Erebus

OOC: Agree! also: Do we play another scenario after this? Would the players that played in this scenario get some bonus in next scenario?

{I don't think it's a current thing, this adventure will last veeeeeeeeeeeery long... you haven't seen even the point where things will really begin...
But you'll get something, won't reveal what it is yet}

As you continue towards Amuria, now accompanied by the mercenaries, you keep a watch in case more creatures come to harass you. You see none. The chimera seems to have been a single anomaly of the world.

After some days of traveling, as you descend from a hill, the wide lands of western Amur finally open in front of you. A league north from where you stand, there are some weird fields, scattered with large rocks, if you see right. You thought the ruins would be a bit more dramatic, with towers and castles.

But the important thing is the village on the south side of the river flowing through the ruins. You heard that it would be the place where you'd get the ferry to Glorairine.

As you continue your travel, your skeleton draws some attention. You are stopped in the forests between the hills and the river, by some bowmen clad in the typical Amurite dark red, leather armour and bearing swords in their hands and runes on their arms.

"Halt! No undead allowed in the lands of Amur, without the permission of the Crown or the Magi! You are coming from the lands of the Bannor, you ought to know there is this thing called the law!"

Mryddyn glances at Tsanal, he knew this undead deer would be more burden it woudl be worth it. he uses his earing to communicate to Tsanal silently:

"you'll have to release the enchantment on the deer if we hope to get into amurite lands. Im not going to say i told you so but...."

"As you wish," Tsanal says, and then begins to take the luggage off the deer, and then removes the enchantment. "You speak of a permission. Pardon my question, it's some time since I've been home, but where can I optain said permission? What does it take, and so on?

{the mercenary captain didn't answer it yet, but will answer it soon}

Tsanal de-enchants the skeleton and lets it crumble.

"You are obviously not skilled enough to cause any danger, so we'll let you go unpunished this time. But if we find another illegal undead made by you..." (the captain draws his finger across his throat)

"And about that permission, to you who don't know or have forgotten the ways here, everyone who wants to practice necromancy, demonic magic or any other type of magic with a significant threat to innocents, must apply for permission in a magi council. The one of your family, of the province you were born in is the right place. However, the council of Cevedes will also give you the permission, if there is a doubt that the local council has some personal and not objective reasons to deny you the permission to perform risky research. Also, if you are in the service of another family, its council will be your own instead of your family's. Foreigners, if they show any magical talent at all, use the two latter ones."

"So, for simple people: ask your family or master, the great council won't tolerate people wasting their time."

Munak whispers to Mryddyn: "Seems like the Amurites have some decency after all. I had heard the Amurites were willing to use all sorts of magic, no matter its origin." She then suspiciously eyes the mercenary captain, who for some reason refused to answer on what side of the war he fought. ;)

Mryddyn whispers back to Munak "yes, it seems they do have a strict code when it comes to magic. i am really very relieved, if i had to be around more undead, especially those conjoured by people i cant trust, i think i would go mad..."

"We don't follow any single religion, and many don't care about any gods. Just keep in mind that the councils will decide each case individually, and they don't like people who oppose their wisdom."

so how does the systemwork? do people apply for licenses to perform magic and then perform? or do they perform magic, get brought to a council, and then get the right to do magic?

(ooc: is there a way to disguis my magic so that it doesn't piss the amurites off?)

[Since it imho is unfair to get advice OOC, I'll answer as if it was IC]
[I'll use * to show when it's using the link]

*"Look, they're not that stupid. You don't have to be an Archmage to tell Divine Magic from the Arcane sort. Why don't you just hide it?"*

A bit angry after being reminded of the bureaucracy of his homeland, Tsanal says: "Perhaps we should try to get to the cities? If you want to discuss the rules, perhaps you should speak with the mages, not these simple bowmen," Tsanal nods toward the ones who stopped them, and then says: "The real mages probably know a lot more than these.."

You continue towards Glorairine. The villagers are a bit reclusive but when they notice that some of you are mages they gladly let you take two of their boats for a minimal pay. As the evening grows darker you hurry to avoid having to spend the night too close to the ghastly-looking ruins, and continue traveling through the night, with one steering and others sleeping. They told you that the river would be slow and without rapids or waterfalls for most of it, so you don't have to worry about them.

On the night, you feel a strange oppressing feeling. You don't sleep very well, and your dreams aren't what you are used to. They seem similar at first, but then they become confusing and weird, weirder than usual that is, and in every one of them you have a feeling of meeting something, something you have never seen before and can't describe as you didn't see them, but only feel. But as it's only temporary you soon ignore it as an ocassional nightmare.

Top Bottom