Civilization V: Brave New World Fall Patch Released!

Great news!! Thank you!

EDIT: Any new DLC in the works? For some reason, I assumed at least one would be released alongside this patch. I guess I'll continue to wait patiently and optimistically. :D

EDIT2: Oh! I guess I should've launched the game and checked the main menu first, haha. :blush:

....and suddenly japan and germany makes much more sense!:) Wow, what a patch!

Anybody know what's up with the link to the Scrambled Continents map pack from the game menu to the Steam Store not working? Can't seem to find it.

Is there a list of changes that have been made since the beta? Assuming some have been made, of course.

Anybody know what's up with the link to the Scrambled Continents map pack from the game menu to the Steam Store not working? Can't seem to find it.

Not working for me either, but it doesn't appear to be up on the Store yet, which would explain why the link isn't working.

EDIT: Maps are up! :D Time to start a new game, as soon as I finish this essay. *grumble grumble*

You can find the final notes here:

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?272071-Civilization-V-Brave-New-World-Fall-Patch-Released!

Thanks for everyone's help! The public beta was a GREAT experience!

Can you confirm the version number please? Preferably in your OP.

The question will come sooner rather than later.

Oh, and about the beta: that is clearly the way to go. Among many pluses, we are faaar more forgiving during official betas than we are if we are sold betas. ;)

Is the patch automatically downloaded when I go into Steam?

Because I'm currently playing a game I don't want the patch to download.
Is there a way to prevent the patch from downloading until I've finished my current game?

Thanks.

You can disable "update this game automatically" in the game options.

I assume the patch is supposed to be live for both PC and Mac versions. (The open beta was PC-only.) When I opened Steam on my Mac just now, some kind of Civ 5 download occurred. However, when I started Civ 5, none of the patch changes are there (Germany is still the same, the social policies are unchanged, etc., both in the Civilopedia and when I created a new game). How long does it take for the patch to reach me? Is it a Mac issue?

Edit: I rechecked, and "Always keep this game up to date" is the selected option (I've never changed it).

Version #s:
2nd or 3rd Beta: 1.0.3.128
Final Patch: 1.0.3.142

They announced a 2nd update to the beta on Friday, but I never noticed receiving a Civ update. Don't know if I just didn't notice or if I never got it, so not sure if .128 is for 2nd or 3rd beta.

I assume the patch is supposed to be live for both PC and Mac versions. (The open beta was PC-only.) When I opened Steam on my Mac just now, some kind of Civ 5 download occurred. However, when I started Civ 5, none of the patch changes are there (Germany is still the same, the social policies are unchanged, etc., both in the Civilopedia and when I created a new game). How long does it take for the patch to reach me? Is it a Mac issue?

Edit: I rechecked, and "Always keep this game up to date" is the selected option (I've never changed it).

Steam was confused and the mac patch is finished and will probably go out as soon as it's approved.

dshirk, is there the possibility that there is some kind of bug regarding mods that "depend on Brave New World"? My mod and several others that are marked as "depend on Brave New World" have all stopped working with the release of this patch.

EDIT - never mind, tracked it down to whoward's DLL for some of his mods, the new patch doesn't like it. I will have to find an update for that :) Disabling it caused mine and the others to start working again.

Would the new Fall patch cause saved games to stop working?
I'm currently using the Beta patch?

Thanks.

Would the new Fall patch cause saved games to stop working?
I'm currently using the Beta patch?

Thanks.

my beta game works okay....if that helps

Played a bit with it this morning... first roll was a 3 wheat desert floodplains salt start. How am I supposed to decide which pantheon to take?? :lol:

Decided for once not to take DF, and wow, that is just ludicrous growth. You absolutely need Tradition to handle a capital like that. With farm & granary, those are 6-food tiles until Civil Service, at which point they're 7-food tiles. That's *better* than Lake Victoria... x3. I had unemployed citizens from about turn 40 on, even after writer's guild and university... Given the value of fast early growth, I think this might be the most OP pantheon. Ironically, Sun God is better for OCC than God-King... :p

Their tech order seems like it'd be vaguely similar to persia's. Well, up until banking.

I'm excited to try them.

Top Bottom