Civilization V Funny screenshots

I don't understand this one...

And yes, I have deep knowledge of Lord of the Rings movies and memes :p

Yes they do! Although Wales is part of the Celtic Empire and New Zealand consists of one city which may or may not be coastal...

I rarely see an AI have much success mongering war.
I also rarely see Suleiman have much success in general.
But this...this is something else.
Spoiler :

The best part is that due to smart politics, he isn't hated in the world. Shaka fully eliminated Brazil. Suleiman attacked Shaka, took Rio while he was at it, and let Korea deal the finishing blow to Shaka. Both Dido and Washington were left with one or two crappy cities. I'm seriously impressed by how the AI is handling this game so far, though his rise seems to have come to a grinding halt as his Jannisaries and Siphai are now no longer the dominant force on the battlefield and happiness does seem to become an issue for him. But still...

Shaka beeing Shaka 5 Citys on Epic Speed on Emporer turn 83.
He denouced me right after we meet what a friendly Guy :lol:

Spoiler :

That can't be good, but anyways.. here's another screenshot.. Sailing back to the old world..
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0032.jpg
    Civ5Screen0032.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 1,571
Russia being Russia, its priority while being steamrolled by Iroquois is to send a settler towards what is quite obviously snowy wilderness... and there it is in the screenshot!

How it is possible that you are playing Iroquis and have 1/3 of your own little continent (this 1/3 consists of neutral terrrain, so no 'open borders problem') unexplored in the industrial era? O_o

How it is possible that you are playing Iroquis and have 1/3 of your own little continents 1/3 consists of neutral terrrain, so no 'open borders problem') unexplored in the industrial era? O_o

I went for the other civilizations' capitals with navigation instead since everyone else in the same continent lost their capital already.

Russia being Russia, its priority while being steamrolled by Iroquois is to send a settler towards what is quite obviously snowy wilderness... and there it is in the screenshot!

Not always a terrible plan. It is against humans, but can work against other AI. I once escaped imminent destruction by the Aztecs having crap military and one giant capital left vulnerable by sending a settler to a crap desert and immediately giving it to the Aztecs for peace. The poor saps burned it in a turn and then couldn't attack me for 10 while I bolstered my defenses. I'm not positive the AI is this smart though. ;P

A few from my current game.

If Ethiopia had as much military as they have missionaries, they probably wouldn't be having such a hard time against Hiawatha.
Spoiler :

Biggest tie ever?
Spoiler :

I've heard that the AI really does go after barb camps, but, seriously?
Spoiler :

Hiawatha, if you were smart enough to get that, then you should know how to use it.
Spoiler :
I think he could've bought the city state already, but he hasn't.

Spoiler :

Okay, it's not an admiral, but still.......
Spoiler :

Top Bottom