : a lot of mods try to rebalance the social policies. I m not an expert on this, i only tried one but do you think you could integrate such a mod in yours? It'd be great!

I let you and other player give their idea about it. Thank you once again for your job.

Skippy

Hi Hulfgar,

I really love this mod, but the same problem with crashing is just extremely annoying. I've played several games with your mod 'til now and everytime when the game reaches around 170 rounds or so the game freezes on certain CPU turns. I tried to use IGE to find out why and hell, even selecting the problem country crashes the game when IGE attempts to change into their POV! :shake:

So here I have the save uploaded here with the Logs and hope you can do some troubleshooting with them. :)
View attachment MaxSave.rar

I'm currently running on Win 10 with these mods:
CE 10.3
ArtFiles v10
Modern ArtFiles v6
IGE
Really Advanced Setup
Perfect World 3
CSD

So... uh... help, please? Thanks.

OMG!

Hi Hulfgar. I applaud your commitment to this mod! I think it's been about two years since I last played, and was just doing a bit of lurking. Congrats man, you are tempting me to re-install civ 5.

Hello MaxCheng95,

thanks for the save and the log files I will see if I can find what is crashing is the game.

Hi Bslade,

welcome back, there has been quite some modifications in 2 years, your opinion would be welcome :)

Thanks Hulfgar. :)

And by the way, I forgot to tell you that the save game is saved right before the crash. It's during Demark's turn and there should be a trade request from Celts that I always accept.

Hi Hulfgar,

I really love this mod, but the same problem with crashing is just extremely annoying. I've played several games with your mod 'til now and everytime when the game reaches around 170 rounds or so the game freezes on certain CPU turns. I tried to use IGE to find out why and hell, even selecting the problem country crashes the game when IGE attempts to change into their POV! :shake:

So here I have the save uploaded here with the Logs and hope you can do some troubleshooting with them. :)
View attachment 400353

I'm currently running on Win 10 with these mods:
CE 10.3
ArtFiles v10
Modern ArtFiles v6
IGE
Really Advanced Setup
Perfect World 3
CSD

So... uh... help, please? Thanks.

I've never managed to get CSD to work with the mod. I'd also ditch Really Advanced set up.

CSD actually worked perfectly with Hulfgar's and I tried several games before I even know CSD exists, still the same issue.

Out of interest, what version of CSD did you manage to get working with the mod? There are at least 3 I know of; one with a DLL, one without that has some features relating to the World Congress removed and another that works with the Community Patch.

Hulfgar,it has been awhile since I last made a comment. Much has changed in the past year with your mods. I like what you have done. Even though the country's national units have been faithfully rendered (thanks for using the Red Tails), I was a little sad to see the actual unit names have been removed and replaced with generic unit names. I think I understand why you did made it, but even still. I do have an issue though. The first is the Synthetic Petrol Plant. Try as I might, I can't get the plant to produce oil or kerosene. I have a fair amount of time with this game....but I still can't get them to produce. Thanks again for all the work you and the various other users have done to make this a MUST have mod.

Hello Eurirusty,

I was a little sad to see the actual unit names have been removed and replaced with generic unit names.
To use the real unit names I had to make a unique unit of each unit for each civ.
It made for too much units in the game and it was a lot of work to code. But I shall have a closer look to see if there is a solution to have real unit names bound to the Civ.

The first is the Synthetic Petrol Plant. Try as I might, I can't get the plant to produce oil or kerosene. I have a fair amount of time with this game....but I still can't get them to produce.
Could you send me a savegame and the log files?

Thanks for your support and patience!

Top Bottom