Super Power Modpack - Total Conversion

Great mod, but every game I try and play crashes at some point(always different), and will continue to crash at that same point. In each game I have played, it has been at a different point in the game, I've tried finding a common denominator, but it seems pretty random.

These are the mods I have running:

http://i.imgur.com/ussL538.jpg

I tried using the v45 of the DLL mod, like you mentioned in an earlier post to see if that stopped the crashing, but it didn't work sadly.

The original save was not corrupt after starting the game, it was larger than 12kb:

Here is a link to the save file:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/8nmtmc

Good luck with the mod, I hope you iron all the bugs out, because it's a great mod, with a lot of potential.

@byrne86, I'm very sorry but I don't have the Korea DLC so I can't open your saved file.

Possible Crash caused by Korea DLC Warning!

I received three saved file with repeated crash. They all have Korea DLC loaded in the game.

Since I don't have Korea DLC installed in my Civ 5 and the Korea related tweaks are coded by my friend - I didn't test it on my own.

As a result, I'm afraid that Korea DLC may cause game crash problems. However I'm not sure.

You may consider turning Korea DLC off to avoid possible crash before I figured out the problem.

Sorry but the text files in this mod are a little massed up. Sometimes you may need to find some certain text in .xml other than NewTextTweak_EN_US. Like the texts of the new corruption system & nuclear winter are located in NewGameRules.xml. Thanks for your hard work!

I don't think that's it. I guess I accidentally deleted a < or something similar because it's just showing TXT_KEY for strings I've already translated. It's pretty exhausting to find that one line when there are so many strings. I was hoping you'd have any idea on how to easily find the spot, where I messed up.

This is something I dislike about Civ5. When you do something wrong ALL the text files stop working so you can't even figure out, which one is causing the error...

I've loaded the dllscript (tried both version 53 & 45) and activated the mods in the proper order but I still keep getting an error- a window pop up:
Texture load error
Unable to load texture [ExpScen_BuildingPortrait45.dds]

I am pretty sure this is correlates to the granary as I don't have a graphic for that building, just a red square. But this pop up comes out a lot and it's pretty annoying. I think it is also preventing me from using all 4 of the mods.

I'm playing right now- Now I'm researching Agriculture. I have a big red square where granary would be but I'm getting a texture load error with #64 now. It pops up A LOT, I keep pressing enter or space to close but it pops up at least 20 times in a row.

Also getting #128.

This looks like a really cool modpack but I still haven't been able to enjoy all 4 of these mods because of these textures errors. I'm also getting the error where I start up and can't begin production in my first city (when I play with all 4 mods enabled).

I don't have any UI installed.

From your troubleshooting it says that if the mod is missing required dependencies to delete the cache file: ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\ Civ5ModsDatabase. I did that and it did not work.

Edit: Now it says it is Transferring the Super Power Units and it is not progressing with the transfer.

I have no idea on how to check if a mod is compatible or not. Does the Increase City Radius 3 to 5 interfere with your mod?

From your troubleshooting it says that if the mod is missing required dependencies to delete the cache file: ...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\ Civ5ModsDatabase. I did that and it did not work.

Edit: Now it says it is Transferring the Super Power Units and it is not progressing with the transfer.

I have no idea on how to check if a mod is compatible or not. Does the Increase City Radius 3 to 5 interfere with your mod?

His mod already does that. I mean increasing the radius from 3 to 5.

Possible Crash caused by Korea DLC Warning!

I received three saved file with repeated crash. They all have Korea DLC loaded in the game.

Since I don't have Korea DLC installed in my Civ 5 and the Korea related tweaks are coded by my friend - I didn't test it on my own.

As a result, I'm afraid that Korea DLC may cause game crash problems. However I'm not sure.

You may consider turning Korea DLC off to avoid possible crash before I figured out the problem.

That doesn't seem to be the right solution, it seems. Still crashes. I tried with a new game as well, but it crashed all the same, earlier too. Doubt it has anything to do with the turn now. The problem seems really random.

That said, with the DLC off, I also noticed some changes to the religion's beliefs list. The changes I noticed as follows:

- "+5 gold for every city that has the religion" is now missing without DLC
- "Tithe: +2 gold for every 4 citizens" is now "+1 gold for every 5 citizens"
Not sure if this was meant to be the case initially​

I can't say I know for sure (those two beliefs are the two I almost always pick), but it feels like there were more that went missing. The list feels shorter than usual but I might be wrong.

Not as major a problem to solve as the crash, I'm sure, but just so you know! Good luck!

Spoiler :

I fixed it by a few retries on deleting the the Civ5ModsDatabase. One thing I have to say, this is one of the best mods ever. All the mod choices are wonderful. One aspect I would like added and changed is that settlers should not loose health as fast or maybe slower when a military unit is on their tile. Under a barbarian camp a settler still looses health. I am not sure if this is on purpose, but it is quite annoying. Other than that everything is amazing.

