Music to Civ by

Some remixes or cover versions can be good, but I tend to avoid live versions of anything. Other than Rush, (who stay pretty true to form), a band playing live tends to really mess up my favorite songs. It ruins the whole thing for me. I'll make exceptions for Jimi Hendrix, Clapton, and Led Zeppelin, but the rest? Meh.

I dont really like listening to contemporary music when playing. I listen to classical, mainly, so I usually just stick with that or a History Channel documentary I found on youtube.

I dont really like listening to contemporary music when playing. I listen to classical, mainly, so I usually just stick with that or a History Channel documentary I found on youtube.
It seems that a lot of people listen to classical when they play. I guess I'm just weird...

It seems that a lot of people listen to classical when they play. I guess I'm just weird...

You're not the only one in the weird category :) :crazyeye:
Me ? I like listening to metal when I play :lol:

Rock on ! :band: :rockon:

Wow, I cannot recognize a single track/group proposed around. Well, I am a cultural hermit.
Otherwise, right now, I'm listening to randomly found Turkish/Arabic/Indian music.

I found a CD at my library and picked it up on a whim. The group was called "Two Steps From Hell" and they do soundtracks for movie trailers. It's hardcore epic theme music. Goes great with Civ. :)

Pretty much all of their stuff is available on YouTube, so you can just have it rocking the background for free.

eta -- that wasn't my first post, like it says, but it was my first in quite some time...

"All we are just another brick in the wall ...." Pink Floyd ^^

More than 10 years ago after Elder Scrolls Morrow wind was released it was re-released as a special edition that included a cd of the game music. From time to time I enjoy listening to the music of Morrow Wind while civing.

I play with sound off. When I did have the sound on, I loved the soundtrack up until the modern era. I've said it before and I'll say it again- Queen seems like it was written for Civ.

"We will Rock You/ We are the Champions"
"Keep Yourself Alive"
"Killer Queen"
"You're My Best Friend"
"Don't Stop Me Now"
"Save Me"
"Play the Game"
"Another One Bites the Dust"
"Under Pressure"
"I Want to Break Free"
"Hammer to Fall"
"Princes of the Universe"
"Who wants to Live Forever"
"I Want it All" ( the ultimate Civ theme.)

I think for my next game I will change my title to "FLASH, savior of the universe."

I guess that's not enough. As for Led Zeppelin, let's go with the Viking songs-

"Immigrant Song"
"No Quarter"

Prelude- "After the Gold Rush"

Van Halen
"Runnin' with the Devil"
"Right Now"

and since the Civ series has a long-running thing with Elvis-
"Viva Las Vegas"

I found a CD at my library and picked it up on a whim. The group was called "Two Steps From Hell" and they do soundtracks for movie trailers. It's hardcore epic theme music. Goes great with Civ. :)

Pretty much all of their stuff is available on YouTube, so you can just have it rocking the background for free.

eta -- that wasn't my first post, like it says, but it was my first in quite some time...

Yeah I recognize them ! ^^ They are truly awesome and are especially suited for FFH 2 ! ;)

I play with sound off. When I did have the sound on, I loved the soundtrack up until the modern era. I've said it before and I'll say it again- Queen seems like it was written for Civ.

"We will Rock You/ We are the Champions"
"Keep Yourself Alive"
"Killer Queen"
"You're My Best Friend"
"Don't Stop Me Now"
"Save Me"
"Play the Game"
"Another One Bites the Dust"
"Under Pressure"
"I Want to Break Free"
"Hammer to Fall"
"Princes of the Universe"
"Who wants to Live Forever"
"I Want it All" ( the ultimate Civ theme.)

I could also go with "I want to ride my bicycle , I want to ride my bike ...." (I think it was called "Fat Bottomed Girls" - It's been a while since I've last listened to Queen") or "Another one bites the dust" (I think it goes like "(...)machineguns ready to go! ...." in the lyrics :D) when at war ;) But yeah Queen is great and uniqe and it indeed suits Civ great ^^

I think that also the "The Final Coutdown" by Europe would suit a future era well when trying to win the space race :D

Men Without Hats are known for their hit "The safety dance".
The song in the link has less keyboards and more guitars.

Spoiler :

Men Without Hats are known for their hit "The safety dance".
The song in the link has less keyboards and more guitars.

Spoiler :

The literal version is even more funny. you gotta love You Tube sometimes.

I thought you in particular might enjoy it.

IDK how but You know me pretty well :eek: .... because I love every second of that song (and believe You me when I tell You that it cannot be said about great many songs ;) - at least in my case :D )

Top Bottom