Unable to Get Civ V to Start, Please Help.

AndrewJCasper

Chieftain
:mad:Help, I cannot get Civ V to Run at all. Called 2KGames Support, They said nobody can get the Game to Play Becuase the Servers are overloaded, is this true.
Video Card Drivers Updated, Direct X 11 Downloaded and Installed, still nothing, no start screen, no nothing. I need help.

Did you restart steam? There are over 17,000 people playing right now so it is working for most people.

You need to be more specific so people can help you. Is the game launching but dies to a black screen during the intro video? There is a way o disable the intro video with a .ini tweak posted a few times in other threads.

Steam servers should not be the issue unless you have either not downloaded the game yet or you are try to play multiplayer. yep...need more information

I don't know about Andrew, but my game won't even launch at all.

I've tried restarting the computer, restarting Steam, running as admin, offline, online...

I checked the integrity of my local files and there was 1 error which updated, now when I check it says it's all working normally.

I really don't know what to do short of re-downloading the whole thing with my fingers crossed.

-----

Once it loaded and asked me to vote for a educational cause. Another time it loaded up some screen with a bunch of advertisements from Steam - It has never done either of these things again and both of them (while filling me with false hope) both led to nothing happening.

Top Bottom