Jet Reskins

GFO_Anubis

Warlord
Here are some of my work on the jets for my mod.. Thought you all should have the chance to use them too.. the first 3 is the F16 for Turkey, Portugal and Japan's F2

Updated to include a Italian Tornado skin...

The Tornado model is made by Snafusmith and so are the British and German skins in the folder...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10101

And 3 su 30 for China, Vietnam and Ehtiopian.. I think the model is from "The Conquests" but im not sure so correct me if im wrong...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10104

Mig21s Two skins for Vietnam, one for Ehtiopia, Mali, Mozambique and four other Camos where ive removed their roundells.. The black and white is Russian, the orange and green are Korean, the tiger camo is Italian and i think the red and black is from Germany but im not 100% sure...

Thanks to Snafusmith for the nice model...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10120

SU 34s 3 camos without markings...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10132

Two Mig 29s for Iran and Iraq...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10184

Model by Snafusmith...

More on its way...

Attachments

• F16 Skins.jpg
    F16 Skins.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 330
  • SU 30 Skins.jpg
    SU 30 Skins.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 307
Cool thanks... good job!

Now I need a Vietnamese Mig-21 from someone (or I'll have to do it myself!).

No problem... it's not a huge deal... why the F5 for Vietnam? You modeling Vietnam after South Vietnam?

No problem... it's not a huge deal... why the F5 for Vietnam? You modeling Vietnam after South Vietnam?

No after North Vietnam or just Veitnam.. they captured some F5's from the south after the war and the skin where already out there so went with that for now.. but I think a Mig 21 would be better.. dont know if im gonna make it have some Mig 21's on my list so ill do when im makeing them...

No after North Vietnam or just Veitnam.. they captured some F5's from the south after the war and the skin where already out there so went with that for now.. but I think a Mig 21 would be better.. dont know if im gonna make it have some Mig 21's on my list so ill do when im makeing them...
Well using an F5 for Vietnam is like using a Panther tank for the Soviets or a Sherman tank for the Germans... yeah... both sides got their hands on some and converted them for use, but it's really not iconic at all for said nation. Same thing with the F5 for Vietnam... when I think of Communist Vietnam, I don't think of the F5 as their primary fighter! :p

Right now I'm using a team-colored Mig-21 for Vietnam... but I'll eventually get around to doing a custom skin if someone else doesn't do one first... but it's low on my priority list, so it may be awhile.

Good reskins, I have to drop them in the game to see them a little better :goodjob:. I've been toying with the idea of reskinning the f16 but haven't had the time yet. Keep up the good work

Well using an F5 for Vietnam is like using a Panther tank for the Soviets or a Sherman tank for the Germans... yeah... both sides got their hands on some and converted them for use, but it's really not iconic at all for said nation. Same thing with the F5 for Vietnam... when I think of Communist Vietnam, I don't think of the F5 as their primary fighter! :p

Right now I'm using a team-colored Mig-21 for Vietnam... but I'll eventually get around to doing a custom skin if someone else doesn't do one first... but it's low on my priority list, so it may be awhile.

I think I'll give that a try. I need some practise anyway. Do you have some pictures of their migs (or links)? On a side note, where can you get nifviewer? Or is it part of some larger software packet?

It is like the films where they hadn't the vehicle or the plane of the enemies: the ww2 films where they used the M10 as a panther or in Top Gun where they used the f5 as mig 21 (if I remember well). :p Anyway I would like too to have a Vietnam mig 21 :D

Cool that is nice, looking forward to it :goodjob:. Do you by any chance have a clean version of the F-16 skin so without any markings and without team color? I want to do some, for example for the netherlands. The same for the SU-30 skin if you have it
Speaking of the F5 and the Netherlands, I am using a very nicely done F5 for the Netherlands... it's in the download database if you're interested.

Can't wait to see the Vietnamese Mig-21... I'll be sure to use it.

Speaking of the F5 and the Netherlands, I am using a very nicely done F5 for the Netherlands... it's in the download database if you're interested.

Yes I know, I'm using merged mod (so your units :)) but I made my own additions in which jet fighters are pushed a little forward in the tech tree and constitute the air superiority part of the planes with lower stats and a fighter bomber to take over the part of the light bomber. The dutch f5 is used for the air sup role and a little later in the tech tree there is the multirole fighter (with the stats of the original jet fighter) which both the fighter bomber and jet fighter upgrade to. I want to use a dutch f16 as multirole replacement for the netherlands :). But thanks for suggesting it. Now I have to think of some other units to start my skinning :mischief:.

But thanks for suggesting it. Now I have to think of some other units to start my skinning :mischief:.
You can always backtrack... how about using Chuggs medieval Warlord and make a Dutch Medieval Warlord? Or just about anything else for back then (I dunno about you, but I never liked Danrell's Medievel dutch set... seemed way too Renaissance-ish).

The Mig21's are here! :) enjoy...

Two skins for Vietnam, one for Ehtiopia and for other Camos where ive removed their roundells.. The black and white is Russian, the orange and green are Korean, the tiger camo is Italian and i think the red and black is from Germany but im not 100% sure...

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10120

Attachments

• Mig21 Skins.jpg
    Mig21 Skins.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 127
Top Bottom