Expansion pack announced - Civilization V: Gods & Kings

they can give a 'civilization' name to whatever they like, cornflakes for example. its their right. and it would not be their falut if people like you didnt find espionage and religion in the flakes.

Ah so <snip> the consumer.. is the name of the game? Least your honest.. unlike firaxis. Keep going your proving my point for me rather well.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate language removed.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Ah so ### the consumer.. is the name of the game? Least your honest.. unlike firaxis.

im a consumer too and i wasnt ### so its not likely.
your disappointment has no direct connection to the game itself, as i've written above.

im a consumer too and i wasnt ### so its not likely.
your disappointment have no direct connection to the game itself, as i've written above.

How so.. you said my expecting things that was in the previous version is somehow unacceptable.

Please explain your logic in that a sequel doesn't have to contain anything to do with the previous version in a series.

Guess I'll leave it at that.. I've got moderators on me now. Lord forbid I Expose the money grubbers for who they are.

btw don't use symbols.. they are an infraction. 20 percent is acceptable 20... uh I won't do the symbol cause I don't wanna get another infraction.. but using the symbol isn't. (thats what I'm told. Personally I think I'm being silenced due to my comments about repackaging the same features over and over)

How so.. you said my expecting things that was in the previous version is somehow unacceptable.

Please explain your logic in that a sequel doesn't have to contain anything to do with the previous version in a series.

its likely would contain things from previous versions, in their general form, what we have with civ5 actually (cities units civs techs etc all these things we have). if not - people would be disappointed. if we would sell A under the name of B2 people that liked B and arent fond of A-like things would be disappointed and it would be a marketing fail as A-likers would not buy B2 thinking that its not A, and B likers would make bad reviews putting other B-likers out of B2. Which is not the case of Civ5, as everyone of Civ4 fans knew that theres no religions and espionage in the game, long before the release, and changes to the main concept were not that substantional to make civ5 be completely different from civ5.

its likely would contain things from previous versions, in their general form, what we have with civ5 actually (cities units civs techs etc all these things we have). if not - people would be disappointed. if we would sell A under the name of B2 people that liked B and arent fond of A-like things would be disappointed and it would be a marketing fail as A-likers would not buy B2 thinking that its not A, and B likers would make bad reviews putting other B-likers out of B2. Which is not the case of Civ5, as everyone of Civ4 fans knew that theres no religions and espionage in the game, long before the release.

Cities units techs etc is any 4x game. When you name it Civ V we expect MORE than 4x basics.. is that wrong? Could they have named Elemental:War of Magic Civ V and told us to shut up and accept it.. cause its not much different from what your saying to me. Game systems that have evolved over 10 or more years.. all trashed for new untested systems. It wasn't just Religion and espionage as you label it. Every system was changed. Name ONE system in civ V that was kept from Civ IV. Name One. Hexes cool.. ranged combat great.. but then you redo EVERY OTHER system. remove all features... then offer to fix the broken systems and add the old features you removed. with a 30$ expansion. Please explain to me how its okay for you for them to toss out 10 plus years of learning from the community then sell us fixes to your systems which are broken via an expansion after you threw out everything you learned from our feedback.

How is it a sequel if it throws out everything they learned?
Isn't a series about learning and improving on the previous versions?
According to you and firaxis no.. its about selling the most copies and to blank with the consumer. Forget what we learned.. lets drop it all and make a game that has no link the previous versions but name it the same so we can get those sales. When people complain cause we dropped features.. we'll add them and sell them as an expansion.

Honestly your acceptance of those practices bothers me far more than them doing it. Because as a consumer you enable them to do it.

From reviews:

The AI is sophisticated (and nasty) enough to plan a betrayal 15 turns in advance. And you can use your spies to find this out.

In the early ages, religion will be one of the crucial factors in how other civilizations respond to you. Later in the game, those religious prejudices will give way to ideology preferences.

That's sad. Initial design was targeted the same gameplay for SP and MP game, although this was never achieved due to lack of attention to multiplayer. And now we have expansion full of features working against AI, but not human players.

