Best naval civ?

I've played decent Small Continents games as England but Large Islands, Tiny Islands or even Archipelago is the way to go if you want a pure naval game. Continents and Earth map work well too but do depend on your/AI starting location.

Don't worry too much if you don't get GL - just make sure you capture the city that built it if you miss out or go for something else.

I started a new game, large islands, and I really love the map. I'm currently building up my navy to attack Greece. The only issue I'm having is that my economy and tech is lagging behind the other civs (I'm playing on emperor and I'm still making the transition). I'm thinking if I can take out Athens with Napoleon and Genghis working with me I can use the city to produce some more tech. After that I think I'll switch my focus over to Indonesia because my spawn only has two iron and none of the civilizations have any to trade which is quite depressing as England. I can let you know how it turns out if you'd like.

I started a new game, large islands, and I really love the map. I'm currently building up my navy to attack Greece. The only issue I'm having is that my economy and tech is lagging behind the other civs (I'm playing on emperor and I'm still making the transition). I'm thinking if I can take out Athens with Napoleon and Genghis working with me I can use the city to produce some more tech. After that I think I'll switch my focus over to Indonesia because my spawn only has two iron and none of the civilizations have any to trade which is quite depressing as England. I can let you know how it turns out if you'd like.

Sounds like it's going to be an eventful game. Once Greece is dealt with and you have those universities up I'm sure you'll be on the home straight. Oh yes, iron is key for those SoTLs! It'll be interesting to hear about those naval battles.

Top Bottom