[MOD] Fall from Heaven II

If someone needs to download the patch (D), get it here:

New version is out (Link removed)

My first game and on an island, east from mine, I found a giant red dragon.
If I think seriously about it, I prefer to come back at home!
:D

Found a bug. While playing as the Kuriotates, any city built after my third one came upo with ":(set)" after the name and the only thing available for building is an obelisk. That was VERY annoying as I like playing as the Kuriotates so I can get a dragon. Is this something that can be looked into?

Justin... its not a bug.. it confused me at first too(and I checked the Civ-pedia and didn't see very good doc on this.. maybe I just looked in the wrong places).

Just read back through the last 3 pages or so of this post into the discussion on the Kur's 3 city limit.. it has been an extensive discussion.

Good luck!

justin_in_bango said:
Found a bug. While playing as the Kuriotates, any city built after my third one came upo with ":(set)" after the name and the only thing available for building is an obelisk. That was VERY annoying as I like playing as the Kuriotates so I can get a dragon. Is this something that can be looked into?

The Kuriotates only get 3 real cities. These cities are bigger than any other civs have access to (they can wirk the 3rd plot ring). But any city they gain past the 3rd is a settlement that has very limited build options.

Ummm, probably it already had been taken into considerance, that Song of Autumn might give 1 culture per city with Fellowship of the Leaves (just like the Stigmata on the Unborn gives +1 research)... ?

Also, AI needs more stress on tech grabbing and expansion, cause... I really had no problem grabbing key techs before the others. But, besides that... you da Boss. Love this mod.

I wish they have eliminated this bug before they released that 1.61 patch, so i won't have any trouble with the No City Names and Easy Access bars and the Bright Terrain bugs. that way i can continue playing without any trouble with them bugs.

I thought that elven archers had the ability to plant new forests, but I am not seeing that option. Is it just druids?

beorn said:
I thought that elven archers had the ability to plant new forests, but I am not seeing that option. Is it just druids?

Druids, Priests of Leaves and High Priests of the Leaves can cast Bloom. Elven Archers can cast Bloom in FfH1.

I was wondering.. The little music thing that plays whenever the Octopus Overlords religion spreads somewhere (I think it plays whenever you build one of their temples too, but memory fails me).. Where is that piece from, or what is it. I just overheard it playing in a commercial for the 'Over There' show tonight. *s*

Cheers!

thealien_83 said:
I was wondering.. The little music thing that plays whenever the Octopus Overlords religion spreads somewhere (I think it plays whenever you build one of their temples too, but memory fails me).. Where is that piece from, or what is it. I just overheard it playing in a commercial for the 'Over There' show tonight. *s*

Cheers!

Its from a song by Sting called Desert Rose.

It might be cool if instead of gaining a wonder by capturing the city Acheron holds you were able to carry it back to your capital (or other city.) I'll send my hero(es) over and capture it only to now have a city half a world away. Not that this can't be a part of the game, but if you could carry quest prize back to your homeland, then it would be even more of a prize.

BTW, this is an awesome mod. Thanks for all the hard work and time you all have put into the effort.

A map concept might be to create a powerful island nation, like Melnibone (sp?) from the Elric series. Have them be an insular nation, but rich enough that you'd be tempted to try and raid (or conquer) them. They could be a barbarian nation that either starts in a corner (or pops into existence off your coast when you achieve sorcery or summoning.)

Same concept for other mystical beasts could apply where all the sudden you can see another world of beasts once you get different techs. It might make hunters and rangers more relevant later in the game.

Bug?

Playing Tebryn Arbandi and having develloped Summoning, I am not able to
build any conjurers.
Adepts cannot be upgraded to conjurers.

State religion: octopus overlords.

Notarzt said:
Bug?

Playing Tebryn Arbandi and having develloped Summoning, I am not able to
build any conjurers.
Adepts cannot be upgraded to conjurers.

State religion: octopus overlords.

To upgrade to a conjurer you need to have the Summoning tech and the Adept needs to be at least 3rd level.

Kael said:
To upgrade to a conjurer you need to have the Summoning tech and the Adept needs to be at least 3rd level.
Also IIRC you need incense or reagens. Lvl. 3 is little bit too low in my opinion (only 5 xp, it is easy to build units with much higher xp than 5, it should be increased to 4)

TheJopa said:
you need incense or reagens

That's it!
I met all other prerequesites.
Is the resource prerequesite mentioned in the pedia?

TheJopa said:
Also IIRC you need incense or reagens. Lvl. 3 is little bit too low in my opinion (only 5 xp, it is easy to build units with much higher xp than 5, it should be increased to 4)

As I recall, that's exactly the plan for next version. Which I have to agree is a pretty good idea, much as we all love the sweet little mages.

Cheers!

This might not technically be the right place to ask this, but answers tend to be fast and efficient here, so I figured I'd pop the question here all the same. I initiated a new friend into the wonderful brotherhood of FFH players, but we rather quickly ran into a weird problem on his behalf.
It seems that he can't see any worker improvements except road (or rather, he couldn't see irrigation, we never did play a game very far so we don't know about other improvements) nor does he see any resources whatsoever. And I mean that not as in "He was out of luck and didn't get any resources", when you push the resources button-thingy that points out resources it shows plenty, but none of them show up graphically for him. Insofar as I can tell his graphic settings seem to be the same as mine, and I have no problems seeing everything as I should, so I have no idea what could be the problem.

Picture attached to try and show the weirdness.

Any takers?

Cheers.

Top Bottom