Funny Generals

ahawk

King
Anyone find the Great Generals to be particularly funny when it comes to who spawns who?

To clarify:

As Montezuma, my war-mongering ways cause me to spawn Montgomery (Bernard). So, I'm Monty... commanding Monty...

Or, as Germany, I end up with Zhukov...

Any others you guys can think of? I'm sure there's more funny possibilities.

Playing as the French with Nelson as a Great Admiral, Playing as Rome with Hannibal Barca as a Great General and Playing as William, commanding William the Conqueror.

What's HE doing on that side?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 1,103
Playing as Greece and at war with Persia, Leonidas was their Great General.
Playing as Carthage and at war with Rome, Hannibal was their Great General.
Playing as England and at war with France, Jeanne D'arc was their Great General.
Playing as Spain and at war with the Aztecs, Hernan Cortez was their Great General.
Playing as the Shoshone and at war with America, Sitting Bull was their Great General.
Playing as Germany and at war with the United Kingdom (England conquered Celts), Erwin Rommel was their Great General.

Not really ironic, but playing the Inca with Zhuge Liang commanding my armed forces from a jeep seemed particularly anachronistic, even for Civ.

I've often wondered if there is only one list for each GP or if the game just assigns random GP's? I'd prefer if my GGs etc. matched my nation or if you could rename them, but it's not a big deal.

To be fair, having Montgomery as a "great" general is pretty funny in itself...

Spawned Genghis while playing as Mongolia

You always spawn Gengis Khan first when you play as Mongolia. They have Khans instead of GGs and they have appropriate names.

Now when CS gifts you Gengis Khan and you have Mongolia on the same map - this is really funny.

Patton while playing as Russia is particularly funny to me, considering his views on the Russians.

I've gotten Patton for my Germany while my the guy i was fighting which is usa and they got rommel.

You always spawn Gengis Khan first when you play as Mongolia. They have Khans instead of GGs and they have appropriate names.

Now when CS gifts you Gengis Khan and you have Mongolia on the same map - this is really funny.

I think Gengis Khan being in the Khan list alone is hilarious as YOU are supposed to be hm, right? So if Gengis turns into a Citadel, or is deleted/captured... who are you?

recently used william the conquerer to conquer william twice in 1 game. Lost Amsterdam to the english, but they liberated for some reason, giving a 2 pop unitless city to william to give to me...

Top Bottom