Never-Before-Seen Civilizations

Which of the following Civs belongs in the game? (Please Select All That Apply)

• Total voters
I voted Tibetans an Moors, as each would make for a pretty unique civ with some interesting characteristics.

Not that they're huge in the scope of world history, but an Inuit civilization would be interesting to play--a civ that likes ice and the poles and maybe whales.

The Phoenicians. Another water civ would be nice.

Well, Carthage has been in before. Of the poll choices I liked the Phoenicians.

they should put carthage and the phoenicians in as one dlc

What about the Huns?

I dont recall them being in a previous civ game. Not really that accomplished culturally, but were brutal warriors who learned how to defeat Legionaires / testudo formations.

What about the Huns?

I dont recall them being in a previous civ game. Not really that accomplished culturally, but were brutal warriors who learned how to defeat Legionaires / testudo formations.

check page 7 for all the reasons the huns are inelligable for inclusion in the game. the reason mongols are acceptable is also explained on page 7

greatest ruler of the assyrians or everyone?

Well, Sargon would refer to Sargon of Akkad, not Sargon II of Assyria, so he never was a ruler of the Assyrians. He does have the first recorded empire in history and was a legend in the middle east afterward (kind of like the worship Charlemagne had in the Middle Ages). He wasn't great at centralizing rule, though, and his empire kind of collapsed after his death.

I would like them to put in a civilization I have never heard of before. I am not a student of history so that shouldn't be hard to do. Then I can learn something new.

I don't agree with the philosophy that all the civilizations in Civ need to meet some fan enforced criteria such as size, their impact on history, etc...

Rastafarians, N00bianz, Scientologists, Cromagnon-style troglodytes. I miss them so!

... and Jews, yea, no Jews and Izrael, how can it be so?

While not a veritable historical source, after reading Mika Waltari's The Egyptian, I thought that the Minoans could be a really interesting new civilization. Too bad they're the same thing to the Greeks as the Phoenicians are to Carthage, so I would have to vouch for the Tibetans in the end.

Also I would love it if Inuits had somesort of igloo as an UB. Could you then build igloos in the middle of a jungle or even in the desert?

Denmark and Sweden, or all of Scandinavia as one civ. The vikings may have been noticed in history because of their trade and plunder and therefore deserve a place in civ. But it was the Swedish empire that encircled all of the Baltic sea and fought (successfully) in russia, todays germany and against the tatars in present day poland mainly in the 17th and 18th century. When Napoleonic France existed, the swedish empire was considered one of the greatest powers of Europe. And up until it surrendered and made itself a province of the EU, Sweden had far greater influence in the world politics than countries many times its size through successful diplomacy and active support for progressive countries in the 20th century.

Looks like our current top 5 in the poll are:

1. the Phoenicians
2. the Assyrians
3. the Hebrews
4. the Moors
and in a distant 5th place, the Nubians.

You do get that I'm talking about the votes in the poll and not my personal preference right?

(Btw, the Tibetans are in the poll. If you wanted them, you should have voted for them.)

Depends on what you mean by a "civilization". I would probably say minoan's or phoenecian's of the ones you listed.

I personally would love to see the civs re-imagined as actual civs, and not simply some civs, and some modern states, and some flavor ethnic groups.

Perhaps something like:

Early:
Han
"Indian"
Minoan
Egyptian
Persian
Phonecian
Grecco-Roman
Nubian
Celto-Germanic
Mesoamerican

Mid:
"Vikings"
Arabs
Steppe Nomad (Turk/Mongol/Hun)

And then some modern ones.

The whole idea being to focus on different modes of thought and ways of living. Poland seems deserving compared to the current civs, but it isn't different enough from its neighbors IMO. Even France and Germany are pretty samey, as are Greece and Rome.

I don't think Akkad would be a very good civ choice because Assyria and Babylon were successor states and thus there will probably be city overlaps.

Definitely so if the Sumerians make it into the game since Sargon conquered Sumer.

Cydonians.
Leader - this blob to the far left http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/images/10/apr/ufo/24.png
Special unit - Chryssalid.Turns enemy units into zombies that you control.If a zombie is killed - another chryssalid spawns at that location.
Special unit - Ethereal.Annoys the everloving crap from you.

I say the Kurds. Saladin as their leader. Bam.

And they are NOT arabs so dont say it. Largest ethnic minority in the world without a state.

Top Bottom