In-Game World Builder Civ V

agoodfella

Prince
Does anyone know if they will be incorporating World Builder as they did in the previous Civs? i.e. allowing players to edit in the middle of games (single player of course)?

Doubt it, as it would make getting achievements too easy and EVERYONE WANTS ACHIEVEMENTS ALL DAY LONG :rolleyes:

I often felt stupid using the World Builder to make "little changes" like a river, a coal ressource, a couple of great enginners...

Honnestly, the World Builder feature is a massive cheat machine I can't resist to use.
It remains a very interesting tool to experiment situations, or make lovely pics for the modders.

I suggest an option at the very beginning of the game "World builder on/off". If on, no score and no victory allowed

I suggest an option at the very beginning of the game "World builder on/off". If on, no score and no victory allowed

Yes, this is what I wanted to say. We should be allowed to have this as an option.

I only used to world builder to give myself a bunch of nuclear bombs to nuke whatever civ was responsible for me having to start a new game. :mad::nuke::scan: Then I started a new game as I won't play a cheated map.

Ok, so no In-Game World Builder, but where to find it in the game. I save a map, want to modify a little bit, before replay the game. But cannot find the world builder in my folder.

Thanks

Can find the world builder if you go to "tools" in Steam. Runs as a separate app.

I used to quite like using it "in game" to experiment.

The Civ V worldbuilder actually seems really excellent. Yeah, you can't use it from within the game, but that actually was never what it was intended for really, was it? If you have a random map in the game that you really like and want to change, choose the "save map" option, then call it up in the worldbuilder and do whatever you want with it. You can even design a scenario there to essentially recreate the game you were playing.

there's an equivalent "in game" world builder. It's not as easily accessible as Civ4 but it's fairly comprehensive as far as I can tell.

I used it to create situation to see how unit maintenance cost was calculated, you can give any player any tech, any set of tech (advance an age), all techs, units, terrain, resource, culture, gold, anything really.

install the SDK package and launch it separately from your civ 5 game.

there's an equivalent "in game" world builder. It's not as easily accessible as Civ4 but it's fairly comprehensive as far as I can tell.

I used it to create situation to see how unit maintenance cost was calculated, you can give any player any tech, any set of tech (advance an age), all techs, units, terrain, resource, culture, gold, anything really.

install the SDK package and launch it separately from your civ 5 game.

Thanks for the post, I am very interested in this. Sorry but I am quite the tech challenged person.

1) Where do we download the SDK package (via Steam?)
2) Once it is downloaded / installed, do you launch the game first and then the SDK package
3) If so, how do you do this? Do you go through the menu options? Could you be more specific?

Many thanks in advance!

Copy pasted from steam :

To install, simply navigate to the "Tools" section of your Steam game library and find "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK" in the list. Install that.

Just checked it myself : open steam itself, goto Library, now you can choose games media tools downloads

Choose tools, look down the list for Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK.

and install it.

Thanks for the post, I am very interested in this. Sorry but I am quite the tech challenged person.

1) Where do we download the SDK package (via Steam?)
2) Once it is downloaded / installed, do you launch the game first and then the SDK package
3) If so, how do you do this? Do you go through the menu options? Could you be more specific?

Many thanks in advance!

Follow the direction above my post to install SDK then
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9712009&postcount=12
so firetuner is enabled. Launch firetuner, launch civ5, load a saved game, you're all set.

Warning, I've only used firetuner to create testing situation to try to figure out maintenance formula so far. Someone posted after using firetuner, his game turned weird, with citystate killing its own units, etc.

I do not know if that's true or not since I only use firetuner to setup testing situation, never used it in an actual game.

If anyone figures out how to alter/add terrain with the firetuner please post the steps. I think there are a few of us that would really appreciate the help.

Please can someone explain how to load a map that you have modded to play it, i know it is probably easy but i am just an old fool.many thanks. and a brill game

Top Bottom