Civ IV Diplomacy Features Mod

I can't be sure of that. I need a full list.

Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 7) (latest 7)
InfoAddict (v 19)
City States Leaders for G+K (v 5)
Global - GA Happiness (v 1)
Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 3)
City Banner Plus (v 1)
Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 20)
Edit: forgot again ; Hex Conquer and Release (v 3)

Mostly graphical.

Edit: I am getting a crash at Netherlands' turn I think it might be because they are my vassal but has no more cities left.
Edit2: Declaring war on him fixed the crash, because no more vassal obviously.
Edit3: We can no longer gift tech to AI? I recall being able to do that. http://prntscr.com/1auk93

I have little trouble in Hotseat.

The "demand" Button changes not to "request" by Player 2,
but it works as "request".

We have many other Mods (the List is to long),
but for Player 1, works it fine.

demand = Fordern
request = Bitten

Player 1

Player 2

I have little trouble in Hotseat.

The "demand" Button changes not to "request" by Player 2,
but it works.

We have many other Mods (the List is to long),
but for Player 1, works it fine.

demand = Fordern
request = Bitten

Player 1

Player 2

Thanks! You guys are awesome for bug reports!

Thanks! You guys are awesome for bug reports!

You're welcome!

"Display the "Grant us independence or else!" button regardless of whether or not the human can actually end the vassalage. If he cannot, provide a reason why."

Doesn't seems to work -> http://prntscr.com/1aupad

That's for Human my bad, would be cool for the master though.
"Tweaked warmonger evaluation: declaring war should have less warmonger weight, but capturing another civilization's capital will increase the warmonger score to make up for it. "
Question, is this for original capital only ?

Edit: The AI still manage to become a vassal even if they don't have any city, I assume in 50 turns my game will crash. So now the goal is to kill all his units before that!
Edit2: We fought against a common foe still there for vassals. As you can see in screenshot above.

Civ IV Diplomatic Features (v 7) (latest 7)
InfoAddict (v 19)
City States Leaders for G+K (v 5)
Global - GA Happiness (v 1)
Calypso's Colored Religious Icons (Basic) (v 3)
City Banner Plus (v 1)
Yet (not) Another Earth Maps Pack (v 20)
Edit: forgot again ; Hex Conquer and Release (v 3)

Mostly graphical.

Edit: I am getting a crash at Netherlands' turn I think it might be because they are my vassal but has no more cities left.
Edit2: Declaring war on him fixed the crash, because no more vassal obviously.
Edit3: We can no longer gift tech to AI? I recall being able to do that. http://prntscr.com/1auk93

I'm not Putmalk, but your problem is in using YnAEMP with CIVDF. They're incompatible. If HCaR modifies DLL, it's incompatible, too. Test without any other mods, and see if you're still experiencing issues. Enable one mod at a time, clearing your cache between each test. See which one causes the issues.

With 7.03 changes the Button now perfect, thanks. :)

Here´s a German Translate Update (few fixes).

I've fixed all the other bugs.

I'd like to hear some context behind this. Was Egypt your friend or enemy?

I think he was deceptive. It was showing friendly but pretty sure he was deceptive, not sure for Greece. Pretty much everyone didn't like me because of auto declaring war on friend and warmongering thing. So I assume deceptive. Would that change anything? I noticed that deceptive they refuse defensive pacts and it's really hard to trade with them.

I'm not Putmalk, but your problem is in using YnAEMP with CIVDF. They're incompatible. If HCaR modifies DLL, it's incompatible, too. Test without any other mods, and see if you're still experiencing issues. Enable one mod at a time, clearing your cache between each test. See which one causes the issues.

Which issues? If you mean the crash, it's just that they have no cities and vassal is trying to do something about it, not really related to the map, None of the mods edit the dll. I did play with this mod and nothing else, didn't notice anything different happening in the game with or without the mods listed. Not the first time I play with that map and this mod together too. Always worked. I don't have any *big* problem during the game. I'm simply reporting stuff I found out :). Next game I'll test only with this mod, will be simpler for reporting.

Edit: While getting update i've noticed the comment on steam about civilizations denouncing when having multiple vassal ( I assume because "fear our multiple vassal modifiers" ) the thing he say about city-state also happened to me, many civilizations accused me of attacking city-state and picking "on the weak" when all the city-state close to me where my allies. I've no idea why I just though it was because I was at "blocked war" with city-state allied to other civilizations.

Great work with the vassalage system, I just have a couple of questions.

Does the AI evaluate the strength of the master when declaring war on the vassal? I've played a couple of (relatively) quick games this weekend and it seemed like after I had destroyed my vassal's army, captured all but one of their cities, and forced them to capitulate, the AI decides it would be the perfect time to attack. This drags me and any other vassals into the usually one sided fight and actually leads to an amusing daisy chain of capitulation where I force the attacking AI to capitulate and then another AI tries to attack them... I guess it's functionally a defensive pact (does the AI evaluate defensive pacts correctly?)

