Running CIV 1 on Android

bahill

Chieftain
Has anyone any experience running the original dos Civ 1, version 474.01, on Android?
I'm a big fan of the dos version and would like to run it on my Nexus 7 Android tablet.
I've had a stab at it and made a good start but have run into problems, was just wondering if anyone else had managed?

Here's versions of the software and kit i'm trying to run...
Civ 1 - 474.01
First gen Nexus 7 tablet running Android version 4.4.2
DosBox Turbo, version 2.1.12

I can load up the game and get it running but it then bombs out after a few minutes. Anyone had this happen?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Reactions: GPR
Finally sorted this problem. Now have Dos Civ 1 working flawlessly on my Nexus 7 tablet and on my Samsung Galaxy S3. Can now play it anywhere.

Turned out to be dodgy DosBox Turbo config settings that I had previously setup on my devices. So if you want to run Dos Civ 1 on your Android device, use DosBox Turbo but make sure you use the default config settings.

Good luck and enjoy!

I would like to confirm that I am running Civ using Dosbox Turbo via the Dosbox Turbo Manager. Setting up the game in the manager app makes it easier to customise the buttom controls to work specifically with civ. You need to use the gamepad keyboard by the same dev to set up your keys properly..

I was running civilization on android using snes 9x as an emulator and civilization as a rom..

Top Bottom