News: Quick Game 6

Theoden

Deity
GOTM Staff
This game, which focuses on early culture, is made by Rik Meleet and is not based on a GotM game.

The Game
Culture has always been popular among the Babylonians. So one day in the year 4000 BC they decided to settle down and prove that they were worthy of being called the kings of culture.
If they could get an early lead it would surely be impossible for other nations to even compete with their excellence in the arts. So they decide to settle on a golden hill and begin their quest.

The Objective
The objective of the game is to achieve a cultural victory as early as possible. This can either be done by accumulating 2000 culture in a single city or by accumulating 5000 culture throughout the empire.

Rules:
The rules are the standard rules we use in the COTM competition.

In addition there are several rule changes to the game:
-Bowmen have the extra ability of enslaving to workers.
-Captured workers can be disbanded for culture – 40 in the capital; 20 in other cities.
-Sacrificial Altar improvement added, which doubles the culture gained from sacrificing workers.

Other info
This quick game requires C3C 1.22 to play

Latest submission date is March 18th
To submit your game go to the gotm submission page and submit it as C3C Bonus 6. Ignore the response with jason score it gives you afterwards. Losses can be submitted too.

>> SAVE <<

:eek: :wow: First we have to wait for month and now two Quickies in 3 weeks?!? :eek:

I hope I can squeeze this in again but I neglected Gotmand Cotm lately :(

Anyway: :goodjob: that quickies are alive again!

:bowdown: :bowdown: :D

I'd rather have them distributed over the six months after this rapid sequence when we will have to wait again... :rolleyes:

But this is elevated suffering... :lol:

So when is the first spoiler opening, before I forget ? :)

I'd rather have them distributed over the six months after this rapid sequence when we will have to wait again... :rolleyes:
:lol:
I understand your concern. But the reason I've been waiting so long is that I wanted to wait until RL allowed me a decent chance at being able to keep the games coming at a somewhat constant rate. As you have noticed, I'm starting out with 3 weeks between each game, but that will increase or decrease eventually, depending on the situation. :)

@BeF
The spoiler is coming tonight or tomorrow along with the results of the last game.

@AT
It's emperor level (if it's too high, blame Rik ;))

How do I submit? Retiring in the turn I make 2000 culture?

Ahh didn't wait for the game to tell me its a victory. I will do so then.

Actually we accept submissions until the 18th, but I see there's some inconsistency with the date mentoined in this thread. I've changed to reflect the correct date. :)

In some unrelated event - for the Danish Theoden:
(Beklager, jeg forstår ikke Fransk. Gider du at skrive det på Engelsk? Takker.)
Translation will follow after Theoden's response :)
Jeg tror ikke helt jeg forstår hentydningen. Kan du give et hint? (Translation will follow after Rik's response).

And I didn't know that you could speak Danish. :) (unless, of course, you've 'cheated' and used a translator...)

Your translation is correct, although 'reference' would be more accurate than 'meaning' as a translation of 'hentydning'. :)

But I still don't understand the point of the original sentence. When have I said something in French?

It was not meant for you.

For work I am responsible for Belgium and Luxembourg. I get really annoyed when a long email-coversation in French is forwarded to me with the expectation of me understanding and acting on it. So I usually simply write them back in English asking them to email in English only. This week I was so fed up with repeatedly asking for that so that I asked it in Danish. :lol:

Top Bottom