The random crashes I have been experiencing seem to not be linked to the Korea DLC, I started a game without the Korea DLC loaded and got the same crashing at another seemingly random turn.

I really can't see any connection between games and the crashes, I have made sure to play differently each time, taking different tech routes, different building paths, number of cities settled, but I am always met with a crash at some point in the game, and no longer able to continue past it.

I thought it might have been an issue with me restarting the game when I didn't like my starting position, but I didn't restart in this latest game and hit the same problem.

Here is my latest save with the Korea DLC disabled:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ddoj6u

That doesn't seem to be the right solution, it seems. Still crashes. I tried with a new game as well, but it crashed all the same, earlier too. Doubt it has anything to do with the turn now. The problem seems really random.

That said, with the DLC off, I also noticed some changes to the religion's beliefs list. The changes I noticed as follows:

- "+5 gold for every city that has the religion" is now missing without DLC
- "Tithe: +2 gold for every 4 citizens" is now "+1 gold for every 5 citizens"
Not sure if this was meant to be the case initially​

I can't say I know for sure (those two beliefs are the two I almost always pick), but it feels like there were more that went missing. The list feels shorter than usual but I might be wrong.

Not as major a problem to solve as the crash, I'm sure, but just so you know! Good luck!

Those beliefs are tweaked due to the number of cities reduced in the mod (min city range 3->4)

If the crash is random, it could be tricky to deal with. As we all know, Civ5 itself loves crash

I fixed it by a few retries on deleting the the Civ5ModsDatabase. One thing I have to say, this is one of the best mods ever. All the mod choices are wonderful. One aspect I would like added and changed is that settlers should not loose health as fast or maybe slower when a military unit is on their tile. Under a barbarian camp a settler still looses health. I am not sure if this is on purpose, but it is quite annoying. Other than that everything is amazing.

Thanks for the report of settler still looses health in a barbarian camp. I'll do something for it when I'm able.

The random crashes I have been experiencing seem to not be linked to the Korea DLC, I started a game without the Korea DLC loaded and got the same crashing at another seemingly random turn.

I really can't see any connection between games and the crashes, I have made sure to play differently each time, taking different tech routes, different building paths, number of cities settled, but I am always met with a crash at some point in the game, and no longer able to continue past it.

I thought it might have been an issue with me restarting the game when I didn't like my starting position, but I didn't restart in this latest game and hit the same problem.

Here is my latest save with the Korea DLC disabled:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ddoj6u

Thanks, I'll check it latter.

I'm still getting notices for four different textures that are missing. One is definitely the granary icon.
I'm also experiencing random crashes, I haven't been able to make it past the medieval era starting from ancient era.
I only have BNW dlc, no Korea or anything else just Vanilla and BNW. This looks like a really cool mod but unfortunately I haven't been able to experience it to it's fullest yet.

Hello. I'm really impressed by your mod and so far have had a lot of fun with it! Though when I attempted to use your mod with the infamous IGE (In Game Editor), I recieved this error message from IGE:

c:\Users\WSB\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Ingame Editor (v39)IGE_API_Misc.lua:21:attempt to compare number with string

I reported to the mod author, and he told me that it comes from a non-numerical yield value, probably a typo on one of the features, terrains or improvements declared in those mods, and that I should report this to you instead. Hope this is an easy to fix problem and wish the best.

Oh an important side note: I was only using IGE and your mod, nothing else.

Hello, Im getting an error that says: "[ExpScen_BuildingPortraits64.dds] I am using a few other mods that add buildings. If you have any idea on what i might need to do msg me. Your mod looks amazing

EDIT: I'm also having some missing textures in the research screen, and dont have the scroll bar on the bottom of it, i haven't look any further into the game.

I've loaded the dllscript (tried both version 53 & 45) and activated the mods in the proper order but I still keep getting an error- a window pop up:
Texture load error
Unable to load texture [ExpScen_BuildingPortrait45.dds]

I am pretty sure this is correlates to the granary as I don't have a graphic for that building, just a red square. But this pop up comes out a lot and it's pretty annoying. I think it is also preventing me from using all 4 of the mods.

I'm playing right now- Now I'm researching Agriculture. I have a big red square where granary would be but I'm getting a texture load error with #64 now. It pops up A LOT, I keep pressing enter or space to close but it pops up at least 20 times in a row.

Also getting #128.

This looks like a really cool modpack but I still haven't been able to enjoy all 4 of these mods because of these textures errors. I'm also getting the error where I start up and can't begin production in my first city (when I play with all 4 mods enabled).

I don't have any UI installed.

Yea, im having the same problem, could you do me a favor and tell me if you have a scroll bar on the bottom of the research screen and what mods you're using

Top Bottom