Poland on King

Delta_301

Chieftain
Good day.
I've had a quick look around but found nothing to my specific needs.

I've gotten good at Prince games, and am trying to move onto King. I had an 8-player King game as Siam a while ago, and I was barely keeping up. I tried one as Poland yesterday with only me and three AI. I'm doing better, but I have a few questions about what I should do to really get ahead.

One thing I always do no matter what, is tank Great Library. I like to get ahead on tech early, and find I can easily produce units later on if I need to fight a war. On King, I will usually capture the nearest player's capital before Turn 100 if I can. I'll then concentrate on producing more units, and go for another Civ's capital.

This is where I fail; because on Prince they just left it at that. However, the first Civ I get always try and get their capital back about 50 turns later. It is quite annoying, because I feel like I'm getting nowhere with a Dom victory.

1. Is there any specific way I should try to get a Dom victory?
2. Can somebody write me a quick strategy for a Dom victory as Poland?
3. Can someone recommend a good Civ to play as on King?

Thanks,
-Lewis.

#3 Poland is one of the top tier civs

#2 Someone has already written a big Poland guide; it covers all victory conditions including Domination

#1 Obviously keep enough units near the capital you just captured that they can't take it back. And/or if they still have 2+ cities after you take their capital and one of them is near the capital take that one as well (raze if you don't want it) this will make it harder for them to come back.

I would strongly recommend tommynt 's Poland tradlib hybrid guide

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Okay, thanks for the advice guys.

But can anybody recommend a good Civ to move to the next difficulty with? I've started using civs I did a good Prince game on, such as England. And it seems to be working. I'll just work my way up the map sizes etc etc, until I am awesome at King :D

Just try immportal with poland and u should be fine if u play somewhat focused - ie use workers in a non auto way - think about where to plant cities and dont try to do useless wonder races.

#1 Beeline Education for Unis then beeline Artilery (so you can bombard cities without retaliation and capture cities with fast units), works for every civ on King.
#2 See above, Winged Hussars can help but are not required.
#3 Poland stronk. Source: I'm Polish. Seriously though, it's one of the easiest civs to play, Korea and Babylon are stonk as well, cause :c5science: = God in Civ 5.

The Poles are quite powerful; I think the Mongols are probably the easiest civ to play as Keskiks are by far the best unit in the game.

Top Bottom