Also when you release hotfixes (7.01+) do you update the direct download option? Because I don't like using the steam workshop to manage my mods, I use the mediafire link you provide in your steam workshop description.

Great work with the vassalage system, I just have a couple of questions.

Does the AI evaluate the strength of the master when declaring war on the vassal? I've played a couple of (relatively) quick games this weekend and it seemed like after I had destroyed my vassal's army, captured all but one of their cities, and forced them to capitulate, the AI decides it would be the perfect time to attack. This drags me and any other vassals into the usually one sided fight and actually leads to an amusing daisy chain of capitulation where I force the attacking AI to capitulate and then another AI tries to attack them...

Also when you release hotfixes (7.01+) do you update the direct download option? Because I don't like using the steam workshop to manage my mods, I use the mediafire link you provide in your steam workshop description.

Yes the direct download gets updated. I usually do it about 10 minutes after I release the steam hotfix.

The AI should be evaluating your target value to include your city-state allies and vassals. Also in Version 7.4 the AI's should be less likely to go to war with someone's vassal.

Spoiler :

Code:
else
	{
		for(iThirdPartyLoop = 0; iThirdPartyLoop < MAX_MAJOR_CIVS; iThirdPartyLoop++)
		{
			eThirdPartyPlayer = (PlayerTypes) iThirdPartyLoop;

if(IsPlayerValid(eThirdPartyPlayer))
			{
				// someone is ePlayer's vassal, or ePlayer is someone's vassal, in any event, we compare strengths with ePlayer
				if(GET_TEAM(GET_PLAYER(eThirdPartyPlayer).getTeam()).GetMaster() == GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).getTeam() ||
					GET_TEAM(GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).getTeam()).GetMaster() == GET_PLAYER(eThirdPartyPlayer).getTeam())
				{
					iThirdPartyValue = 0;
					eThirdPartyStrength = GetPlayerMilitaryStrengthComparedToUs(eThirdPartyPlayer);
					eThirdPartyProximity	= GetPlayer()->GetProximityToPlayer(eThirdPartyPlayer);

// How strong is this master/vassal?
					if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_PATHETIC)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 0*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_PATHETIC();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_WEAK)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 0*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_WEAK();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_POOR)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 5*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_POOR();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_AVERAGE)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 20*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_AVERAGE();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_STRONG)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 35*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_STRONG();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_POWERFUL)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 50*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_POWERFUL();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_IMMENSE)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 100*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_IMMENSE();

// How close is this guy to us?
					if(eThirdPartyProximity == PLAYER_PROXIMITY_DISTANT)
						iThirdPartyValue *= /* 100*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_DISTANT();
					else if(eThirdPartyProximity == PLAYER_PROXIMITY_FAR)
						iThirdPartyValue *= /* 115*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_FAR();
					else if(eThirdPartyProximity == PLAYER_PROXIMITY_CLOSE)
						iThirdPartyValue *= /* 150*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_CLOSE();
					else if(eThirdPartyProximity == PLAYER_PROXIMITY_NEIGHBORS)
						iThirdPartyValue *= /* 200*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_NEIGHBORS();

iThirdPartyValue /= 100;

// Add the strength of this friend in to the overall eval
					iTargetValue += iThirdPartyValue;
				}
			}
		}
	}

Yes the direct download gets updated. I usually do it about 10 minutes after I release the steam hotfix.

The AI should be evaluating your target value to include your city-state allies and vassals.

Spoiler :

Code:
else
	{
		for(iThirdPartyLoop = 0; iThirdPartyLoop < MAX_MAJOR_CIVS; iThirdPartyLoop++)
		{
			eThirdPartyPlayer = (PlayerTypes) iThirdPartyLoop;

if(IsPlayerValid(eThirdPartyPlayer))
			{
				// someone is ePlayer's vassal, or ePlayer is someone's vassal, in any event, we compare strengths with ePlayer
				if(GET_TEAM(GET_PLAYER(eThirdPartyPlayer).getTeam()).GetMaster() == GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).getTeam() ||
					GET_TEAM(GET_PLAYER(ePlayer).getTeam()).GetMaster() == GET_PLAYER(eThirdPartyPlayer).getTeam())
				{
					iThirdPartyValue = 0;
					eThirdPartyStrength = GetPlayerMilitaryStrengthComparedToUs(eThirdPartyPlayer);
					eThirdPartyProximity	= GetPlayer()->GetProximityToPlayer(eThirdPartyPlayer);

