Does hiding a submarine under ice protect it from attack?

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
Obviously other submarines can still nail it, but would leaving your sub parked under an ice pack protect it from things like destroyers and aircraft?

(I've been trying to prove my theory but no one will oblige and attack me).

I seem to recall having read that currently, they can still be targeted when under ice. But I have no personal experience to either prove or disprove this.

Protected against dessys yes, but I don't know about planes, i'd have to assume that planes can hurt the submarines because planes fire at enemy units indirectly. Basically battleships and missle cruisers can sink submarines under ice, only thing it's safe from is dessys.

My theory is that it is similar to "hiding" a Caravel in an ocean tile. In this case it is known that the first naval melee unit can not attack it, but that the first ranged naval unit can.

If possible, just stick your ship/submarine/boat in one of your cities and let the city take the beating.

I've parked under ice in a couple games, but they never seem to get a sub or destroyer over to even see me, let alone air strike me.

Anything with a ranged attack can hit it - cities, archers, catapults, battleships, bombers, etc

Top Bottom