Multiplayer Peer issue and its ruining of civ 4 multiplayer

Alistic

Warlord
Does anyone else find it odd that even though the connection issue for multiplayer has been a steady problem since the release of 1.52, there really isnt much about it on the forums? No mention of a fix. Dev's brush the issue aside as either a gamespy issue or a firewall/router issue.

That gamespy article a few days ago about multiplayer strats. I mean who is this guy playing multiplayer with? Because 1 trip to the civ4 lobby's main chat will land yourself in a world of listening to constant complaints from people about the peer issue. Sure you can get a game going 'eventually'. But most people dont want to try to launch a game for 2 hours before 1 finally works.

It's amazing that the 1.52 patch wasent recalled. There was no bad peer issue before this patch. These devs obviously don't play civ multiplayer over the internet or they would not carry on like everything is la dee da, and try to imply the issue is router/firewall related.

Just wondering if anyanyone else finds it odd? For me since I do not play single player its basically ruined the game. I mean can we at least get a comformation that the devs are working on a fix. Or at least that they realize that its an issue with Civilization 4 that needs to be fixed? Not just brush it off as an end user issue.

the quality of net code has gone down the tubes. Thats what you get when you hire IT business majors to make your game instead of software engineers.

actually I really dont know. I just know a lot of game makers are getting lazy and saying "well everyone lives in los angelos and has high speed DSL with perfect pings to 80% of the population and by no means could they ever be behind a NAT"...

under "build information" it says "final release". Maybe that answers your question...

This bug is really frustrating, but at least it doesn't kill the singleplayer or LAN games we have in my office. Here's to hoping they clear it up soon.

I was just re-reading over Soren's offical response. It just made me laugh. Ya Soren, it's obvious you don't play this game over the net using the ingame interface.

Its a shame man I have to wonder if anyone has taken the time to explain what the actual issue is. Probably cause it would be a pain to type out. About how someone gets stuck in a slot and it wont allow anyone else to join. Giving them the cant connect to peer error. Then if you kick that person thats plugging it up, the room fills up almost instantly. And thats only half of the issue.

No way this should be game of the year in any category with a bug like this persistant.

On top of that people who post the issue in the tech support area get pointed to a sticky about routers and firewalls. Why not just point them to a post explaining that its a bug with the 1.52 patch. Save people alot of time trying this and that too resolve an issue that isnt going to be resolvable until the game is fixed.

when i get bad peers i always shout in the lobby

****ING QUEER PEERS

Can not connect Civr multi player through Steam? Do you have to own a hard copy of civ4 to play multiplayer?
Help!
I am an oldtimer on civ4 multiplayer, and I am trying to reconnect. It used to be very simple, but I can't get it to work.
All my firewalls are off.
anyone?
thanks!

Top Bottom