Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

EUI isn't compatible with this mod. It sucks because EUI is a must have for me :( I hope someone shows how to make EUI compatible.

Hmm.. there exist several versions of C4DF out there. The one I tried did work, except the trading of technologies was not shown correctly.

Here is my thread (with no replies):
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=546206

I just uploaded my changed files there. They did not solve the technology issue, but maybe they solve your issue?

It appears that cIV Diplo cannot work with other modifications. I'm currently running E&D, InfoAddict, and Quiet Diplo. I'm getting the same screen as shown above. Furthermore, when I attempted to speak about another civilization, it declared war. Finally, the diplomacy pulldown tab was bugged, showing that I had not met anyone (I had met 5 or so city states, as well as 2 civilizations), and that I was playing as the USA (I was playing as the Maya).

[snip]So my discuss page when talking with another leader looks like this... No other mods besides EUI are running at this time. Also the buttons don't do what they say (such as that bottom button declares war).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks!

which mod adds that if your smart you'll stay away with me text? :lol:

Just downloaded and ran an older version (V8). As far as I can tell, all the typical features work (tech trading, vassalage, opinion, etc...), short of espionage. When I attempted to use my spy (playing as Babylon), it showed a bugged graphic for the nation that was partially the american symbol, partially a translucent white. Furthermore, none of the cities on the map appear, nor any of my own cities.

Currently running:
JFD's Soviet Union (Lenin)
Tomatekh's Xia (Erlitou)i
Quiet Diplomacy
Infoaddict

EDIT:
In further playing, it appears that the intrigue screen is also bugged, and nothing will show there (Earlier, Napoleon had informed me of Ashurbanipal's hostile intentions toward me). Furthermore, any further spies you accumulate will not be visible (I had entered the industrial era). As for the barbarians, they appear to have gone psychotic, with one swordsman running around between my four (9 tiles apart) cities before I shot him and put an end to his misery. Barbarians have been seen as landsknechts, one having attacked Dur-Kurigalzu.

Finally, the most aggravating, it appears that Civ IV Diplo Features overrides the beautiful (and quiet) notifications of QD.

EDIT TWO:
Continuing on, I notice that liberating city states is not permitted, with none of the options (Puppet, Annex, Raze, Liberate) appearing at all. Instead, I then got a city that I had hoped to liberate. Second off, you can only send trade routes to the first 3 city states you meet (tested with cargo ships), although others can send trade routes to you. It doesn't matter who has the city states (Assyria controlled Buenos Aires, I could send a trade route to them), or your relationship status (I was at war with them). You also are unable to send more than one trade route (tested with cargo ships) to a destination, even if you use different cities.

I'm using these mods -

Faster Aircraft Animation
UI - Overlay resources
Antiquity site icon filter
Barbarians unlimited exp
The goths civ
Nazca civ

Will this mod work ? Will I face any compatible issues ?

:)

Any other people out there want to give this a quick test?

This may be a bit late, but I've been playing with your modified version of C4DF + VMC(v66) for several games now, and everything is working just fine! :goodjob:

(Though I still have to test the vassalage-system in detail.)

Wow, how so? I'm trying to use EUI-Community Patch-C4DF (whoward's upload) with some minor stuff mostly from whoward, but getting a myriad of weird UI problems. Like no tech names shown when AI makes an offer, diplomacy screen not opening (though that was fixed by deleting DiploList.lua) and text codes istead of texts on ui (ex: diplo_request_help in place of request help, which weirdly fixed itself when I tried some other mod combinations, but now I'm unable to get rid of that again). Any help would be much appreciated, or at least we could create a conflicting mods list to make life easier - I found that Civ names by policies disabled the diplomacy screen when used with c4df-eui

This may be a bit late, but I've been playing with your modified version of C4DF + VMC(v66) for several games now, and everything is working just fine! :goodjob:

(Though I still have to test the vassalage-system in detail.)

Wow, how so? I'm trying to use EUI-Community Patch-C4DF (whoward's upload) with some minor stuff mostly from whoward, but getting a myriad of weird UI problems. Like no tech names shown when AI makes an offer, diplomacy screen not opening (though that was fixed by deleting DiploList.lua) and text codes istead of texts on ui (ex: diplo_request_help in place of request help, which weirdly fixed itself when I tried some other mod combinations, but now I'm unable to get rid of that again). Any help would be much appreciated, or at least we could create a conflicting mods list to make life easier - I found that Civ names by policies disabled the diplomacy screen when used with c4df-eui

When using the Community Patch, you will need Gazebo's version of C4DF.
That said, this one won't work without CBP, CSD and the Compatibility Patch, but includes many bugfixes.

You can find everything right there.

Yeah, no I just hoped that as the CP was based on VMC it would work for that also. But seems there is no way other than installing CBP too, so no c4df for me then.

When using the Community Patch, you will need Gazebo's version of C4DF.
That said, this one won't work without CBP, CSD and the Compatibility Patch, but includes many bugfixes.

You can find everything right there.

edit: well it wasn't actually that hard to make a compatible version of c4df, I'll upload it soon.

Hi Guys,

First of all, damn man i love your mod !!!! Makes diplomacy better a thousand times

As a non native english speaker i need your help to check if this mod is working correctly for me, sometimes AI makes contact with me telling me "We 'd like to purchase a technology from you. Is this acceptable ?"

They usually offer gold + some ressources but there is no technology displayed.

My point : Is the AI offering this against one of my technologies ? (means everything is working correctly for me) or he is asking a specific technology i have but nothing appears

Thanks for your help

This is a common bug in all current versions of C4DF (original, whoward's, CBP's).
They usally want the tech you've researched just the turn before they offered the trade. Just add this one, and the deal will work.

Yeah, no I just hoped that as the CP was based on VMC it would work for that also. But seems there is no way other than installing CBP too, so no c4df for me then.

edit: well it wasn't actually that hard to make a compatible version of c4df, I'll upload it soon.

Not exactly- you can use the CP with C4DF, but you'll need to delete the DLL file from the 'official' copy of C4DF and use that.

G

Oh, I thought they would conflict as both include modified versions of same lua files and that causes UI issues etc. So there could be multiple luas and there is no need to merge those? Thanks!

Not exactly- you can use the CP with C4DF, but you'll need to delete the DLL file from the 'official' copy of C4DF and use that.

G

Oh, I thought they would conflict as both include modified versions of same lua files and that causes UI issues etc. So there could be multiple luas and there is no need to merge those? Thanks!

The files will attempt to overwrite each other, so yeah, you'd need to delete the CP LUA folder to be safe.

G

Would that disable any CP features? Rather go with CP if that's the case

The files will attempt to overwrite each other, so yeah, you'd need to delete the CP LUA folder to be safe.

G

Top Bottom