// How strong is this master/vassal?
					if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_PATHETIC)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 0*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_PATHETIC();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_WEAK)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 0*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_WEAK();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_POOR)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 5*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_POOR();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_AVERAGE)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 20*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_AVERAGE();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_STRONG)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 35*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_STRONG();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_POWERFUL)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 50*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_POWERFUL();
					else if(eThirdPartyStrength == STRENGTH_IMMENSE)
						iThirdPartyValue += /* 100*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_IMMENSE();

// How close is this guy to us?
					if(eThirdPartyProximity == PLAYER_PROXIMITY_DISTANT)
						iThirdPartyValue *= /* 100*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_DISTANT();
					else if(eThirdPartyProximity == PLAYER_PROXIMITY_FAR)
						iThirdPartyValue *= /* 115*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_FAR();
					else if(eThirdPartyProximity == PLAYER_PROXIMITY_CLOSE)
						iThirdPartyValue *= /* 150*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_CLOSE();
					else if(eThirdPartyProximity == PLAYER_PROXIMITY_NEIGHBORS)
						iThirdPartyValue *= /* 200*/ GC.getTARGET_VASSAL_BACKUP_NEIGHBORS();

iThirdPartyValue /= 100;

// Add the strength of this friend in to the overall eval
					iTargetValue += iThirdPartyValue;
				}
			}
		}
	}

Hmm, that's interesting. Looking at the code briefly it looks like it might be that my vassals were just so weak militarily and my distance from the cities being sieged that lowered my group's military value. Also, I'm guessing whatever diplomatic check that triggers the AI to compare strengths to declare war (my vassal had negative modifiers with a bunch of other civs) doesn't take into account diplomacy between the other vassals and the master.

Edit2: I've figured that if they propose it is it not voluntary http://prntscr.com/1an9qn I proposed it for Austria and Netherlands proposed it.

Is this true? Does it matter if the AI declared war or if the player does? Or if the AI proposed the capitulation or not? I've gotten the positive modifier "They are our voluntary vassal state" from a wartime capitulation. Atilla had declared war on me in the classical era and once I got into the medieval era I forced him to capitulate. I was running some revision of version 7.

Is this true? Does it matter if the AI declared war or if the player does? Or if the AI proposed the capitulation or not? I've gotten the positive modifier "They are our voluntary vassal state" from a wartime capitulation. Atilla had declared war on me in the classical era and once I got into the medieval era I forced him to capitulate. I was running some revision of version 7.

You should only be getting the voluntary vassal state under one condition: If you bought vassal state from them on the trade screen. If it's wartime capitulation, or vassalage-via-other-player's-capitulation, then they're not a voluntary vassal. Any other behavior is a bug.

Merged Putmalk's DLL with whoward's + Gedemon's

Not Updated to latest versions, and I probably managed to create some bugs... ;)

Less than two hours on WinMerge had the result of the attached CvGameCoreDLLExpansion.zip file (Source Code Only; Needs to be Built)

Attachments

• CvGameCoreDLL_Expansion.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 145
Merged Putmalk's DLL with whoward's + Gedemon's

Not Updated to latest versions, and I probably managed to create some bugs... ;)

Less than two hours on WinMerge had the result of the attached CvGameCoreDLLExpansion.zip file (Source Code Only; Needs to be Built)

Hotfixes are coming out regularly so thank you for clarifying (and doing this!) that it is not using the updated versions.

Here's something funny that just happened to me, (and the game is only running this mod this time)

I'm DoF with Persia and they back stab me, after some little war we make peace.
I denounce them.

So to begin they backstab me and we are still "DoF" not even saying they back stabbed me. It's like friendly war in a way. and then this happen.

http://prntscr.com/1bce3k even after denouncing, still saying we made DoF. And we can see it say "Demand" but then If I demand -> it say request help. http://prntscr.com/1bcebg and no diplo penalty for using it.

Edit: France Dow'd my vassal and I'm getting this http://prntscr.com/1bda2v Using latest version.

The vassalage system functions like a defensive pact so if CivA declares war on your vassal CivB then you (plus any other vassals) end up declaring war on CivA so you end up getting any penalties for declaring war.
In v7.4 whoever declares war on a vassal will now declare war on the master as well.

AI should also be much less likely to declare on a vassal

In v7.4 whoever declares war on a vassal will now declare war on the master as well.

AI should also be much less likely to declare on a vassal

How do I know the version i'm using? I started that game yesterday (downloaded the latest before) I'm not sure anymore...

How do I know the version i'm using? I started that game yesterday (downloaded the latest before) I'm not sure anymore...

7.3 is the latest version.

I'm not incrementing to 8 because versions are reserved for "big patches" like new features and stuff.

Top Bottom