Where can I find a List of Accurate Tech Costs for Civ5 G&K?

MindRunner

Faithful to CIV since 1991. :)
Hi you all.

I'm going crazy around Tech costs.
I have Civ 5 G&K, and I am trying to do a sort of Database of technologies so that i can use it on a spreadsheet. I already every everything, but the actual data regarding the costs seem to be different in levels (so far so good, I alrteady took care of that) but also in different game files! I loaded some game files from HOF gauntlets and they differ from the ones I created.
Besides that, all the sources I found on the Web have different values from the sames Techs, even when they mention it's for G&K!
Are the costs calculated dynamically based on the actual map of every game, speed and difficulty level?
I really need some help to understand this.

I have mods installed but all are deactivated, and I didn't use them to collect the data I have now about technologies costs in different levels at standard speed.

Any help will be welcome.

Map size, game speed and starting era are three relevant variables but also how many AI you've met have researched the tech in question, which makes tech costs a variable not a constant.

If you look at the costs on the first turn, do you get a base cost? Can you then figure out what the discounts are for meeting civs and others' tech levels?

PS

Thank you Browd! Finally things start to make some sense...
I knew that the map size and difficulty level should have something to do with it, but I knew nothing about the fact that civs I met and civs civs that have researched that tech are also considered... But how?
Can you point me some web link that explains that for G&K?

I'm glad not the only one with these doubts, cause I thought i had some problem with my system... Thanks Storminator for relieving me of that burden :)

I'm not sure of a link to any resource explaining the "discount from met AIs that also have the tech"), but it's a readily observable phenomonon. Maybe someone in the mods sub-forums (Creation & Customization) has documented how it works.

For the other variables, you can ferret them out of the xml. Baseline tech costs are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\Technologies\CIV5Technologies.xml).

In the other files, look for the <ResearchPercent> lines):

Map Size: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Worlds.xml

Difficulty level: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5HandicapInfos.xml

Game speed: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameSpeeds.xml

Eras: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5Eras.xml

Thank you very much Browd! Really good help.

In fact, after what you said, i remembered of searching the XML and I managed to find all those files. But it's good to have your confirmation that I got nothing wrong.

So now it's a fact that Tech Cost has a constant (static) part, that can be calculated "off game" and is dependent on these variables: Era, GameSpeed, Handicap (Difficulty Level) and WorldSize.

So I'll be ignoring the meeting with Civs which is dynamic and I can't do much about it, whithout actually playing the game.

I already imported all the xml values to a spreadsheet and I'm ready to start calculating an estimative cost (ignoring meeting civs).

My problem now is in what order do I process the 4 dependencies?
They all use percentages as you said.
Do I add or remove acording to a percentage different than 100%?

Well, perhaps you're right and this thread really belongs to the mods section.
So if any administrator can move it, I would apreciate.
Meanwhile, I'll go there and give it a check as you said. ;)

Thanks.

Map size, game speed and starting era are three relevant variables but also how many AI you've met have researched the tech in question, which makes tech costs a variable not a constant.

One additional factor; its also on the handicap xml.
By default on Warlord and above that's 100. (No change)

However, the AI by default plays on Chieftain and by default that level is 95% of normal.
(Settler is 90%)

Also note that the default value for a standard map size is 110%. (The base tech cost is for Small map with normal speed in the Ancient Era on Warlord or above)

Top Bottom