NESCraft

Aliens.

No indicator please, I like guessing better.

Also I had a thought, shouldn't dark skinned characters have a bonus to protecting themselves from the hot sun in environments where you have to find shelter during the day? Or at least lighter skinned characters should face a greater penalty.

Just from an observer (as of now), I think that there should be no indicator. It takes away some of the "mystery" in the world, and would make everyone meeting each other too fast. If you're worried about re-population, it might be a good idea to give a few "hints" for some players, especially those with a mystic trait (charm too, if you could find a way to justify it). But nothing too strong.

By the way as a future player (hopefully) I'm in the no indicator camp. People won't explore for the first couple of turns while they try to not die. In fact the way this NES is constructed the first waves of exploration should occur as new players added in later updates are still finding their feet, which would lead to interesting and potentially fatal (for the newbies) scenarios.

I'd say no indicator as well.

I imagine a few encounters happening among a few within the next day or two, but I don't think anyone should particularly get help finding others. Yes it will cause advantages for those who are able to meet soon and work together, but the differences between groups should make it more interesting.

You can still stack the deck for hopelessly distant players by plopping any newcomers nearby.

How much food is there on one cooked caveman?

No indicator.

New actions:

Optical
1 AP: Snap a sharp branch off a nearby pine tree (the one by the bunnies). Hunt bunnies with this makeshift spear.

2 AP: Strip the branches off the lower part of the pine tree (so they don't catch fire). Create a fire using the two-sticks method under the tree. Feed this with the cut-down branches and sleep.

Action points:

Dig a shelter in the ground to hide from the daytime heat.
Harvest the nearby cactus for water.
Explore.

Action points:

Dig a shelter in the ground to hide from the daytime heat.
Harvest the nearby cactus for water.
Explore.

Explore north west!

Not exactly sure if I can get in but hey a Daftnes is worth a shot.

Desired gender: Male
Eye colour: Brown/Hazel? If not a mix just Brown.
Eye shape: Just uh round I guess?
Hair colour / style: Color would be a Dark Brown.
Body type: Tall and slender?
Skin tone: Pale but not Albino
Traits (2 picks): Lucky and Inventiveness I think it was?
Desired start location: Temperate and terrain wise a forest maybe near the shore if possible.

This looks quite interesting. I'm down.

Desired gender: I'm easy either way.
Eye colour: Green
Eye shape: Normal
Hair colour / style: Brown or Black and Curly
Body type: Small and Robust
Skin tone: 3
Traits (2 picks): Explorer, Ranger
Desired start location: Anywhere is fine

Thankyou, I should really post up a 'waiting list'. I'm really not sure how many prospective players we have now!

Also, I had the realisation I should've added 'Hunter' as a trait. One who has an instinct for tracking and being stealthy. And also an 'Explorer' trait, one who can cover larger distances while travelling and has an instinct for homing in on special things/resources. Perhaps even a 'warrior' trait.

Any suggestions how I can retrofit that into the game? :s

allow people to learn traits by doing those tasks repeatedly?

Also: fisherman and sailor.
Also- basic and expertise ranks in each trait? with expertise only being available if you started with basic and you otherwise spent a lot of time doing that task. also- if you are expert in something offspring are more likely to be basic in it (they watch their mom & dad do it all the time and learn from them)

Thankyou, I should really post up a 'waiting list'. I'm really not sure how many prospective players we have now!

Also, I had the realisation I should've added 'Hunter' as a trait. One who has an instinct for tracking and being stealthy. And also an 'Explorer' trait, one who can cover larger distances while travelling and has an instinct for homing in on special things/resources. Perhaps even a 'warrior' trait.

Any suggestions how I can retrofit that into the game? :s

Just add them in. We're all supposed to die and reincarnate anyways. :p

Let me do that for you, mon ami.

The Waiting List

(in order of application)

TheDright
Vertinari118
MoreEpicThanYou
J.K. Stockholme
Popcornlord
thomas.berubeg
Thlayli
bonefang (sort of, he didn't post a template)
TerrisH
Eltain II
lopaz
Justo
noob (Trix)

Getting there :) Update in a few hours!

I am thinking of adding new trait options, and allowing everyone to change one of their existing traits at this point.

Thanks for making the list, Thlayli!

Top Bottom