Having Civilization 4.5 instead of Civilization 5.5 would be quite disappointing. I'll be glad to be mistaken.

People need to chill if we have to have mods actions now.

This is suppose to be a fun game, not a realistic super detaled game, if that was it every turn should equal to one day and then THAT woudl take ages -.-

I'm just happy they are putting more flavour into the game so Hotseat games will actually be exciting for once. I'm happy they haven't screweded us over with little civs instead, we're getting NINE new ones.

I understand people's concern with "balancing" and the fact that Civ 5 was "broken" when it was released, but so was Sims 3, everyday now, the most commercialized games are usually not taken care properly.. mostly by EA Games, I don't play the others but I'm sure there were some issues with Skyrim and stuff.

Name ONE system in civ V that was kept from Civ IV. Name One...
great people, customizable civics, unit experience and promotions.
moreover personally i liked they dropped religion and espionage as their realization in civ4 was quite lame, imo. and i dont like they brought them back. hope they have completely reworked them.

great people, customizable civics, unti experience and promotions.

None of which is the same.. they are altered.. so therefore not the same systems.

but its nice you ignored the rest of my post... it proves its true.

People need to chill if we have to have mods actions now.

This is suppose to be a fun game, not a realistic super detaled game, if that was it every turn should equal to one day and then THAT woudl take ages -.-

I'm just happy they are putting more flavour into the game so Hotseat games will actually be exciting for once. I'm happy they haven't screweded us over with little civs instead, we're getting NINE new ones.

I understand people's concern with "balancing" and the fact that Civ 5 was "broken" when it was released, but so was Sims 3, everyday now, the most commercialized games are usually not taken care properly.. mostly by EA Games, I don't play the others but I'm sure there were some issues with Skyrim and stuff.
So that makes it okay to release games that are broken and then charge for the fixes???

theres just nothing new, i responded to that earlier
again you ignored half my post.. the systems you quoted as kept were all modified greatly so were not kept. Are you purposely being disingenuous?

I don't expect you to ever agree with me. But I would like the logical points of your argument. Is that too much to ask?

Moderator Action: Please don't level accusations at other posters such as proposing that they're being purposely disingenuous. It's considered trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

i dont think so, i thought it can be concluded from the conversation, as i mentioned those systems as kept.

Again they weren't they were drastically modified.. how were they kept.. please how are they anywhere near the same systems as in previous versions.

This sounds amazing. I'm so excited about this - and I'm glad religion is being brought back; I always had faith (npi) in the concept but didn't think it worked as well as it could have done in Civ IV. Thanks Greg!

• Reworked Combat System. The expansion has a reworked combat system along with an AI that places more emphasis on balanced army composition. Among the changes to the combat system is the addition of melee naval units, which will force you to really rethink the way you execute your naval assaults.
  • Enhanced Diplomacy, with Espionage. In addition to being able to establish embassies with your rival civilizations, spies will now be an important part of how you conduct your foreign affairs. Surveilling foreign cities, stealing advanced techs, and garnering influence with city-states are some of the things you'll be able to do with this new powerful mechanic.

Hi Greg. So does it mean that "AI development isn't worth money in games." aren't true anymore? This has been said either by you, Sid or Jon Shafer. I Don't remember which one. Or are this points just marketing and empty words?

Edit: It was Jon Shafer.

Fistalis, you are the same kind of person who was complaining when Civ IV came out.

Governments were changed completely from III. Corruption as a whole was out. Armies were gotten rid of. The entire game was effectively changed. Were you complaining then?

Maybe "of Gods, Spies, and minor unit tweaks" didn't have quite the same ring? LOL
Hahaha :lol:
I recommended the Moors and Kongo as alternatives.
What about Numidia? Masinissa or Jugurtha as leader? True, they didn't have a vast empire, but the Numidian cavalry was 'world renowned' in western Europe.

And maybe Kingdom of Aksum or Sheba (which I believe both were in the same spot, if I'm correct? Ethiopia/Red Sea coast)

Top Bottom