Brave new world vanilla, Great prophets.

Larsenex

King
Greetings. I have a question or two. I have a religion and I have enhanced it. Are great prophets useful for anything OTHER than spreading religion after this?

I cannot start a golden age with one, nor can I create art or writings (That I know of.).

I am playing on an easy lvl (warlord) to get the hang of the new tourism/culture features. I really like the trade concept!

Thanks much.

You can always plant the Great Prophet for a Holy Site, which, when worked, provides some extra Faith (and Gold and Culture if you adopt certain policies in the Piety tree.)

You can settle them to make Holy Sites if you want more Faith production... (Though I'm not a big fan of doing it, unless you plan on filling out Piety to make super Holy Sites)

In general I'll maybe generate one additional GP after I've enhanced my religion just in case the stupid religion-mongers actually got to me. Or maybe if I feel like getting a religion building, I'll let them convert me first and then immediately put back my religion.

You can use them for forcefully converting a whole civ to your religion. Holy wars are fun till your OB are revoked. Sending an army of 4-5 or more missionaries and a GP or two to completely flip a civ religiously is fun. Expect a war fterwards, the heathens never like to be converted to the one true faith.

Top Bottom